It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has announced that the Kurdish genocide is about to begin.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

And the have been bombing and shelling the kurds since the 90's at least that I can verify with my own two eyes and ears.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex
We won't really know what the Kurds have been able to do themselves as the Turkish ISP's have been ordered to cut off all services including 3G in Afrin area. Unless it is reported by Turkey as an attempt to gain sympathy for themselves.

There is a virtual blackout of data coming out of afrin area, and even the YPG.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In the 80s Turkey wiped out entire Kurdish villages from existence.

a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
MoA has a good piece up that looks at the confusion . www.moonofalabama.org... Just some snips

Secretary of State Tillerson on January 17: The United States will maintain a military presence in Syria ... Our military mission in Syria will remain conditions-based. ... The United States desires five key end states for Syria: ... ... non licet bovi State Dep. Spokesperson Heather Nauert on January 21: [W]e urge Turkey to exercise restraint and ensure that its military operations remain limited in scope and duration [...] We call on all parties to remain focused on the central goal of defeating ISIS.

This one is a gem

Today U.S. Secretary of Defense Mattis added this gem of imperial self awareness: We don't invade other countries, in Russia's case -- Georgia, Ukraine. That we settle things by international rule of law, you know, this sort of thing. And so I think that in terms of great power and competition. One point I want to make is we respect these as sovereign nations with a sovereign voice and sovereign decisions, and we don't think anyone else should have a veto authority over their economic, their diplomatic or their security decisions. So one of the points I will be making just by being there is we respect these countries, and we respect their sovereignty, their sovereign decisions.

[Sinam Mohamad, a senior official in the YPG-backed Syrian Kurdish administration in northern Syria and] currently in Washington with fellow Syrian Kurdish representative Nobahar Mustafa, said the Syrian Kurdish people expected the United States to declare a no-fly zone over the Kurdish-controlled north, “including Afrin.” Mustafa, who was present at the interview, concurred that Afrin “presents a very real and immediate test of US commitment to their Kurdish partners.” The United States “must and can stop Turkey,” Mustafa said.

U.S. allied Turkish forces invade Syria to kill and "cleanse" U.S. allied Syrian YPG/PKK Kurds in Afrin. The Trump administration immediately steps in to assure the respective allies of its continued support: Today the Deputy Secretary General of NATO, the U.S. diplomat Rose Gottemoeller, visited Ankara to tell the Turkish allies that everything is fine. The U.S. will stand with them. Today Commander of U.S. Central Command General Votel and U.S. Diplomat Brett McGurk visited Kobane to tell their Syrian YPG/PKK allies that everything is fine. The U.S. will stand with them.

So there may be a plan but I don't think anyone will be happy and many will die fighting to that end .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just saw something interesting:

Kurdish officials in Afrin are asking the Syrian government to intervene to stop Turkish airstrikes.

I think I've figured out what the game is. Turkey's ultimate goal here is to prevent the Kurds from getting their own state. The attack on Afrin is really intended to force the Kurds to abandon statehood and accept the Assad government again. If it works, you can expect the exact same scenario to repeat in Manbij, and then northeast Syria.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So much disinformation , so much ignorance on this thread .

Some users are calling for Turks to be kicked out of NATO ; I have to laugh at those users because they really have NO IDEA what NATO is all about .

Some other users are adamant that Turks are genociding Kurds ; I would have to have a bemused look on my face when I read such ignorant posts .

Afrin has been ethnically cleansed already by those who proclaim to fight for " Human Rights & Democracy " ; how is it possible to be so gullible that one ends up believing the narrative that Turks are going to genocide Kurds ?

Currently Kurds in Turkish Army actually fighting in Afrin to clear the area from mercenaries and the Western audiences are being taken for a fool as usual .

Kurds can't get their own state without an agreement from Persians , Arabs and Turks , period .

So much ignorance in one thread .

Turks ain't going anywhere ; deal with it .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Buddy nobody is buying the Turkish propaganda anymore give up. Not that anybody believes a genocide is taking place in Afrin against the Kurds either.
Your holier then thou act is borrowing and lacks substance.
Turkey is one of the worst abusers of human rights in history.

a reply to: 23432

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
Buddy nobody is buying the Turkish propaganda anymore give up. Not that anybody believes a genocide is taking place in Afrin against the Kurds either.
Your holier then thou act is borrowing and lacks substance.
Turkey is one of the worst abusers of human rights in history.

Worse than USA and EU ?

or
Worse than Soviets or Communist China ?

I am afraid your personal feelings are clouding your judgment indeed .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Michael Doran, a Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute in Washington, DC, explains how the U.S. has decided to arm terror group PKK/YPG in Syria.

American Defense Secretary Ashton Carter confirms "substantial ties" between the PYD/YPG and PKK.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
During a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) questions General Dunford and Secretary Carter about the U.S. strategy in the Middle East.

" That day has arrived " .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Armegeddon is what probably will come out of all this commotion .

Asad is stronger as a result of last 6 years but plese take into account that 5 million Syrians had to leave Syria .

This all started because Asad was not really representative of ALL Syrians .

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There is no money in Armageddon
If the law was respected, those same people would likely not have left.
No president represents ALL of their people.

I'm not defending it but Hardline leaders were and are necessary in this region.
We cannot continue to compare our civilization and make judgments on the one they chose.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

There is no money in Armageddon
If the law was respected, those same people would likely not have left.
No president represents ALL of their people.

I'm not defending it but Hardline leaders were and are necessary in this region.
We cannot continue to compare our civilization and make judgments on the one they chose.

You know that those who " disrespected the law " were after right to vote ?

So much misinformation in the media about Syria ; for example the Kurds weren't even officially acknowledged by Asad regime .

If a Kurdish family had a child the authorities wouldn't even register the baby in Syria !!!

Donkeys had more rights than Kurds in Syria but no one on this thread mentions anything about the treatment the Kurds recieved at the hands of Asad Regime ; that is pure ignorance imho .

Take Afrin for example ; the town had 300k people who were predominantly Arabs who were the wrong type of Arab according to Asad and they all ended up in Turkey ; Kurds from everywhere else in the region including Iraq were brought in to Afrin to replace these people with USA's & Russia's help .

Same thing happened in Rojava too but if one reads this thread one can not find any correct information but the supposed genocide of Kurds by the hands of Turks .

It was the Turks who opened their borders for all the persecuted Kurds in the Iraq/Syria region ; Saddam gassed Kurds on the orders of Western powers and half a million Kurds escaped to Turkey over night but no one in this thread seems to know about it either .

This thread is all about hating on Turks ; sheer and pure ignorance indeed.

Even today , the Turkish Foreign minister is an ethnic Kurd ; Turkish army that fights in Afrin have plenty of Kurds but if you ask the ignorant users ; it is the Turks who are cruel to Kurds while being nice to Daesh !!!!

It is the Turkish Army who killed most Daesh terrorists but reading this thread you would never know anything about it .

Armageddon is the plan of Neo Christians who support Zionists ; they want to force the hand of God so they can go to heaven .

Meanwhile Israel is after creating 10's of little states in ME so that none of these states have power to stand against Greater Israel Plan .

I sometimes feels despair after reading Western Media .

edit on 26-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

All sides in this conflict are guilty of needless death, look at the history of Russia
if you dig, all politicians are crooked, dirty, just some are better at hiding it
No ones denying the kurds have faced extreme hardship and continue to be abused.
The world hasn't ended since the advent of time, it will be here far after we are gone

edit on 26-1-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So whats your position, are you pro Kurd, or are you pro Erdogan?

What do you want to see happen?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

So whats your position, are you pro Kurd, or are you pro Erdogan?

What do you want to see happen?

Your narrative assumes too much .

Most Kurds are pro Erdogan according to elections .

I am not pro Erdogan nor pro anyone ; I am for pro deny ignorance .

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

All sides in this conflict are guilty of needless death, look at the history of Russia
if you dig, all politicians are crooked, dirty, just some are better at hiding it
No ones denying the kurds have faced extreme hardship and continue to be abused.
The world hasn't ended since the advent of time, it will be here far after we are gone

I would agree with all that .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join