It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas rules out US peace plan after Jerusalem decision

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: UKTruth

So is there a time limit or not? It's incredibly difficult to get a straight answer out of those who want to jump on some blame Trump bandwagon.

You deflect with every utterance.

If the question is about US policy, you call it Anti-Trump. If the question is about Israel, thats anti-semetic

Try to be more obvious.

Ironic.

It would be Ironic if Palestinians invaded in 1948 , but they didn't.

You are ironing that out.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So is there a time limit or not? It's incredibly difficult to get a straight answer out of those who want to jump on some blame Trump bandwagon.

You deflect with every utterance.

If the question is about US policy, you call it Anti-Trump. If the question is about Israel, thats anti-semetic

Try to be more obvious.

Ironic.

It would be Ironic if Palestinians invaded in 1948 , but they didn't.

You are ironing that out.

It was the Palestinians who rejected the divisions laid out in the UN Resolution and it was the Paelstinians who declared war on Israel in 1948.

Besides, how does going back to 1948 help the current peace process? If you are headed back to claims on land being the basis for discussion then I will ask my question again.

How far do we go back to redraw the map to undo the impact on any conquered nation-state or land grab? Just to 1948?
edit on 24/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: Bluntone22

If they had peace and couldn't constantly play the oppression card people might start asking questions they REALLY don't want asked...

You know like.. how many of you had family in this area in 1850...

That one and a few others could get dicey really quickly!

That and as long as they're not a recognized nation state a bunch of what they pretty much do for fun / "because their god demands it" become acts of war

Speaking of acts of war... Israeli border expansions happened as a result of others actively making war on them, and losing...

Which according to even the UN rulebook means they had every right to annex said territories and even repatriate those there outside their borders...

Remember, it's only illegal if Israel did it!

actually there were jews living there before 1840. almost all of them came from surrounding MED countries. not all from europe as you suggesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

With all this finger pointing, 'debate' and talking points, nothing is changing the fact that Israel is winning, will continue to win and with U.S. support, isn't going anywhere or backing down.

If sanctions haven't worked with a cash strapped NK or on Iran, what's the likelihood that sanctions would work on Israel? Especially with U.S. support?

Slim to none.....no, scratch slim....None.

Have a very merry Christmas, one and all.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

gramblers my old dog its what it symbolises that counts. Why do you think previous administration have not done what trump has done.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
OK. I'll play. In the case of Israel one CAN reuse ther products. In the case of China their goods are EVERYWHERE. Trying to boycott them would be akin to trying to survive without air. Double standard? No. They just have damn near a monopoly on world production.Even home made products can have Chinese components in them. Nice try though.

So as long as a nation is dominate in areas, it can do as it wants and the rest of the world has to suck it up?

Can't survive without them, screw human rights and all that drivel.

Good to know.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It was Israel that left British officers hanging from the trees by their necks.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It was the Palestinians who rejected the divisions laid out in the UN Resolution and it was the Paelstinians who declared war on Israel in 1948.

Yah, they rejected being invaded. All of them.

The whole world voted US and Israel down resoundly in the recent votes in the UN.

One member here stated the Murican response perfectly. 'Eff them the tools that they are'.

ETA:

Besides, how does going back to 1948 help the current peace process?

Meh, you go back thousands of years to justify Israel belongs to the Jews.

There is no peace process. I been watching that on the news my whole life. Talks at camp David, hand shaking ceremonies, year after year.
its meaningless, back in Israel the bulldozers topple homes, Jewish settlements replace Arab Land, this occupation is every day, more and more.

They and you aren't fooling anyone as the recent votes in the UN about "moving an embassy" show.

edit on 24-12-2017 by intrptr because: eta:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yah, they rejected being invaded. All of them.

The whole world voted US and Israel down resoundly in the recent votes in the UN.

One member here stated the Murican response perfectly. 'Eff them the tools that they are'.

ETA:

Besides, how does going back to 1948 help the current peace process?

Meh, you go back thousands of years to justify Israel belongs to the Jews.

There is no peace process. I been watching that on the news my whole life. Talks at camp David, hand shaking ceremonies, year after year.
its meaningless, back in Israel the bulldozers topple homes, Jewish settlements replace Arab Land, this occupation is every day, more and more.

They and you aren't fooling anyone as the recent votes in the UN about "moving an embassy" show.

Oh, we don't have to go back so far...
I am sure Mexico objected to losing their land after losing the war with the US.
Back to the question...
How far back do you want to go to redraw the map? ..and what is the time limit you propose before it's no longer an issue?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I am sure Mexico objected to losing their land after losing the war with the US.

I'm all over that when it comes up too. New Mexico... is but one land grab under US Policy of "Manifest Destiny". Same with Native American civilization here before Us, we wiped them out too. Calling it war is misinformation.

Thats not 'alright' either.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm all over that when it comes up too. New Mexico... is but one land grab under US Policy of "Manifest Destiny". Same with Native American civilization here before Us, we wiped them out too. Calling it war is misinformation.

Yes and Attila the hun conquered millions.

As did the moors.

And let's not forget Genghis Khan.

In fact, many of the native American tribes that were conquered by the U.S. themselves had conquered and wiped out other tribes such as the Algonquin.

And I am sure the Algonquin conquered tribes we don't even know of.

So how far back so we go I casting blame and giving land back?

That's cool, we know your answer.

Whatever the point that hurts Israel and Europeans the most.

I wonder why you only focus on them?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Lol.. it wasn't War? So the Treaty of Guadalupe was just a fireside chat or a game of cards or something that resulted in Mexico losing half a million square miles of land??? Nothing to do with the Mexico-American war??

No war with the native Indians? What, was that a friendly redistribution over a smoke? Jeez.

So you think these lands should be given back, right?
Americans to move onto reservations and native Indians reclaim their land?

OK - so what else? How far back are we going? What about Australia.. perhaps all become refugees so the land can be given back to the Aborigines?

We've got a lot of redrawing to do.

Of course, none of that is even remotely feasible as we are living in the here and now and, like I said, harping back to who owned the land in the past is never going to lead to any meaningful dialogue to advance a peace process.

The Palestinians have been as culpable as the Israelis in the years of conflict and wars. It's just the Palestinians have been the losers. They fought - they lost. They stand to lose a lot more if they continue on their current path and at this juncture, that seems the best solution.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Victors call it war afterwards, hiding behind Genocide and crimes against humanity.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes and Attila the hun conquered millions.

As did the moors.

So finally you admit it but say its okay, everyone does it...

edit on 24-12-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

[quote[]]Yes and Attila the hun conquered millions.

As did the moors.

So finally you admit it but say its okay, everyone does it...

I have criticized U.S. wars of aggression for years.

I wanted Ron Paul elected.

I think what the U.S. did in afghanistan, iraq, libya, yemen, somalia, syria and other places is disgusting and have said as much.

You in the other hand refuse to acknowledge anything that anyone else does as wrong.

It's always the U.S. is evil, Europe is evil, the Israelis are evil.

Even mentioning bad acts from other groups leads to you calling people bigots.

You do thing like chuckle about white farmers in South Africa being killedbamd driven off of their land, because European imperialism means these whites have it coming.

I in the other hand can call out bad behaviour in all sides, and yet you pretend this isn't the case.

On this thread, notice I never said palenstianians don't have a reason to be angry.

Both sides have done horrible stuff.

I only questioned given the litany of bad stuff that Israel and the U.S. have done, why is moving a building the catalysts

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Or your kidding as usual.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Or your kidding as usual.

My posting history backs this up.

Merry christmas, I sincerely hope you have a great holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So does this mean Abbas will also turn down U.S.annual aid payments as well??

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Victors call it war afterwards, hiding behind Genocide and crimes against humanity.

Is that right - so the Mexico-American war was not a war?
The Palestinians did their fighting in 1948 - trying to take Tel Aviv with their Arab allies for example. It was war. They bombed and burned as they went.
You think the Palestinians have not committed crimes against humanity? How about murdering innocent civilians?
Get a grip.
The current situation is a result of Israel getting the upper hand in the conflict over the years. Trying to blame one side for everything that has led up to today is complete folly and will never lead to any lasting peace. I think you know that already but are partisan on the issue.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Umm isn’t that the justification for isreal existing in the first place?!!!

That SUPPOSEDLY their relatives were evicted a thousand years ago??

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join