It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Of Kids Might Lose Health Care Because Congress Dropped The Ball

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you ever listen to what your elected officials say? If not, then I’m not helping your lazy butt out.

Ah, of course, a Chuck Schumer lie... Maybe you shouldn't listen to what your elected officials say.

Here's the real story:

"On Medicare, the Senate Budget Committee did not quibble with Schumer’s number. However, the committee argued that this is not a "cut" because Medicare spending will still rise over the next 10 years -- by about 82 percent over 10 years, instead of 99 percent growth over 10 years under the status quo.

The committee said this slowdown is justified because CBO says that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance Trust Fund -- which covers beneficiaries’ stays at hospitals and other facilities -- will run out by 2025. Making smaller cuts all along would prolong the life of the trust fund and prevent bigger cuts later on, the committee argues.

As for Medicaid, the committee said that the budget resolution does not reallocate savings from Medicaid to achieve tax relief. Instead, it projects economic growth spurred by the separately proposed tax overhaul will average 2.6 percent annually, helping pay for tax cuts. Also, the committee argues that widespread benefits from the tax overhaul will leave more money in Americans’ pockets and reduce the need for Medicaid enrollment.
"

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
There will always be irresponsible parents having kids.If the majority of us responsible parents have to pay for innocent kids healthcare then personallyI am cool with that. If you are not that is also your right of opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: LSU0408

not all children can use medicare, only those who are disabled?? think you mean medicaid?

as far as I know, not all children can use medicaid... only those of poor parents, or those who are in the foster care system. chips offers discounted or free health insurance for children. it's income guidelines are a tad bit higher than it would be for if the family was applying for medicaid..
the only gripe I have had about chips is that it seems to have the tendency to extend help to the children while it could possibly leave the stay at home out in the cold.
while of course, dad can get his healthcare with the help of his employer...
constitutionally speaking, we should all be treated as equals under the law... so how is it that the gov't can pick one section of the population and say that their interest in that section's health is higher value than another?
I know that most of us can justify this position in a logical manner but I don't believe it can be justified constitutionally.

Yeah, medicaid. I get the two confused. I'm not poor by any means and my 18 month old is on medicaid because I'm not paying over $400 a month for health insurance with a $7500 deductible.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Why are you replying for someone else as well?
I was and am only interested in the response of the person I originally replied to but thanks anyway.

Uh, dude, that was in response to your response to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Lol sorry yes I see that now! And if no kids fail to get healthcare because they were unlucky to be born poor in the US then all is well

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Title should read " millions of children could lose healthcare because senate democrats block chip funding"
edit on 21-12-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy
So is every child covered for healthcare in the US or no? Seems such a complicated system compared to the UK where from birth to 18 everything is free at point of need. Minor charges if working from 18+ but £8 for a prescription so nothing too bad.
We have private insurance and hospitals as well butI have never bothered for myself or my offspring because the NHS has always fixed me up good with no bill checking out of a hospital.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Why are democrats expected to have big hearts and be deficit hawks?

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

oh sorry, it's easy to forget about that expanded medicaid when you live in a state that refused to expand it....

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

LOL we have the Conservative party who would fully privatise the NHS if they could get away with it. They are doing it chip by chip and stealthily step by step.
edit on Thu Dec 21 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We have panicked families just wondering what in the world they have as options. Cathy Caldwell, director of CHIP in Alabama

LINK

THERE'S A PLACE IN HELL FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO EVEN HELP CHILDREN

Want to keep them dangling

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So is every child covered for healthcare in the US or no? Seems such a complicated system compared to the UK where from birth to 18 everything is free at point of need. Minor charges if working from 18+ but £8 for a prescription so nothing too bad.
We have private insurance and hospitals as well butI have never bothered for myself or my offspring because the NHS has always fixed me up good with no bill checking out of a hospital.

That's because your civilized you don't have republicans

LOL we have the Conservative party who would fully privatise the NHS if they could get away with it. They are doing it chip by chip and stealthily step by step.

Yeah but our vampires are more thirsty, they even want to kill children

They worship along with the rich, Moloch

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry for being uninformed but can anyone please confirm that every child in the US gets a minimum standard of healthcare that a child born in the UK gets, no matter how poor they are?
Free at the point of need from health checks, prescription drugs and minor injuries or illness to major trauma and cancer etc?
I am just curious because some say yes and some say no

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

They are not born with that right, as per the trepublicans. They have to apply for what is offered through each state or the feds. The lucky ones, their parents have coverage through employment.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
Thank you for your answer.I can't imagine the worry say losing my job and my child became seriously ill or injured and I couldn't afford treatment. Nobody in Britain worries about that and I wish that for all children in the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

They can go to the ER. They are obligated to “stabilize” then kick you back home. Unless that has been taken away too, not sure any more with all the attacks on our system.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

They can go to the ER. They are obligated to “stabilize” then kick you back home. Unless that has been taken away too, not sure any more with all the attacks on our system.

That's saddens me for children in your nation.Iam also shocked by people who say "personal responsibility" or effectively do not care what happens to poor kids.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's because your civilized you don't have republicans

Yeah but our vampires are more thirsty, they even want to kill children

They worship along with the rich, Moloch

Youre an instigator and leveling some ridiculous accusations at people just because you have a fight to pick and refuse to read facts past your nose.

Can we put this in the hoax bin already? I mean killing children... lets bring back Pizza Gate while we are at it.

SMH

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I Will tell you this because you seem to care. My daughter has a pre existing condition, bad kidney . Obamacare saved her life. and my granddaughter has or had coverage through CHIPS. The only love left in my country is for gods, guns, and healthy girls. It’s a mean spirited people who smile at you when you spend your money in their businesses. After you walk out the door, they vote for people to kill all social programs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join