It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Debt Doesn't Exist

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: bulwarkz

You back to that Strawman birth certificate thing again? Totally makes sense.

I see you haven't offered to send me all your fictitious money, why is that?
money is a tool. It is not god. You act like we cannot invent a better tool. This system now is worship to you and your kind. It preys upon the working class. It has from its inception in Babylon and worship of moloch (god of riches, luxury, excess,money)

It is an old religion using money magic along with sorcery where spells are cast using language tricks, phonectics and spelling (spell casting) C.S. Lewis expounds upon this in a literary work he did "The Abolition of Man".
The key to understang is simple. Everything is backwards and upside down. We are not corporate persons. We are flesh and blood people. The debt is fiction. It is a corporate invention. The US corporation was formed in 1871. The charter began at the year after I believe. The bank charter was 1913. From what i understand the 1871 charter got a 25 year extention and maybe another after that. We are in a strange limbo with everyone (factions) jockeying for control of where this all goes from here.

It looks like they (1 of the factions) are trying to run us through bankruptcy tagging us with all the debt, treating us like we are in recievership.
edit on 26-12-2017 by bulwarkz because: the corporate charters are for 99 years

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
money is a tool. It is not god. You act like we cannot invent a better tool.

No, I act like YOU cannot invent a better tool, because you can't since you don't even understand the current one.

It is an old religion using money magic along with sorcery where spells are cast using language tricks, phonectics and spelling (spell casting)...

*twirls finger next to temple*

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Tell it to the douches calling me.

Yes I got your money.

No you can't have it.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You just need to reclaim your ALL CAPS birth certificate. You can pay them off and still have money left over for the newest games of 2018. Plus some Hot Pockets.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Respect mah sovereignty.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

When you see my sovereignty put some respeck on it pleighboi.

oh god i need to seek help

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: neutronflux

We can print more money and pay the debtors.

If you print more money, then in the currency that the country lent us the money, the USA currency looses value. The more money the USA prints, the greater the difference in the exchange rates between countries. So if the USA owes the equivalent of a trillion yen, the USA has to pay the equivalent of a trillion yen.

The USA cannot print its way out of paying foreign debt because of exchange rates, and the obligation of paying back a foreign country to the equivalent value borrowed from them.

So debt owed to lenders is very real with obligations. Thus the title of this thread “out debt doesn’t exist” is false.
edit on 26-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 26-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

www.quora.com...

Why don't we simply print 16 Billion $1000 bills and pay off our debt?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

If you print more money, then in the currency that the country lent us the money, the USA currency looses value. The more money the USA prints, the greater the difference in the exchange rates between countries. So if the USA owes the equivalent of a trillion yen, the USA has to pay the equivalent of a trillion yen.

The USA cannot print its way out of paying foreign debt because of exchange rates, and the obligation of paying back a foreign country to the equivalent value borrowed from them.

So debt owed to lenders is very real with obligations. Thus the title of this thread “out debt doesn’t exist” is false.

US treasury debt is denominated in dollars.

If the US owes Japan a trillion dollars it doesn't matter what happens to the exchange rate it still owes a trillion dollars.

The US could print its way out of overseas debt. It would be a really stupid policy for many reasons but it could do it.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

If the US owes Japan a trillion dollars it doesn't matter what happens to the exchange rate it still owes a trillion dollars.

The US could print its way out of overseas debt. It would be a really stupid policy for many reasons but it could do it.

I believe you, but you would think the lending government would want to lessen their own risk against a government willing to print away their debt. But you cannot really print away debt because of hyper inflation. Printing just causes another set of problems?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I do not deride you for your wealth or success. I was just venting in general. If I ever get back to financial success of any sort I will be sure to serve others to help them in their needs.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I believe you, but you would think the lending government would want to lessen their own risk against a government willing to print away their debt. But you cannot really print away debt because of hyper inflation. Printing just causes another set of problems?

It isn't just governments it's also overseas companies. It's also not lending as you would think of it in conventional terms.

Countries that run a trade surplus with the US will inevitably accumulate dollars. If they don't want to spend those dollars then buying US treasury debt is seen as just about the safest investment possible.

The government could just buy all the overseas debt back but this would massively increase the base money supply. This in turn could be highly inflationary.

There are steps they could take to reduce the inflationary impact such as pay higher interest on reserve accounts, increase taxes or increase the reserve requirement of banks.

However all of these themselves have further consequences.

The truth is having debt doesn't really negatively impact the US economy. There are winners and losers but the net effect isn't really detrimental and any steps to drastically reduce the debt would have far greater negative impact.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join