It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strzok text and why isn't anyone asking the obvious?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soberbacchus

so the doj did not release these?
lol
your version of this is the doj gave these to the house judiciary COMMITTEE then the COMMITTEE gave "edited" versions of the texts to the press?
Even if that were the case there are dems on the COMMITTEE as well so it still would not be the "GOP" releasing this it would be the COMMITTEE

whatever you say

It is my understanding that the DoJ released the info to congress, not the press or to the public.

It's also important to note that apparently the emails also contained disparaging comments about people on the Left as well. Specifically Bernie Sanders.

And Eric Holder

Indeed. Now we are in a position in which biases can be seen for both sides of the aisle. So the real question we have to answer is if those biases affected the way they conducted their jobs in any way. If not, this will end up being another case of nothing more than political drama.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Page also warned Strzok about discussing politics on their phones. "So look, you say we can text on that phone when we talk about Hillary because it can't be traced."

Well, it certainly sounds all innocent and above board...

The legal term is "consciousness of guilt".

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department invited a group of reporters to its offices on Tuesday night to view private text messages sent during the 2016 campaign by Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, former investigators on the special counsel Robert Mueller's team, Business Insider has learned.

In 'highly unusual' move, DOJ secretly invited reporters to view texts sent by ousted FBI agents

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department invited a group of reporters to its offices on Tuesday night to view private text messages sent during the 2016 campaign by Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, former investigators on the special counsel Robert Mueller's team, Business Insider has learned.

In 'highly unusual' move, DOJ secretly invited reporters to view texts sent by ousted FBI agents

I had just read about that. Very interesting part:

"It's appalling behavior by the department," said Matthew Miller, a former DOJ spokesman. "This is an ongoing investigation in which these employees have due-process rights, and the political leadership at DOJ has thrown them to the wolves so Rosenstein can get credit from House Republicans at his hearing today."

It appears the Trump DoJ is playing games, trying to discredit it's own people and investigations, and is using the congressional committees in the process as well.

Talk about eating themselves from within, huh?
edit on 14-12-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

....yet you have zero issues with DOJ actions under the previous Admin?

Cost: Priceless!
Re

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Finding and rooting out corrupt holdovers from the previous administration would look a lot like what is happening too, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

....yet you have zero issues with DOJ actions under the previous Admin?

Cost: Priceless!
Re

I don't recall something similar happening under the Obama admin.

Nice try at deflecting though with a false equivalency.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Nunes and friends are trying to build a specific narrative about the DoJ and the FBI in order to create an air of doubt surrounding the investigation. 

It began with the stonewalling claims, which Fox News was quick to jump on, but the DoJ has actually been cooperating.

It appears the Trump DoJ is playing games, trying to discredit it's own people and investigations, and is using the congressional committees in the process as well. 

Now that you've accused everyone of discrediting themselves, I'm just curious if you think the OIG who cleared the release are in on the operation to discredit the DOJ and FBI, too...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Finding and rooting out corrupt holdovers from the previous administration would look a lot like what is happening too, don't you think?

No. You find wrongdoing and you get them out of there. You do not undermine your own DoJ and their investigations in order to cast doubt on their investigations in to the president and his team itself.

It's called cutting of your nose to spite your face.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Nunes and friends are trying to build a specific narrative about the DoJ and the FBI in order to create an air of doubt surrounding the investigation. 

It began with the stonewalling claims, which Fox News was quick to jump on, but the DoJ has actually been cooperating.

Now that you've accused everyone of discrediting themselves, I'm just curious if you think the OIG who cleared the release are in on the operation to discredit the DOJ and FBI, too...

I'm not sure at this point.

It appears that the DoJ is at odds with itself, making some very odd moves, and people such as Nunes in Congress is working to build a narrative of the DoJ stonewalling, yet they seem to be cooperating with congress.

It's a very odd situation to say the least. It seems that the drive is to discredit the investigations and the DoJ/FBI, but people forget that it's Trump's DoJ/FBI.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Like when president Trump fired James Comey following the recommendations of others and was accused of trying to obstructing justice?

Imagine the hue and cry if these peiple on Mueller's team were treated ina similar fashion.

They were given rope and have since fashioned nooses of their own. All that's left is to pull the lever.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Like when president Trump fired James Comey following the recommendations of others and was accused of trying to obstructing justice?

No. Not similar in the slightest.

Was that a serious question, or a half-assed deflection?

Imagine the hue and cry if these peiple on Mueller's team were treated ina similar fashion.

If they were fired because of similar reasons Comey may have been fired, there would be just cause for the outcry.

If they were fired because they were not doing their job or they were doing something they were not supposed to, get them out of there.

Nothing wrong with that.

They were given rope and have since fashioned nooses of their own. All that's left is to pull the lever.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. We are lacking a whole lot of info in these cases and we are not able to come to any logical conclusion yet.
edit on 14-12-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can anyone find who appointed Strzoks wife Melissa Hodgman as director of the SEC? It was done right after it was found that Weiners laptop had thousands of Hillary's emails on it. She was appointed October 14, 2016 to the vacant position. This means she would have been able to keep things quiet about the Clinton Foundation stuff from emails while her husband Strzok could run it into the ground from the FBI side.

edit on 12/14/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It appears that the DoJ is at odds with itself, making some very odd moves, and people such as Nunes in Congress is working to build a narrative of the DoJ stonewalling, yet they seem to be cooperating with congress.

It's a very odd situation to say the least. It seems that the drive is to discredit the investigations and the DoJ/FBI, but people forget that it's Trump's DoJ/FBI.

My guess would be holdouts and loyalists to Obama/Clinton are at odd with Trump support inside and are actively trying to undermine.
edit on 12/14/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Can anyone find who appointed Strzoks wife Melissa Hodgman as director of the SEC?

I had not read she was ever appointed director of the SEC. She began to work with the SEC in 2008 and was appointed to assistant director in 2012.

On the date you posted, she was appointed as assistant director in the enforcment division.

Washington D.C., Oct. 14, 2016 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that Melissa Hodgman has been named Associate Director in the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

www.sec.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Can anyone find who appointed Strzoks wife Melissa Hodgman as director of the SEC?

I had not read she was ever appointed director of the SEC. She began to work with the SEC in 2008 and was appointed to assistant director in 2012.

On the date you posted, she was appointed as assistant director in the enforcment division.

Washington D.C., Oct. 14, 2016 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that Melissa Hodgman has been named Associate Director in the SEC’s Enforcement Division.

www.sec.gov...

Yeah...meant associate director...

Can you find anywhere that says specifically who appointed her?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

My guess would be holdouts and loyalists to Obama/Clinton are at odd with Trump support inside and are actively trying to undermine.

That's a talking point I have heard quite a few times recently, but I have yet to see any real evidence of that.

Also, it does not explain why the Right in congress are pushing a certain narrative against the DoJ.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

www.sec.gov...

Yeah...meant associate director...

Can you find anywhere that says specifically who appointed her?

Not sure. The president appoints the commissioners, but I think the others are appointed internally.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm just curious about your stance on the OIG, since Dems all cheered for launching the investigation in January, but the enthusiasm seems to be dampening a bit. Will your reaction depend on the findings? I mean the OIG is highly independent and itself had no issue clearing the release though it pertains to the "ongoing investigation". I'm just curious why you might know more or care more than the OIG about their investigation into improper politicization within the FBI and DOJ.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

???

This is unusual and strange.

First question...What reporters and what outlets.
Who at Justice invited them?
Where they able to see all texts?

Why not release them to press vs. secret meeting and viewing?

Lots of weird here

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join