It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple case for a periodic reset of reality

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CircleofFloss
a reply to: eXia7

I like endless, or an infinite universe without beginning or end. Just the parts of it need to be, um, adjusted. Look at Mars, or look at the moon. Not everything works. Maybe God's learning

So more in the realm of quantum physics then? Multi dimensional?
edit on 12/10/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Do you believe that entropy can be reversed?

No, I do not.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: CircleofFloss

How do you reverse entropy?

I would try to think of an answer but my chakra levels are a bit low.

life reverses entropy.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
life reverses entropy.

How so? The universe is still trending towards a homogenized state despite life being present inside of it. Infinite expansion eventually leads to a state where matter dispersal is the same in every square meter of the cosmos.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Entropy isn't universe wide though as it is relative to rate of travel of say a galaxy or solar system or space craft..

Some say time is a human construct an abstraction of change, but it is just as real as length or width which are also relative not fixed values.

What is entropy at the speed of light?

Then of course there is the question of is the universe an isolated system?

edit on 10-12-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CircleofFloss
a reply to: ClovenSky

I'm all about EU and plasma cosmology.

Very very nice. Would you have any material or sources that started you down the path of a periodic reset? Are they associated with the EU? I would love to explore some other ways of approaching the mystery that is this universe.

I am trying to understand some of the information that Wal Thornhill presents. He is currently trying to destruct the idea of E=MC^2 and states that we are not really able to state what exactly energy and mass are. He is also stating that the speed of light is actually slow compared to some of the unexplained forces in the universe.

His thoughts on gravity are unique to me. He explains that the current concept of gravity implies that the force is near instantaneous. New thoughts, new roads.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

What about using additional universe's energy to open the meniscus to another?

The meniscus would be instigated in the calving process. It takes some "here' to make a new "there" so they are linked briefly.

If we can expect a singularity in the new universe (which is not likely) and if we can expect that the singularity in the next universe to counter its gravitational energy and start expanding (also not likely) then it may create energy which we may be able to use but the caveat would be that it would have to be from within the new universe.

I have a postulate that a boundary condition of a new universe would be that the Higgs mechanism would not exist (yet) and therefore there is no upper limit on movement of mass. I.e: mass could move superluminally and this would establish an expanding boundary and the creation of energy at faster than light speed.

Essentially, the singularity is NOT required for the matter and energy to 'come from' in a new universe.

The expanding boundary itself creates leftover energy and the resultant Higgs mechanism establishment pre-charges the ZPE and stops the creation process inside the boundary.

But it is very far out, even for a hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Entropy isn't universe wide...

It most certainly is. High entropic localities can only be lowered at the expense of increasing entropy in it's surroundings. Eventually the entire universe will descend into a low entropy state of perfect homogenization.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Regardless, I like the cutting edge theoretical thought experiments. If you ever publish it let us know. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Entropy isn't universe wide...

It most certainly is. High entropic localities can only be lowered at the expense of increasing entropy in it's surroundings. Eventually the entire universe will descend into a low entropy state of perfect homogenization.

I could watch thousands of your life times decay into dust and still just be chilling in my same body.. this does not increase surrounding entropy..

It's a different relativistic time frame..

As far as a reset button I've only seen those in relation to gaming devices.. simulation or god lol otherwise we go out into the cold vastness never to be heard from again..

Forever sleep
After the last blink
Of the stars

link   
a reply to: eXia7

there's no need for more dimensions if you take the main force of the universe into consideration, that of EM.

link   

originally posted by: purplemer

a reply to: CircleofFloss

How do you reverse entropy?

I would try to think of an answer but my chakra levels are a bit low.

life reverses entropy.

Universal order existed prior to life.

If the universe started, it must have been shaped by anti-entropic forces.

If it has always existed, then our knowledge of entropy and order is wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I could watch thousands of your life times decay into dust and still just be chilling in my same body.. this does not increase surrounding entropy..

I'm not following you here, you need to be a bit more detailed with this scenario.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

hmmm, pure yumminess! lol

I wish I had something besides just the little bits I learn along the way. I just got through the Science Book to get a base line in what the history of science has taught up to this point. Amazing how they still adhere to things like gravity while obviously explaining how magnetism works.

If relativity were true, then photons would grow to infinite mass while traveling at its own speed, so the equation is bogus right off the bat.

Light isn't created anyway until EM waves slow down either through a medium or hits something more solid. That should say something.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm not following you here, you need to be a bit more detailed with this scenario.

Traveling at a very high rate of speed our times are not synched anymore..

Think how hard it would be to discuss histories between multiple alien races when time isn't even going the same speed. Perhaps there is a galaxy out there moving incredibly fast or even just a solar system..

If we talk once and meet up again in 4 earth years counted by aliens on andromeda watches they may arrive minutes later or 1000s of years later in our perception..

I'm just saying entropy or time since you relate them as one thing (I dont) is relative and in that is an answer to your question you asked the op..

And maybe I wasn't clear that a reset button is a goofy idea outside of creationism or simulation theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Traveling at a high rate of speed does not impact the universe's progression towards a low entropic state.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Regardless, I like the cutting edge theoretical thought experiments. If you ever publish it let us know. Good stuff.

I could talk about it but as I could never falsify any of it, even mathematically, I could hardly raise a paper on it.

It wouldn't be science.

But it could be science fiction.

The current levels of belief in the Big Bang cosmologies are something that would have to be weakened before people start considering alternatives.

I have, in a few threads, tried to point out that there is quite a bit of non-scientific stuff that must be embraced to believe in a Big Bang cosmology but people commit to their 'sciency sounding' myths religiously.

Perhaps if they embraced there are other alternatives (the Electric Universe isn't one of them), the situation may change.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Maybe make a thread.

Then Terry and I and the other miscreants can come and wreck it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Traveling at a high rate of speed does not impact the universe's progression towards a low entropic state.

I was talking about my entropy..

I'm discussing ideas related but not exactly what the op is saying..

You could have just surmised the op is talking about god powers basically and left it alone.

But I like to explore the universe in my mind.

When does light decay?

Think about it

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I found this..............en.wikipedia.org...(arrow_of_time) Maybe the op should read it.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join