It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic lawmaker: Women's clothing an 'invitation' to harassment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Liquesence

no...

Then stop blaming women.

I think both sides bear some responsibility.

Attire in and of itself bears no responsibility on how men respond if that response is assault, and is not an invitation to.
edit on 14-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No , just EVERYTHING I SEE .

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

no...

Then stop blaming women.

I think both sides bear some responsibility.

Hey , I Think you have Something there ! What's that Called Again ? Hmm.......... Biology ?
edit on 14-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You said everything you "hear."

I Hear Camel Toes are Seldom Overlooked by Men

You hear that a lot, I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I never blamed woman

Explicitly, no.

Implicitly, your comments in this thread lay blame on women for how they dress.

With all due respect, your accusation here is just wrong…

To allude to a defensive measure or something that may be a preventative measure against any kind of attack on a person whether it is by another human or something from nature is not blaming the victim.

Of course the lusts of men are in-fact within the realm of nature, btw.

I have brought up myriad analogies to illustrate to you this.

The suggestion about wearing modest attire is an objective remedy some use to not entice the amorous desires of men.

That's an objective fact

Do you think woman, the millions of them who wear what they deem modest attire is blaming victims ?

NO! Obviously

Then how can we be blaming victims if we just mention it

To suggest this to others IS NOT blaming them for anything

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You said everything you "hear."

I Hear Camel Toes are Seldom Overlooked by Men

You hear that a lot, I guess.

Yes , it's a Fact in Canada .

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Ms. Powell, please come take dictation ...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Attire in and of itself bears no responsibility on how men respond if that response is assault, and is not an invitation to.

What exactly is assault?

Can I shake her hand?

What if while shaking her hand, I hold it a few seconds longer, lingering there, looking into her eyes?

Is that ok?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Maybe we are working toward a society where women can go nude all day everywhere and still feel safe and respected.

What a crazy world that would be.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Twenty five years ago that would have been predominantly pleasing to behold, much less so today, and by the time that does come to pass, it will be like permanently walking among beached whales.
edit on 15-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DTOMZIONISTPIGS
*POST REMOVED BY STAFF*

Nobody talking yet, about how women harass men all day long by "flashing" their flesh, and "showing" their body curves, "irritating" men's olfactory senses with their "Pheromone perfumes" deliberately designed to penetrate deep into the male subconscious psyche and turn on his engine, arouse his masculinity, and control the male mind by multiple subliminal cues and devices that attack all the male sense organs, weakening the male's resistance and self-control, overpowering the men and confusing the poor men with conflicting signals of "come get me" and "stay away".

Huh?

It's time the men started complaining too, about all this harassment. If you think men harass women, boy, you haven't stopped to consider the woman's role in the battle of the sexes, yet. There are whole "industries" setup to "aid women" in their battle for the male attention. From the "cosmetics industries" that give women the "war paint" to make them appear more sexually appealing than they really are, to the "fashion industry" that design the outfits that "show and hide" just the right parts of the flesh, to stimulate the male eyeballs with all the eye candy, to the entire "music industry" with all the love songs, and the biggest weapon of all "the movie industry" that deliberately suggest to men that it's ok to immediately sleep with the strange woman you just met 2 minutes ago, making instant sex appear all normal and natural.

No wonder the men are stumbling over themselves. They are being attacked from multiple fronts, all at the same time.

edit on 15-12-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a reply to: openminded2011

I do believe that women should exercise a little better judgment in the way they sometimes dress.

They can dress how they wish if it makes them feel good and it should not be an invitation to harassment.

I think women should respect themselves better.

I think a woman can better judge how she respects herself than you can, unless you want to legislate how women respect themselves.

Guys, I am sorry to say are weak when it comes to this, and there is more than a little cave man left in our brains. Sometimes those two factors get together and we behave like idiots over a woman.

So, blame neanderthal genetics in men not being able to control themselves and acting appropriately toward women? Basically, "We can't control ourselves!"

Or rather, blame women for enticing men simply by how they dress.

What a pathetic, chauvinistic cop out.

Did you ever consider that women dressing like tramps is a form of sexual harassment for men, do men have a choice whether or not to view something that they are hard wired to become aroused by? I will ask you then, why do women dress with their T and A hanging out, is it not to get men to look at them? Most men do have self control obviously but some don't and when they behave inappropriately it IS wrong, but some men CANNOT help themselves. Its not chauvinistic. Its common sense, which so many women seem to be in short supply of. Women want to use their sexuality when it suits them, and cry sexual harassment when it also suits them. You cant have it both ways. I don't care if you wear a potato sack, just uses a little common sense when and where you wear it. I live by the ocean and I see women wearing thong bathing suits all the time, where there are children present. I have always felt this is wrong. I am sorry if a point of view that differs from yours makes you angry, but I have the right to have mine as you have yours.

edit on 15-12-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"A democrat suggests that women are dressing too sexy, and even better? It's a female. "

Of course it is. Why would a person walk half naked on a street if it wansn´t looking for sex?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

I walk down the street half naked sometimes, usually when I am far too warm to be comfortable.

I do not do this to attract attention. I do it because overheating is unpleasant.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Women generally don't have that option.

The closest I ever came to going anywhere half naked was in my competition days, but very few people think someone running full tilt is attempting to be sexy.

Although I'm not really sure why the lack of general clothing is such a huge thing for runners.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There are many cases of intentional provocation by females. They will deliberately gaslight a male they dislike by inviting an advance then accusing him of "harassment." They laugh about doing this kind of # with their bosses over coffee.

I don't agree that a female dressing in a revealing manner "causes rape," (that is wrong), but when situations like the one I mentioned above occur, there has to be some form of accountability for the female.

Males are discriminated against horrendously, in American workplaces especially.
edit on 15-12-2017 by VictimOfTorture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Let me be clear in stating this….It has to be said the idea that some woman might want to dress more modest is not any kind of panacea of protection against assault.

It’s just a general methodology by some woman who don’t want to draw any kind of sexual attention to themselves.

THERE IS NOT ANY EXCUSE FOR ASSAULTING WOMAN BASED ON THEIR ATTIRE OR ANY REASON!

It is unfortunate these kinds of things have to be considered since we must emphasize that the woman is the victim and there is not any excuse the abusers should try to hide behind, like saying a woman was too sexually dressed.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

So, you are an advocate of "Well, she just asked for it by the way she dresses." Got it. It's the woman's fault, of course.

Did you ever consider that women dressing like tramps is a form of sexual harassment for men, do men have a choice whether or not to view something that they are hard wired to become aroused by?

No, I didn't consider that. It's stupid to think men are harassed by having to look at women in skimpy clothes. It's also the silliest attempt at a rationale and spin I have ever heard. Attire in and of itself is not harassment. A man not being able to control his daily, public arousal or desire is not the fault of women. smh

is it not to get men to look at them?

Looking is not harassment. Seeing is not being harassed. The issue is harassment.

I live by the ocean and I see women wearing thong bathing suits all the time, where there are children present. I have always felt this is wrong.

You can 'feel' whatever you wish. Luckily, you can't legislate how you think women should dress. Unless you're a fan of burkas.

I am sorry if a point of view that differs from yours makes you angry, but I have the right to have mine as you have yours.

I'm not angry. You are entitled to your beliefs, but you have no right to tell women how they should dress simply because some men are too primitive to control their urges.

some men CANNOT help themselves.

That's not the women's fault. :/

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But you know what can happen if you walk down the street half naked even if its just because of the weather.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join