It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Made Elizabeth Taylor Have A Paranoid Freak Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So...my old 1.5 readers were getting scratched up and worn out.
I bought myself a new pair of 1.75's at the local pharmacy.
I thought 28 bucks was a little pricey...but I like to read.
Turns out these things have some Batmanesque LED's mounted on the rims.
I did not realize this when I bought them.
I just noticed that they seemed a little heavier than the last pair.
Turns out I can click a little switch and I have a flashlight mounted to my face.
So...I went to a local pub...first time...strange man in a strange land.
I hear a woman speaking into her phone in a hushed tone.
She is telling someone she sees a guy with long dreadlocks and she thinks she recognizes him.
She is talking about me, I presume.
I walk over, after she hangs up her call.
"Sorry ma'am, but I overheard you telling someone you thought you recognized me."
She says "Why you got them lights on? Is it so I can't see your face?"
I'm like "Sorry, I did not realize they were on"
I introduce myself in the friendliest of manners.
Ask her name. It is Elizabeth Taylor.
I tell her my name...we make a little small talk.
Enough to roll the edge off her paranoia.
These are just reading glasses.
They have lights so I can read in the dark.
She seemed to have calmed a bit.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Haha you went into the pub with your LEDs on!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Ain't life grand!
'Musterious Hairyman With Glowing Eyes Invades Texas Town"!

edit on 4-1-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Are you a Dalek?

If you walked up to me in a pub flashing your new fangled specs I would say I was the Terminator and chin you! J😜

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Was this recently?
You do know she died many years ago. 2011

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Needed more spaghetti but 9 out of 10 for congruent symmetry !

It started as it ended and in between there was all of that, which I find particularly intriguing.

I like how you changed your name and appearance for the story, to protect the innocent... right, Larry?

edit on 4-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Was this recently?

She really really reallllyyyy needed to make that call, I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Was this recently?

It's obvious he meant post death 😛

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Did it turn out that she did in fact recognize you?
I mean had you all met before?

I had a 'freaky' incident over the weekend...on Saturday my girls and I went to the local WalMart and as we were walking out we heard heavy footsteps right behind us, close as if someone was in a hurry and trying to get around.
We sort of slowed to allow them to pass on the way out the doors. The person behind us slowed as well, sort of invading our space, now up real close. I turn around and it's a guy, I don't recognize and he didn't make eye contact. He just sort of stood there waiting, like us, to cross.
My youngest digging in her pockets finds some quarters and turns back around to go into the lobby and play one of those games with the claw. He turns around and walks back in also. We don't see him anywhere now.
Fast forward to Sunday. I'm in the store across the street from my house. I can almost sense eyes on me as I'm in the checkout lane. I turn to look over my left shoulder and there he is, in the potato chip aisle!
I'm almost certain it's him but, he looks away really quickly. I move forward in line and look back in his direction and again, he looks away. Nothing came of it, I didn't approach (although in hindsight perhaps I should have and made some sort of 'joke' about didn't I see you yesterday?) and it was innocent and coincidental enough that it just was odd and a little unnerving the way he heavy stepped following us out of WalMart the day before.
It kind of freaked me out, small town and I don't know everybody.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Was it Elizabeth Taylor the movie actress ??? Because she's been dead for awhe now .

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Please be aware human trafficking is growing and there is even a video of a guy trying to snatch a little girl at target with her mom right there. The mom had to fight this guy off. If your senses are going off trust them!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

That was the strangest thing to see.

Good lord, gonna need a brillo pad to scour my brain now, Nooooo!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You are using her name to attract attention and encourage members to click on your thread?

How old are you? 23?
edit on 4 1 2018 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Was this recently?
This was last night. She was not the Hollywood version. Just had the same name.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My wife and I scared Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) a while back (about a yr before she passed). She was at a Convention, and we were in our leather dragon armor....turns out she's a bit paranoid. We got a pic with her (and her dog Gary, of course), so it was as we were approaching for the photo op. Only actress I've ever met that had a security detail of 6 armed dudes. I mean, jeez....

Even Kate Beckinsale only had an off-duty cop there (different Con), and this was while she was being stalked! (they even arrested the stalker the next day!) God, she is so gorgeous in person....you just...wow.... Even my wife was like..."damn, I get it now...she was hot as hell..." LOL.... She looks amazing in our pic...just flawless.

One of these days, gotta make a list of all we've gotten pics and autographs with. It's gotta be over 200 celebs by now. It's really become kind of an obsessive hobby, but so fun to meet all these folks we've seen in movies and on TV. From today's shows, to shows that were on when we were kids, we've met so many great people. I mean, we've gotten to sit around joking with Wharf and Jordi from STNG, have conversations about horses with Wilma Deering (Buck Rogers), had drinks with Sir Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and so much more. Just a lot of fun. I'd love for more people to experience the fun of these conventions. And if you do, try to hit the autograph tables in off times, that's when we've had the best interactions, or in off hours (one of the reasons we stay at the same hotels as the celebs, despite the price).

edit on 4-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Your threads are always a bit out there , which makes them entertaining to read.

Elizabeth Taylor( fake one ) scared of your lit up glasses 😆... too funny.

I had a pair of those... they work great when you need that light to read 👍🏼

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

There’s an even longer clip of this with more bizzaro stuff- you should look it up. It’ll take more than one Brillo to clean up the aftermath!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Please be aware human trafficking is growing and there is even a video of a guy trying to snatch a little girl at target with her mom right there. The mom had to fight this guy off. If your senses are going off trust them!!!

Yes, the second thing I thought of when he turned to go back inside the store and I followed.
The first thing I wondered was that he may be after the TV in the cart.
We live close to an interstate and she does look quite young for her age.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's amazing how many of these monsters try this stuff in broad daylight even. Just crazy these days.

top topics

join