It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Debt Doesn't Exist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Tell that to the countries that we barrow money from........

The bulk of our debt is owed to ourselves, not foreign countries.

edit on 24-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neutronflux
Tell that to the countries that we barrow money from........

The bulk of our dent is owed to ourselves, not foreign countries.
please, correct me if i am wrong. The government/s borrow. The fed prints a bond. We pay interest on the bond.
But when the bond matures, the fed keeps the bond. The government keeps the debt.
C.A.F.R. never gets adjusted by any of this activity. Double books

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
please, correct me if i am wrong.

I'm tired of correcting you since you don't listen anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: bulwarkz

That's not what fungible means. You have just proved Augustus point.
i will stand behind the likes of Jim Willie and you stand behind augustus, mmmmk?

Even if i get the definition of the word wrong, did you understand what i am appealing to? Nope! Real vs. Fiat. Fiat is not real money. It is not real money. As a piece of paper it has no value. You are the real value behind true money. True money empowers individuals. Fiat money enslaves the individual. In every prison camp there are those that sell out their own for special favors of course. They get nice things. They are smart like that

If you are not getting even the basic terminology correct how are we meant to give credence to you opinion.

Fiat is money. Just repeatedly saying it's not real money doesn't actually change that.

Bizarre accusations of people selling out also doesn't change anything.
no, i still state your use of these words are wrong. I simply appealed to common decency for the sake of debating a point. I don't play word games. That is sorcery. You spend too much time trying to misrepresent me and what I say. That was the jist of my appeal. Jim Willie claims emphatically your definitions are misrepresentations of the real definitions. So, if you intend to cast spells. Get your spell'ing correct

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

please, correct me if i am wrong.

I'm tired of correcting you since you don't listen anyway.
lol, please show us where we owe it to ourselves. Quantative Easing. Show mw those trillions are owed to ourselves. That is complete bs. You could never ever support that claim!

In fact, that is the silliest statement in this thread by far. Would this be the smoking gun in credibility here?

I am going to borrow money today to buy a car tomorrow. I am going to borrow it from my bank account that is in the negative.

Ok

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

lol, please show us where we owe it to ourselves.

The U.S. debt is $20 trillion. Most headlines focus on how much the United States owes China, one of the largest foreign owners. What many people don’t know is that the Social Security Trust Fund, aka your retirement money, owns most of the national debt. How does that work, and what does it mean? I'm a source, don't read me if you want to understand things.

I am going to borrow money today to buy a car tomorrow. I am going to borrow it from my bank account that is in the negative.

You're not the United States Treasury, you're just some guy on the internet who doesn't understand how currency functions, how our debt is apportioned and is too underpaid to take money out of his account let alone print his own cash.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

lol, please show us where we owe it to ourselves.

The U.S. debt is $20 trillion. Most headlines focus on how much the United States owes China, one of the largest foreign owners. What many people don’t know is that the Social Security Trust Fund, aka your retirement money, owns most of the national debt. How does that work, and what does it mean? I'm a source, don't read me if you want to understand things.

That is an unsecured liability and it goes in the debt column. Another 50 trillion or so more in debt than what is reprted. Good catch

You're not the United States Treasury, you're just some guy on the internet who doesn't understand how currency functions, how our debt is apportioned and is too underpaid to take money out of his account let alone print his own cash.
The social security trust fund has been empty for decades.
edit on 24-12-2017 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2017 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The largest single holder of treasury debt is the federal government. That means it is both a liability and an asset to the government.

Next biggest group of holders is the US public predominantly through pension funds.

Debt is by definition both an asset and a liability.

Even if you borrow money personally that still applies. Your loan creates an asset for you (the money) and a liability ( the loan ). In net terms you have neither added or subtracted from the economy.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The social security trust fund has been empty for decades.

It still owns the debt. Just because you don't like facts doesn't render them untrue.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That's not what fungible means. You have just proved Augustus point.
i will stand behind the likes of Jim Willie and you stand behind augustus, mmmmk?

Even if i get the definition of the word wrong, did you understand what i am appealing to? Nope! Real vs. Fiat. Fiat is not real money. It is not real money. As a piece of paper it has no value. You are the real value behind true money. True money empowers individuals. Fiat money enslaves the individual. In every prison camp there are those that sell out their own for special favors of course. They get nice things. They are smart like that

If you are not getting even the basic terminology correct how are we meant to give credence to you opinion.

Fiat is money. Just repeatedly saying it's not real money doesn't actually change that.

Bizarre accusations of people selling out also doesn't change anything.
no, i still state your use of these words are wrong. I simply appealed to common decency for the sake of debating a point. I don't play word games. That is sorcery. You spend too much time trying to misrepresent me and what I say. That was the jist of my appeal. Jim Willie claims emphatically your definitions are misrepresentations of the real definitions. So, if you intend to cast spells. Get your spell'ing correct

You can Google the meaning if you want. It will show you are incorrect. Or are Google in on the conspiracy as well?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Or are Google in on the conspiracy as well?

Google, like numbers, is sorcery and spells.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

ash Eric Schmidt

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm not interested in asking him anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe we should burn at the stake people who understand compound interest?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Only if we can use hedge fund managers as kindling.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's a plan I could get behind.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Just like kindling it would be a good start.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
youtu.be...

What are we all afraid of? Change
Why? It is savage
What is savage? Care and compassion

It is all upsidedown

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Rick Sanchez, this guy gets it.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM