It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Of Kids Might Lose Health Care Because Congress Dropped The Ball

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don’t post or come here this time usually but this is a abomination and I must comment.

This is pure unmitigated EVIL! Republicans are a moral cesspool

These scoundrels praising themselves for massively cutting taxes on the rich are going to let children be bereft of health insurance.

Trump can take his tax cut and shove it

But the GOP-controlled Congress, which made time to pass a sweeping tax bill that largely benefits corporations and the rich, didn’t get around to reauthorizing CHIP ― and now millions of children are in jeopardy. Parents are scared, state officials are scrambling and Congress is about to go on vacation

LINK

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If they don’t like it they should pay for healthcare.
If they don’t have money they should get jobs.

Freeloading scum.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Looks like the Democrats are the ones who stonewalled for this situation to happen!

From your own source in which you failed to read far enough.......

There’s no actual dispute in Congress that CHIP should be reauthorized.
The House even passed a bill to do so last month. Democrats opposed the legislation in large part because it would fund the CHIP renewal by rolling back elements of the Affordable Care Act.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Nice try.
Why don't you blame Obummer for this part?

And while many of those children are in families that qualify for subsidized private insurance from the Affordable Care Act’s exchanges, those policies are costlier than CHIP and have more meager benefits, she said.

It's the same old crap from you Libs...."the Republicans are killing everyone!!!"

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Looks like the Democrats are the ones who stonewalled for this situation to happen!

From your own source in which you failed to read far enough.......

There’s no actual dispute in Congress that CHIP should be reauthorized.
The House even passed a bill to do so last month. Democrats opposed the legislation in large part because it would fund the CHIP renewal by rolling back elements of the Affordable Care Act.

Funny how the argument almost always backfires when they try to blame the GOP isn't it? I am sure this part of the story will get no coverage though....doesn't fit the SJW/Resistance narrative....at some point I am sure we will hear how Trump is like Hitler again over this....just give it a few hours and reread the thread.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The only thing Trump did regarding health insurance is eliminate the requirement and subsequent penalty for obamacare. Health insurance is still available, its just not being forced on anyone anymore. If people go without insurance it is because they chose to. Not everyone will be able to afford insurance, but not everyone was able to afford the penalty for not having it either so nothing changed there. In the end, forcing people to buy that insurance was wrong and eliminating that requirement was the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Don't hold children responsible for loser parents. Sad that this country, lead by the Republicans, seem unable or unwilling to take care of the most innocent, the children. MAGA!
edit on 21-12-2017 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
If they don’t like it they should pay for healthcare.
If they don’t have money they should get jobs.

Freeloading scum.

The children are not freeloading scum.I would be ashamed if my country denied children healthcare because of their parents economic circumstances.
I am glad I do not live in your nation.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I am not responsible for the medical care of my neighbor`s children --- they are, just as I was responsible for the medical care of my own children.

I never made a ton of money, but managed to take care of MY responsibilities . I never had a manicure, or went to a beauty salon, or bought video games... I took care of my children`s needs.

Why is personal responsibility so hard to understand for so many?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yep the gods guns and Girls people. If they can’t worship it shoot it or screw it, then defund or starve it.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Like a foolish liberal you post something that is your opinion,but lacks in fact,your speculating at best,before Obamacare there were over 4 million insured,but not after,because they worked and the facist guidelines ,forced them to go without and pay fines,pretty simple,if you decide you want to stay home and play video games,better watch your heath,and avoid your drunken drug induced brawls,be responsible take care of yourself

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yep the gods guns and Girls people. If they can’t worship it shoot it or screw it, then defund or starve it.

I know reading can be hard for some people, but give it a shot.

You might learn something.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The House even passed a bill to do so last month. Democrats opposed the legislation in large part because it would fund the CHIP renewal by rolling back elements of the Affordable Care Act. That didn’t matter in the House, where Republicans have a large majority. But in the Senate ― where a CHIP bill made it through committee in October without including any means to pay for it ― reauthorizing the program would require 60 votes, and Republicans have just 52.

The above was taken from the OP link.

So if Republicans are the godless monsters the OP is trying to claim how in the world did the House manage to pass something to reauthorize the program?

I would love to see an explanation for that.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

i grew up in a poor family. didn't have health insurance when i was a kid, i didn't die. i have not had health insurance or see a doctor in years. if you want something and cant afford it don't cry about it, get a damn job and pay for it yourself. i'm tired of hearing people crying about health insurance.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Personal responsibility isn't the issue. These kids are not responsible for their parents. If the parents are not responsible, then screw the kids? If that's what you think, just say it plainly and out loud. But remember, it's the kids health that we are talking about. Not the parents character.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Nothing changed but the mandate that forces people to pay the government if you didn't have health insurance all year. You really want the government taking money from the poor because they don't buy into the system?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

sounds like you want others to pay for those who have bad parents. honestly, i want to help them kids less than there own parents do. i know them not, they mean nothing to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So youre saying all republicans are Christian gun supports and straight? All of them?

If liberals didn't go straight to the gop is killing sick children people would take the arguments seriously. I swear democrats want the pilot the crash the plane

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But let's get to the real question.

Will Jimmy Kimmel bring out his baby as a political plot tonight and cry while blaming the democrats for this?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I did. The gods guns and girls people could forget about how to pay for and just do it. Deficits don't matter anymore.

This stunt is to scare people with sick children. Boy, you people really are evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join