It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas rules out US peace plan after Jerusalem decision

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: UKTruth

Well yah, thats why they formed the UN after WWII in the wake of the NAzis, to prevent Empires from taking over the world, ever again.

Yah, that international law, the same one in the forgotten bill of rights that says the Law can't break into your house, arrest you and steal your stuff, too.

Of course all that stems from some notion of unwritten moral code that says I can't move into your house, lock you in the bathroom , abuse your wife and kids.

According to you though, 'might makes right', its all good...

You didn't answer my question - rather you withdrew to some moral high ground that solves nothing at all.
My question is a simple one - what are you going to do about a country that rejects others' views of international law when they have the might to say 'stuff you'?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Can't wait to hear this one: where are they "wiping out" ie; the act or an instance of wiping out : complete or utter destruction of Muslims in the Middle East?

Don't hold your breath mate. As you know, 99% of the killing in the middle east is Muslim on Muslim violence. But of course, in the mosques, they are telling each other how "Israel is wiping out Muslims in countries all over the middle East".

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Why don't you forget 'holy dirt' and 'chosenites' then?

I already stated Israel was formed to establish a military base on the eastern seaboard of the Mediterranean to meddle in Middle Eastern Affairs.

Here we are , dingus.

If so, how does that help the peace negotiations?
You sound like you are hung up on 'holy dirt' and 'chosenites' - just with an alterior motive.

Defend the Holy Land at all costs is the agenda, a 'special' place with 'special' people.

I'm not hung up on that, its used as the deepest form of propaganda alive today, the religious one. Thats not the 'alterior' motive. You 'sound like' you are feigning ignorance for ulterior motives.

Of course the military motive is always ulterior isn't it? Buried right along side all the millions of dead.

Did you know the largest cemetary in the world is in Iraq?

Yah, that ignorance.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question - rather you withdrew to some moral high ground that solves nothing at all.

The 'high ground' is the Jews, always has been. From the Crusades to the Holocaust to now, if you can't get past pretending 'thats not the truth' "UK truth" , theres no point to this conversation. Double standard, train full steam ahead. The Palestine final solution is finally on the horizon.

The only Peace Process Israel offers is the peace of the grave, covered over with the special dirt of lies and manipulation, while the rest of the world sits by and goes huh, what?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Why don't you forget 'holy dirt' and 'chosenites' then?

I already stated Israel was formed to establish a military base on the eastern seaboard of the Mediterranean to meddle in Middle Eastern Affairs.

Here we are , dingus.

If so, how does that help the peace negotiations?
You sound like you are hung up on 'holy dirt' and 'chosenites' - just with an alterior motive.

Defend the Holy Land at all costs is the agenda, a 'special' place with 'special' people.

I'm not hung up on that, its used as the deepest form of propaganda alive today, the religious one. Thats not the 'alterior' motive. You 'sound like' you are feigning ignorance for ulterior motives.

Of course the military motive is always ulterior isn't it? Buried right along side all the millions of dead.

Did you know the largest cemetary in the world is in Iraq?

Yah, that ignorance.

That's just more deflection from your moral high ground.
Again - does nothing to help any peace process - in fact makes it harder.

Even under international law, Israel could argue that taking all of Palestine through war is legal.

Under International law:

1 - the war must be declared openly by a proper sovereign authority - check
2 - the war must have a just cause (e.g., defence of the common good or a response to grave injustice) - check... the defence against terrorist acts killing their people
3 - the warring state must have just intentions (i.e., it must wage the war for justice rather than for self-interest) - check - the defence of their people
4 - the aim of the war must be the establishment of a just peace - check - Israeli law becomes the law of the land and Palestine cease to exist. People live in peace and are subject to justice should they break that peace
5 - there must be a reasonable chance of success - check
6 - force must be used as a last resort - check... who could argue after all this time of zero progress
7 - the expected benefits of war must outweigh its anticipated costs - check - the war would be so short that in the long run less will die.

If Abbas doesn;t want peace then the logical step is to end Palestine. Right now that would appear to be the best route forward.

edit on 24/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That's just more deflection from your moral high ground.

No, thats your high moral ground.

No itsnitt, yes it is,

Is not, is so,

not, so,

Umm... I'm telling!

Meh, Leaving the sand box now.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
when the palestinians are pushed into a single block box in gaza can we just build a fence like at the zoo?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

WHAT?!!!

BWAHAHAHA...

That is the most intangible “think outside the box” , “your here, but your not really here..” bs I have ever heard...

That literally sounds like a grade school insult, I doubt you even Believe it..

That is what’s know in the south as something that “sounds good, but means nothing.. “

Except it doesn’t even really sound good because it sounds like a Jr high insult....not a real life foreign policy..

The truth is it hurts us without helping us.. I assume your from the UK so you don’t actually care what America gains, but I’m an American. So I do care...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yea and we won the world “knowing we will no longer be wimps!!”

BWAHAHAHA

The hundreds of thousands of drone strike deaths didn’t do it, but trump moving the embassy did...

Yea...

Man sarcasm needs a font...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You should read the reply to me lol...

“America won the fact the rest of the school yard knows we aren’t wimps anymore!” Grrrrrr

Lol

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If Abbas doesn;t want peace then the logical step is to end Palestine. Right now that would appear to be the best route forward.

I do agree with you on most things you said here but to end Palestine will mean to annex the west bank and Gaza, making all the residents of the area - Israeli citizens. This will create an Arab majority which then will seize power. You can imagine what will be the fate of the Jewish and Christian population if this to happen.
In this sense, Israel has a lot to gain from the two state solution: end of Palestinian terror, normalization of relations with the Arab world, saving huge amounts of money on defense budget and remaining Jewish state.
Palestinians have a lot to loose as they will very quickly become a third world country (same as all other Arab countries in the area).
This is, in my opinion, one of the main reasons that the Palestinian leadership rejects peace proposals. It's easier to lead a "resistance" than to run a country. You can blame anything on your enemy. To be a leader of a country means you have to take responsibility for the problems you are experiencing.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Beautiful way to sweep the Palestinians claims under the carpet. We're only talking about 70 years ago.

Oh? Is there a time limit now?

Hey, you were the one that said they're there now. Too bad, so sad. You want to shoot for some consistency in your argument?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well yah, thats why they formed the UN after WWII in the wake of the NAzis, to prevent Empires from taking over the world, ever again.

Yah, that international law, the same one in the forgotten bill of rights that says the Law can't break into your house, arrest you and steal your stuff, too.

Of course all that stems from some notion of unwritten moral code that says I can't move into your house, lock you in the bathroom , abuse your wife and kids.

My question is a simple one - what are you going to do about a country that rejects others' views of international law when they have the might to say 'stuff you'?

Cut off all aid. Refuse their products into your country. "Stuff you" right back at em.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's a good point. Beyond showing other allies that we will, in fact, back them up, there's no much to be gained from it that I can see.

Of course, 'gain' isn't the only motivation out there. I have no vested interest in Israel yet I support them. Likewise those on ATS that support the Palestinians.

As far as squashed in a second without us? The are self-sufficient. They have ICBMs , now F-35s and far and away the best Military in the region. Nope, with us or not, they aren't getting squashed at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cut off all aid. Refuse their products into your country. "Stuff you" right back at em.

Except the U.S. has anted up a little more and that U.N.is now bucking a President that isn't that fond of your U.N..

I would speculate that as an 'anti-American' Canadian, who knows full well the relationship between the U.S. and Canada will never change significantly, the U.N. and 'International Law' is your hope for an edge in that relationship.

Unfortunately that same body is loaded with hypocrisy, your 'double standards' and outright corruption. The majority in N.A., I would guess, do not give them any more credence or jurisdiction over any matter of a serious nature.

Find a more valid argument than the U.N..

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I said nothing about the UN. And where did you get it that I was anti-American? Alternative facts?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Blah Blah, tis a violation of International law to invade and occupy countries.

Things like Sovereignty, Autonomy and Self Determination become meaningless, except when applying double standards.

Blah, blah , blah. The land that was occupied by Syria, the land occupied by Jordan except when applying double standard.

Actually, I agree. LOL. There will be a 'winner' and a 'loser' . I use the same 'talking point' avenue as the anti-Israeli crowd does. None of which for either side will effect the outcome. Israel has never been in a stronger position nor the Palestinian supporters in a weaker one.

The next step by Trump is been clearly stated and that is reducing/removing foreign aide to those nations that take an adversarial position against the U.S.. As that 'aide' was intended to garner support for U.S. positions and no longer works then there's no point in continuing that questionable policy any longer.
Except when Erasing History, you mean. Don't you know its all bulls*** to mold your mind into worshipping the "Holy Dirt and Chosenites"?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I said nothing about the UN. And where did you get it that I was anti-American? Alternative facts?

International Court. Born of the U.N..

Anti-American? Years of reading your posts. I call it as I see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So one that thinks your gov't sucks and is screwing with the world is anti-American. Dude, that's over half of your population. That for us or you're against us mentality is whats wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So one that thinks your gov't sucks and is screwing with the world is anti-American. Dude, that's over half of your population. That for us or you're against us mentality is whats wrong.

You make my point....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join