It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: AboveBoard

That was someone you should listen to throwing you a bone...

JMHO after spending days and days doing some reading of his work

Gotta go agree with techie on this one, bass and zaph are legends in the aircraft forum, it's the most interesting section of ATS IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bhadhidar

2004 was a big year for the MIC when it comes to black world assets. So was 2014. Convenient the location of this sighting. And unsurprising too.

Are you saying it's black then BASSPLYR and not UAP or maybe the f18a footage is of a certain envious coloured lady?

Its not the green lady.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
why now... is there an connection with the interstellair object wich is investigated now ?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
They are diverting our attention from something more important. But either way, I will observe with interest.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

i think all this is on the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have been saying this for a long time that the government's around the world were more interested in this subject than they were letting on.

Military sightings alone would perk the interests in governments. Does not mean it is ET, but there is more than enough evidence that something odd is happening here, and needs further investigation.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The governments of the World will never disclose anything. The UFO phenomenon is way too complex and confusing to them. Too many people in the UFO field believe governments have the answers to UFOs. They don't. They only have questions. They do not understand the phenomenon anymore than we do. This is the reason they don't talk about it; because it confuses them. They will never admit they don't understand it. The UFO phenomenon is real, be assured of that, but no body has the truth. We , governments included, have guesses at best.

Disclosure will never come from governments willingly. Never. The only time they will truly acknowledge it in any real manner will be when their hand is forced.

This is not disclosure. When the time comes, if it is ever in our lifetimes, there will be no need for it. The phenomenon, what ever it may be, will be the deciding factor. It will decide when it wants to be known to all.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Some more observations from that article in the NY Times

Mr. Reid, who retired from Congress this year, said he was proud of the program. “I’m not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going,” Mr. Reid said in a recent interview in Nevada. “I think it’s one of the good things I did in my congressional service. I’ve done something that no one has done before.”

But what good did it do?

Two other former senators and top members of a defense spending subcommittee — Ted Stevens, an Alaska Republican, and Daniel K. Inouye, a Hawaii Democrat — also supported the program. Mr. Stevens died in 2010, and Mr. Inouye in 2012.

There's three people can't be questioned about this then including John Glenn also mentioned in the article.

Pentagon officials this month acknowledged the existence of the program, which began as part of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Officials insisted that the effort had ended after five years, in 2012. “It was determined that there were other, higher priority issues that merited funding, and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change,”

What are the details of why this change was made? Were there no meaningful results?

Contracts obtained by The Times show a congressional appropriation of just under $22 million beginning in late 2008 through 2011. The money was used for management of the program, research and assessments of the threat posed by the objects. The funding went to Mr. Bigelow’s company, Bigelow Aerospace, which hired subcontractors and solicited research for the program.

Any American taxpayers just a little curious what your $22m of funding, handed to Bob Bigelow, produced?

It's been six years now. Can it be investigated via FOIA? Or is Bigelow protected from that because it was 'black' budget? In which case what is he sitting on and why is he sitting on it?

edit on 17/12/2017 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'm getting the feeling Bigelow is the bag man for UFO and paranormal phenomenon.

We get reusable rockets and stuff but Big's is entirely different than like say Elon Musk, he knows something imo, at least that's what I tell myself, heh.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I believe we have way more evidence about ufos. Why would they not disclose? There are a number of reasons why they would not. Government and ufos has always been built of secrecy, and I am sure that this is just one of many government agencies looking into the subject.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I enjoyed the article. However, I cannot take TDL seriously.

At all.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Oh boy... this is precisely what shouldn't happen to known unknowns from other planets.

Yes, they are correct... somewhat. Having gubbermints keeping stuff secret isn't the way to go. But to accept this concept of national secrecy to the point that privatization (for a profit, eventually) comes across like THE ONLY solution, would be a non sequitur.

But... still. This could be an open source everything movement in case it's independent and well funded to the point, that a profit margin for shareholders wont be the driving force in this endeavour. I'll hope for the best but I'm disillusioned enough not to hold my breath.

Anyway. It will be interesting to see how officials and public servants react to this "disclosure".

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This may have been discussed already, but I'm curious now more than before about Skinwalker Ranch seeing how NIDS wrapped up there just two years before this project began.

What results were found, if any, to warrant such a program.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's certainly an interesting video. Something to get our teeth into after years of bits and pieces of info slipping out. The UFO community gets alot stick from all corners of the media. Always the last piece of news that the hosts laugh and make jokes about.
This video shows that the subject IS legit and not something to be laughed at.

The whole TDL angle confues me. Something just doesn't seem right about it. Either way he is bringing the UFO phenomenom to the forefront of the news, which can only be a good thing.

As for disclosure. I think SOMETHING is going down. I'm just not sure what that is.
edit on Sun, 17 Dec 2017 08:11:27 -06000817122017000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

sounds to me like this dude on the gravy train with biscuit wheels. he has access to 22 million budget each year and each year he turns in reports no et this year maybe next year. well where did money go? to blah blah for research.why is that company main office located in caiman islands. crickets chirping in background. its classified.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well this one has some meat on it.

Excellent find and thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
This may have been discussed already, but I'm curious now more than before about Skinwalker Ranch seeing how NIDS wrapped up there just two years before this project began.

What results were found, if any, to warrant such a program.

Personally, I think Skinwalker Ranch and the UAP stuff coming out all have a connection. Like AboveBoard mentioned regarding Tom's team members, Colm Kelleher is one board as an advisor. He was involved with NIDS and the ranch, and wrote a book about it with George Knapp.

Secret Military experiments? Time travelers> Interdimensional beings? All more likely IMO than extraterrestrials

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: AboveBoard

That was someone you should listen to throwing you a bone...

JMHO after spending days and days doing some reading of his work

Reading who's work? Sorry, I didn't see if you meant Oberg, TDL or BASSPLYR...

I mean no disrespect to BASS at all, by the way, and value hearing his and others opinions and knowledge. Mr Oberg has a reputation as well, obviously, and leans heavily on the side of skepticism, but that isn't a bad thing if he remains open minded enough to not reflexively dismiss things.

Having seen the unexplainable for myself, I know it exists, though I can't say I know what it is. So my excitement isn't over whether or not "they" are "real" (UAPs) but how much do we know about the phenomenon and can this knowledge benefit maknkind.

I value others thoughts more when they don't come in the form of a personal attack.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What makes this video substantial is that it released by big media. We've all seen MUCH more mind-blowing vids...just because they're not 'official' it shouldn't negate their relevance imo. Fwiw...I also believe the end game will be yet another false flag op to keep the money coming in to the 'military industrial complex'. The Iraq war was bull# (no wmd found)...Al queda was bs (Bin Ladin was a asset/poster boy), 9/11 was bs, an inside job to gain public support for 'the war on terror'...all to feed the MIC that Eisenhower warned us about. Next money maker will be a space based load of crap. Lies, lies and more lies. Hell, even Vietnam was false flag bs...and the list goes on n on. /rant

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think this is great!

I was a early critic of Delonge ( still think a lot of what he said was off the cuff and pie in the sky stuff- Nefeliem , evil ETs etc. ) but this cautious , controlled release of info is exactly how I feel it should and will continue to happen.

The real story here and what to keep an eye on is Robert Bigelow. He initiated the AATIP program.

He has the means, finances, and connections to make things happen and the NYT articles says straight out :

“Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena”.

I’d like more info on that specific quote!

Bigelow is one of the ( likely many other) guys pulling strings behind the scenes.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join