It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Western Male is Being Dumped and collectively character assassinated.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You may be interested in learning that in some countries they strongly push fines over prison, and then they scale fines to income. If you have little disposable income, the fine is relatively small. If you have a lot of disposable income, prepare to pay up. It's not perfect, but it does result in a fairer justice system for non violent crime.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Eventually people are going to remember what the word "Misandry" means.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Revolution9

The white males are the ones throughout history who have BEEN the oppressors, that's how come they aren't usually oppressed. That also happens to be the reason that they SEEM to be under attack, it is simply because many regular folks want all races and genders to have an equal chance.

Note that it is not white men who are under attack for the most part, but it is the aspect of white men suppressing others that is under attack. Some white men perceive this as a threat as they are used to getting gains by suppressing others, such as women today, homosexuals today, and other races both now and in the past (but much more in the past). If they are religious, they wish to suppress others who have different viewpoints than theirs instead of just focusing on their own views and how they apply to their own lives.

The goal is for the white man to be equal, and not a suppressor. That is basically it. For someone who is used to oppressing or suppressing others for personal gains, such as historically, white slave owners, or today, possibly a white man (and presumably other men as well) enjoying massive income inequality over women in the workforce, it does seem threatening to lose that ability to abuse power.

i can only say the only way u could believe such things is because your not seeing the whole picture. victors write the history books and while u may think the white man is known for oppression u obviously have done very little research into past civilizations and cultures from around the world. these are people who have a different history then youll find in any white european history book. so when u think youve studied history and found the white man oppressing people its cause your only getting that slice of history. study south america, africa, egypt, china, india, etc etc and youll find that all races have oppressed others. dont believe me just look to genghis khan, a man who ruled a vast amount of europe and asia.

shoot prior to the spaniards arriving in south america the natives had just conducted a massive war that had gone on for years and they had sacrificed an estimated 10 million warriors who were captured during the wars. look to whoever has the biggest stick in that time of history and region and youll find they are oppressing their fellow man.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As a white man, I have only heard one word I don't like to be called, and it's not like I really care, but it's basically derogatory in nature to me and offends me to the greatest degree.

The word is " Racist " and because I only see us as a nation of people, a world of beings, a universe of life. Because when you narrow things down to this or that, you offend all others by not counting them as human or life.

That's all that matters, and to focus on anything else, is doing the opposite.

We, not they, you, or I, Just Us...

edit on 15-1-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The European white male has been problematic as far as back as we can go. All other races of man, domination ensued. With size of Europe. It should have been conquered by 1 maybe 2 empires. Some have defeated enough to hold for some time. But nothing happened like what happened in Russia with the Czars and China's with the Ming's. The Czars galvanized Russia. Ming's galvanized China. Middle East you had massive empires same with Africa. Europe was isolated. And for so long they learned how to live independent. It hurt Europe in early development. It was to difficult to trade with so many different languages. And the harsh winter environments, where sea trade was limited. This was also the same time the Ice Age was happening. We are talking about long winters with sub zero temps. Without the convenience of modern housing. They had no spices to trade from the lack of seasonal farming. Only thing they had was furs. But you could get that through what is now Russia. It was not till iron came of age. That mineral and the unwinding of the Ice Age. Europe exploded with a large amount of sub cultures. All developing at vast rates. Longer growing seasons and trades routes that are continuous. So when it got warmer and we learned the properties of iron. We began fighting and we love it. Unfortunately for Europe is the America was the final frontier. That last great challenge of man siphoned off a lot of "I can do it" attitudes. The ones that did stay died off in 2 world wars. America embolden by the independent spirit. Embraced being a rebel and looking for a good fight. Its' why we have so many war movies. And action flicks like Rambo and Chuck Norris. If its not for masculinity the world would be ran by "Pussy Hats". And the anti-Christ would be living in the flesh.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Srymybad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
tis an evil bourgoeis plot....he....he no serious

edit on 15-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

I dealt with this in two replies, I was talking specifically about America’s history. I said I would support any group that was being oppressed, even if they were white or Jewish slaves under the Egyptians.

If the Egyptian slave owners felt “oppressed” because people wanted to Free the Jewish slaves and integrate them into society as equals, I would not agree that it was the oppression of the Egyptian upper-class.

Even if there were programs instituted to help lift former Jewish slaves out of poverty and educate them so that they would be on equal footing as their former Egyptian slave-owners, I would not consider that oppression. Even if Egyptians were not allowed to discriminate against Jews while hiring them for work, I would not consider that oppression.

It doesn’t have to do with white people, it has to do with ANY race thinking they are being oppressed just because some of their advantages that come from oppressing others are being taken away.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. It doesn’t even have to be a race suppressing others, it could be a religious group, gender, CEO, whatever. They would probably all complain about “being oppressed” under similar circumstances.
edit on 15pmMon, 15 Jan 2018 22:15:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I dealt with this in two replies, I was talking specifically about America’s history. I said I would support any group that was being oppressed, even if they were white or Jewish slaves under the Egyptians.

If the Egyptian slave owners felt “oppressed” because people wanted to Free the Jewish slaves and integrate them into society as equals, I would not agree that it was the oppression of the Egyptian upper-class.

Even if there were programs instituted to help lift former Jewish slaves out of poverty and educate them so that they would be on equal footing as their former Egyptian slave-owners, I would not consider that oppression. Even if Egyptians were not allowed to discriminate against Jews while hiring them for work, I would not consider that oppression.

It doesn’t have to do with white people, it has to do with ANY race thinking they are being oppressed just because some of their advantages that come from oppressing others are being taken away.

what would those advantages be? all i see are people wanting handouts paid for by a certain "race" that imo is also oppression of another based on race alone. its perpetuating the same injustices over again instead of trying to strive for something better where we see beyond the color of skin. it simply looks like people want revenge for something someones ancestors may or may not have taken part in. forcing people to pay for the sins of past generations is not the right way forward.

in reply to your added post. no that isnt right cause you are calling all straight males guilty of oppression when im sure there are quite a few of them who do not condone such acts.

"Sorry if I wasn’t clear. It doesn’t even have to be a race suppressing others, it could be a religious group, gender, CEO, whatever. They would probably all complain about “being oppressed” under similar circumstances."

so wheres that lead? would if i think my neighbor's oak tree is oppressing me with its shade? we have laws in place already that cover the gamut of things and it is illegal for them to make decisions based on race. it still happens and if u can prove it then its illegal and u have recourse. there are a plethora of groups out their dedicated to defending such injustices. when u want to go about labeling a certain group of people and placing restrictions against them due to past injustices that only leads to the same injustices happening again and we get nowhere
edit on 15-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

All right, thanks for the thoughtful response. What are some programs you think benefit blacks over whites that you would like to see abolished?

What are some things that you think make white males suppressed?

From this thread, I read racists and sexists are targeted (if they are truly racist or sexist they would not treat blacks, Hispanics, or women as equals and I believe that is a problem) and I read that white women like black men.

Okay, well I think there is a reason white women prefer black men, and I think that only a small proportion of white women actually date black men.

You wanted to know examples of black people being oppressed? One easy example is the racist police officer. There have been numerous cases where racism played a role in a police officers actions. Racist police officers are a problem. If you are not a racist police officer, you wouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Is there an example from your (or anyone’s) own life where they were oppressed by blacks? Or by white proponents of black society, aside from instances involving a simple political argument?
edit on 16amTue, 16 Jan 2018 02:39:13 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Revolution9

The white males are the ones throughout history who have BEEN the oppressors, that's how come they aren't usually oppressed. That also happens to be the reason that they SEEM to be under attack, it is simply because many regular folks want all races and genders to have an equal chance.

Note that it is not white men who are under attack for the most part, but it is the aspect of white men suppressing others that is under attack. Some white men perceive this as a threat as they are used to getting gains by suppressing others, such as women today, homosexuals today, and other races both now and in the past (but much more in the past). If they are religious, they wish to suppress others who have different viewpoints than theirs instead of just focusing on their own views and how they apply to their own lives.

The goal is for the white man to be equal, and not a suppressor. That is basically it. For someone who is used to oppressing or suppressing others for personal gains, such as historically, white slave owners, or today, possibly a white man (and presumably other men as well) enjoying massive income inequality over women in the workforce, it does seem threatening to lose that ability to abuse power.

Really? White males have been the oppressors? In China, the Mayan Empire?? Ancient Egypt? The Ottoman Empire? So native American tribes DIDNT routinely enslave captives from other tribes captured in battle, that was really white males? India doesn't have a caste system? Slavery isn't STILL being practiced in some parts of Africa and Saudi Arabia? That's white guys?? Please. There have been oppressors of every race and skin color. Yes there were white males who were oppressors certainly, but they weren't the only oppressors on the planet, and certainly not among the worst. Please read your history a little more before making a statement like that. By the way, the white males in the US eventually ended slavery, and we did eventually pass civil rights acts in the US. Thousand of those white oppressors died fighting the confederacy in the civil war. Please go get a history book, no, get two or three and read world history. Oppression is not something white males have EVER had a monopoly on.
edit on 16-1-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

thats a good way to think and i believe the majority of people think like you. unfortunately its the bad apples ruining it for the bunch (from all walks of life) that get all the attention nowadays.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I think this is the third or fourth time I've gone over this in this thread, I was talking about the history of America. I even went over how I would support Jewish people who were being oppressed by the Egyptians. Twice, in fact, I a fairly certain.
edit on 16amTue, 16 Jan 2018 06:31:20 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm pals with a guy who works as an engineer for Google in CA, and the company's culture is decidedly anti-white-heterosexual-male. Everything else is heartily encouraged--even "furrys" are permitted to wear their costumes of choice in the office.

We're living in strange times. Hunter S. Thompson said it best: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Shhh or you will be destroyed by the -random letters- society

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

All right, thanks for the thoughtful response. What are some programs you think benefit blacks over whites that you would like to see abolished?

What are some things that you think make white males suppressed?

From this thread, I read racists and sexists are targeted (if they are truly racist or sexist they would not treat blacks, Hispanics, or women as equals and I believe that is a problem) and I read that white women like black men.

Okay, well I think there is a reason white women prefer black men, and I think that only a small proportion of white women actually date black men.

You wanted to know examples of black people being oppressed? One easy example is the racist police officer. There have been numerous cases where racism played a role in a police officers actions. Racist police officers are a problem. If you are not a racist police officer, you wouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Is there an example from your (or anyone’s) own life where they were oppressed by blacks? Or by white proponents of black society, aside from instances involving a simple political argument?

i spent my summers growing up in oakland as a whiter looking kid. im a mix of just about everything even have some african in me. do u know how many times i got jumped simply for walking down the street and being white? over a dozen times. its very clear as to why i was jumped 2. if i had just 30 seconds of it recorded youd know it was 100% racially motivated.
heres an example of racially motivated legislation that specifically points out race and gives benefits due to being of a supposed minority (ill get into that in a second). have u heard of affirmative action? if not study it. it was designed to try and reverse workplace discrimination by discriminating based on race. companies were forced to hire a minority or be fined $500 a day while out of compliance. i knew many people who lost their jobs due to the business having to make a position for this person.

did u know that in many counties and states the supposed minorities are actually the majority when it comes to population? being a minority opens u up to other benefits and being falsely labeled gives benefits to people solely based on skin color.

the takeaway from everything, life isnt fair. it will kick u to the curb and stomp u into oblivion. the vast majority of people get kicked in the teeth by life regularly, it has nothing to do with skin color, its just life and we all experience it. btw your post that makes the assumption that people who arent black brown, yellow, whatever dont understand racism or arent subject to it is a racist statement in itself of which i am the victim. so right there is an example in and of itself.
edit on 18-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

For someone who is used to oppressing or suppressing others for personal gains, such as historically, white slave owners, or today, possibly a white man (and presumably other men as well) enjoying massive income inequality over women in the workforce, it does seem threatening to lose that ability to abuse power.

aaaaand.... You are just as clueless as the rest.

No let me tell you what feels threatening... Being threatened. Im not gonna post all the links to calls for white genocide etc cause you know exactly what is happening. and obviously you are ok with it. That kind of makes you a... Racist. See, I am against All forms of racism and threats. You? Only if its against a non white. When whites are threatened, you just say they have had it too good for too long, so, its really no big deal and they should stop complaining.

What a sickening person (to me personally) you are...

Whites have historically been the oppressors? in the historybooks written by whites, about things which have effected whites? And we are talking about a what? 500year portion or less, out of how many thousands of years of human history spanning the entire globe? No oppressing existed until the white man came along? If it wasnt recorded in a book that we can read today, it never happened...not our fault the whites made use of the printing press and o so graciously recorded all their crimes for us to pour over and critique...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm curious, is really so scary that everyone is EQUAL.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join