It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple case for a periodic reset of reality

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I was talking about my entropy..

Your entropy wouldn't be reversing, it would only be slowed.

When does light decay?

I forget the number, but when there are only X photons per square meter some many trillions of years from now.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
I found this..............en.wikipedia.org...(arrow_of_time) Maybe the op should read it.

Yeah, Brian Greene gives a good lecture on this subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lots of alcohol. You'll keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and..................

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Lots of alcohol. You'll keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and..................

Now we're finally getting into the hard science.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CircleofFloss

I hear you loud and clear. Challenging the concepts proposed by Einstein and Newton, maybe even Pythagoras will be a sure way to bring down ridicule and outright dismissal. I also wish I had more intelligence to memorize and regurgitate statics to better support my position, but at this point it is more of a feeling or hunch. But the simple pleasure in exploring new ways of thinking is reward enough at this point. That and knowing that other people are starting to going down this road.

I love how the EU brings everything together and eliminates the stand alone galaxy/universe model. Everything is connected. Maybe even one day Velikovsky will be looked to for answers.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Scientists are not sure light ever decays at least not in 13.7 billion years.. all the light is still there from the beginning..

Does light know what time it is?
edit on 10-12-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Go smaller scale, quit looking at the big picture.

Your example is the simple atom, it will last the longest as an ordered structure, longer than stars before it's electrons crash from orbit.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Scientists are not sure light ever decays at least not in 13.7 billion years.. all the light is still there from the beginning..

As I just posted, many trillions of years from now photons will be evenly dispersed throughout an infinitely expanding universe and will eventually be so far distant from each other that light effectively ceases to exist as one photon will not be able to 'see' its neighbors.

edit on 10-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So in a sealed vacuum chamber of perfectly mirrored surfaces with a light bulb, the bulb only needs to flicker on for a fraction of a second to light the room forever?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That's not what I'm talking about
I'm talking about light and time..
Not talking about neighbors
Lol

When does a photon decay?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

So in a sealed vacuum chamber of perfectly mirrored surfaces with a light bulb, the bulb only needs to flicker on for a fraction of a second to light the room forever?

You just hurt my brain.. I'm actually not sure on that.
The lights rest frame though would be that zero seconds have passed no matter how long you think it's been haha.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I still don't see how any of that can reverse entropy which is how you would 'reset' the universe.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I still don't see how any of that can reverse entropy which is how you would 'reset' the universe.

Gravity takes widely dispersed hydrogen atoms in a state of high entropy and gathers them to eventually form a star. The star further orders the hydrogen atoms to helium atoms through fusion.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Maybe make a thread.

Then Terry and I and the other miscreants can come and wreck it.

Take responsibility for my own thoughts?

Expose myself to the ridicule of my peers?

But then everyone would get all "ooh", and "ahh", expecting me not to be dumb at some point.

Then all the alternate chr0nauts from all the alternate universes would make me their king in a universe of chr0nauts.

... and then one tiny little mistake (collapsing the universe) would wipe most of them out and then all the ones that remained would hate me.

I can't go through it all again.

edit on 10/12/2017 by chr0naut because: Or, was that a Rick & Morty storyline?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Gravity takes widely dispersed hydrogen atoms in a state of high entropy and gathers them to eventually form a star. The star further orders the hydrogen atoms to helium atoms through fusion.

And? Take that many steps further into the future. What happens then?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You must pay better attention to what I write.. as I explained earlier..

I'm not making the ops case..

I'm talking about related topics to get people thinking about what a reset button would mean.. how would you reset the universe??

I'm not saying you can..

But I'm also saying light doesn't theoretically experience time.. and if it can be decayed which no one knows if it can it would take 10^35 years for it to happen, but that wouldn t happen because there is no time passing..

Lighten up man!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But I'm also saying light doesn't theoretically experience time.. and if it can be decayed which no one knows if it can it would take 10^35 years for it to happen, but that wouldn t happen because there is no time passing.

How could there be 'no time passing'? Time is just a measurement of entropy and entropy only increases, it never decreases.

You've got an actual physics expert in the thread, ask him for his opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And? Take that many steps further into the future. What happens then?

Doesn't matter, at one point after the big bang the universe was made up of hydrogen, that was the totality of the universe. Then order came out of entropy through star formation. Those stars sploded, then new stars formed with the helium hydrogen mixed entropy....then they kaboomed and so on and so forth as heavier and heavier elements were ordered out of chaos. Neutron stars played patty cake to get the universe some nice gold bling bling etc. It all started from highly disordered hydrogen, order out of chaos.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But I'm also saying light doesn't theoretically experience time.. and if it can be decayed which no one knows if it can it would take 10^35 years for it to happen, but that wouldn t happen because there is no time passing.

How could there be 'no time passing'? Time is just a measurement of entropy and entropy only increases, it never decreases.

You've got an actual physics expert in the thread, ask him for his opinion.

Time doesn't pass at the speed of light..

I don't need to defer to an expert as physics is something I explore everyday..

But yes i do appear to be talking to the wrong person.

phys.org
(Does light experience time)

And remember I'm not talking about a universe reset button... just interesting things that show what a reset button would consist of if you were god and wanted to push the button..

edit on 10-12-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Time doesn't pass at the speed of light..

I was discussing the end state of the universe in regards entropy. Whether a photon experiences time is not relevant to the fact I was making that entropy only increases.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join