It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad language used by/against members!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Kurokage

ahhh this whole thread is a snipping snip written by a useless snip about a snipping topic that quite honestly I couldn't give two flying snips about. I am fed up with these stupid, pointless snips plaguing this site with all of their usual sniping snip sniped snapped bull snap.

SNIPPERS!!!!

Very funny, that's a very mature post, bet ya feel really good now!!

Snip yeah!!!

You should have replaced snip with smurf you smurfing smurf let that be a smurfing lesson.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: KansasGirl

I do the same but i would never use them against an ATS member. In fact i never did. I just hate censorship in general. People who swear are just more real to me as the ones who avoid swearing at all costs. It's silly but nah f#ck it.

See it's this kind of response that I'm talking about, why is it big and clever to sound so foul mouthed!?!?!

Because i'm an adult and as long nobody insults me in that way i'm cool with it. My insults are far more subtle.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ahhh this whole thread is a snipping snip written by a useless snip about a snipping topic that quite honestly I couldn't give two flying snips about. I am fed up with these stupid, pointless snips plaguing this site with all of their usual sniping snip sniped snapped bull snap.

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

You should have replaced snip with smurf you smurfing smurf let that be a smurfing lesson.

you smurfing smurf.

you could this with loads of words so you are actually a , bipping bip. beeping beep. buzzing buzz, a fizzing fiz and my favourite a zizzing zizzy.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Thanks guys

I was unsure what kind of response I'd get and really appreciate the nice comments!!
I know the "report" button is there but felt like I'd pressing it several times a day when we certain news stories appeared and I felt like I need to get it "of my chest" so to speak.

Ummm...NEVER...use that alert button...

I got a temp post ban because the first and only times I've ever used it...(twice in one thread)...never again after that...

Besides...I'm of the opinion that we're all adults here...if someone says something snarky to me...then I unload on them with kinder...gentler recriminations that usually keep me off the Mods radar screen...

Usually...

My sarcastic humor does get me in trouble occasionally...Okay...frequently...but it's all good...

YouSir

I agree with you, I just felt like I needed to say it out loud!! in certain company I can swear like a trooper, i just wouldn't talk to a complete stranger like that.
To be fair in the real world if someone spoke to me like some posters talk to each other, I'd be making sure they apologies real quick.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

you could this with loads of words so you are actually a , bipping bip. beeping beep. buzzing buzz, a fizzing fiz and my favourite a zizzing zizzy.

Zizzing zizzy sounds kinda cool.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

I've never encountered such liberal use of the word snip.

Oh well, snip it.

link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

Zizzing zizzy sounds kinda cool.

Its not, its like really really bad.

if I called you a bopping bop.... now thats a compliment.

link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

But you're replacing the whole word and not just a letter, that could be read any way you like. I see it as compliments that you don't want anyone else to see and I'm sorry but i don't feel the same way about you!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

But you're replacing the whole word and not just a letter, that could be read any way you like. I see it as compliments that you don't want anyone else to see and I'm sorry but i don't feel the same way about you!!!

You need to stop taking my Sn!ping Sn!p so seriously dude.

Calm the Be£ping hell down and just use that Z!zzing alert button.
edit on 8-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

That reminds me of the new Battlestar Galactica show that aired a few years ago. They couldn't swear on the show and just replaced every f#ck with frak. It was unintentionally hilarious.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

They cut off the corners of paper too.

Of course in the original series papers never had their corners cut.

Only their playing cards did.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Interesting i didn't know that. You learn something new every day.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First of all I cuss, like Melanie Griffin. Not at you, just in my words to you. I'm usually overly sensitive about not wanting to hurt others feelings online.

Now my opinion : People that complain about how something is said don't have any other way to object. The last time I saw this issue come up, we were told the profanity rule was to allow this site to get past work firewalls. Therefore the qbert method of speaking follows the intent of not the perceived letter of the T&C.

#?!& off with your censorship.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In an attempt to try not to swear on the boards...I just pretend you are all 12 year olds.
Its pretty easy to do.

I swear like crazy in real life,doing it in front of a bunch of 12 year olds,just makes me feel uncouth and cheap and I feel like I should be better than that.

edit on 8-1-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

SNIPPERS!!!!

Snip yeah!!!

you smurfing smurf.

You need to stop taking my Sn!ping Sn!p so seriously dude.

Calm the Be£ping hell down and just use that Z!zzing alert button.

See, that's just my point right there, comments can be read in very different ways and taken differently than meant and I responded with a "sense" of humour but you took it differently!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The use of bad language and that some members seem to think it's ok to call someone something but by removing the odd vowel that its fine and dandy to do so.

Alert in member avatar (little green man), avert eyes, move on.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
In an attempt to try not to swear on the boards...I just pretend you are all 12 year olds.
Its pretty easy to do.

I swear like crazy in real life,doing it in front of a bunch of 12 year olds,just makes me feel uncouth and cheap and I feel like I should be better than that.

Ummm...

Best damned post of the fracking day...right there mister...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
God damnd nanny state comes to ATS GTFO

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

But this isn't a nanny state, its a privately owned website with rules. If I was so inclined, I could ask if that was you in your pic and decide to troll you on your image every time you came on and posted, but I'd get banned and deservedly so, and how would you know what ATS is coming to, you haven't been a member for that long but does that mean your opinion means nothing? See, without boundary's it's a mess. A lot of new members don't seem to have read the T&Cs or know what they are and think they can post anything like facebook but even that has rules!?!?
edit on 8-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

I do the same but i would never use them against an ATS member. In fact i never did. I just hate censorship in general. People who swear are just more real to me as the ones who avoid swearing at all costs. It's silly but nah f#ck it.

I have also never used the swear words against an ATS member, nor would I. I've also steered pretty clear of insulting or belittling comments, even though they are thrown at me time after time in some threads simply because I disagree with a member. Some members here think that disagree=insult, disagree="trashing." Ugh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join