It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple case for a periodic reset of reality

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
What is this fairytale stuff you talk of.

Sorry. I meant to say Jesus snapped his fingers and the universe went *poof*.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CircleofFloss
There's a huge revelation.

Glad you learned something.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure, we'll counter entrpoy with mysticism bon mots.

What does quantum physics tell you. What does it mean when you look at wave function and collapse it to a particle.

The act of consciousness effects the result.

Think about that for a minute. That mean consciousness is a force. The question you should then ask is. How much of a force is it. Is it one percent of is a hundred percent. What does that mean. Think

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What is this fairytale stuff you talk of.

Sorry. I meant to say Jesus snapped his fingers and the universe went *poof*.

These are both your stories. Not mine.

link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Universal order existed prior to life. If the universe started, it must have been shaped by anti-entropic forces. If it has always existed, then our knowledge of entropy and order is wro

Hello..

Not quite understanding what you are saying.

Matter epiphenomena of consciousness. I think it is and there is no evidence that i can see to state that is not the case. If thats what you are getting at

If you are talking a human type consciousness, then at some (vast) stage in the universe there was no consciousness. Yet the universe had sufficient order to allow for the emergence of physics, chemistry and biology.

There is a vast implicate order in physics of forces and states of energy that then allows for chemistry, which is orders of magnitude beyond that, to biology which, it may be argued, is further beyond that (although each level of complexity is built upon the meta-base of its predecessor).

From the point of history and science, the contribution of life and consciousness to the ordering of the universe is infinitesimally small.

From the point of potentialities, it is possibly huge, but it fits in with a destiny established by an atemporal creator God. If you remove God from the picture you must also remove the attendant consequential philosophies as they are invalidated. There is no 'destiny' if the universe is unconscious. Time is merely existent and unchangeable and everything dies, including the universe.

link   

The act of consciousness effects the result.

The effect of observation effects the result.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

don't know and neither does anyone else.

Do not fall for the illusion that you understand this universe using a belief system that has no foundation.

Expand.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Do you believe that entropy can be reversed?

No, I do not.

Why?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Do not fall for the illusion that you understand this universe using a belief system that has no foundation.

*gong sound*

What is the sound of the universe clapping? Answer me this grasshopper.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Expand.

And in order to observe you have to have consciousness .

link   

Why?

Because in an ever expanding universe distances become to great for anything else to occur other than homogenization.

link   

*gong sound*

What is the sound of the universe clapping? Answer me this grasshopper.

Thats easy... It sounds like a dog having Buddha nature..

:p

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wrong.

It's like a lotus blossom failing into a super massive black hole. It will remain beautiful forever at the event horizon while it is simultaneously feeding the well of creation.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Because in an ever expanding universe distances become to great for anything else to occur other than homogenization.

In order to have an ever expanding Universe, it would require an infinite supply of energy, which would not be entropy.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

In order to have an ever expanding Universe, it would require an infinite supply of energy...

Why?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Was not just talking about human consciousness. If this stuff is real then the universe was just like a cat in box until we looked. It was neither there nor not there. Its very confusing stuff really and hard for human brains to understand.

I really think there is a push towards order and complexity in the world. You talk about chemistry. The formation of elements. The forces in the universe that hold it all together Its the same in evolution and life. Its not a random event. There is a push to create complexity. I think that is why we have found it so easy to create A.I. Not because we are so smart because the universe dictates it as such.

According to a well-known theory in quantum physics, a particle’s behavior changes depending on whether there is an observer or not. It basically suggests that reality is a kind of illusion and exists only when we are looking at it. Numerous quantum experiments were conducted in the past and showed that this indeed might be the case.

Now, physicists at the Australian National University have found further evidence for the illusory nature of reality. They recreated the John Wheeler’s delayed-choice experiment and confirmed that reality doesn’t exist until it is measured, at least on the atomic scale

themindunleashed.com...

link   

In order to have an ever expanding Universe, it would require an infinite supply of energy...

Why?

So the Universe could expand forever.

link   

Expand.

And in order to observe you have to have consciousness .

and In order to have consciousness you have to have (add random life necessity here).

also, doesn't the phrase 'have to have' sound tautological?

edit on 10/12/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wrong.

It's like a lotus blossom failing into a super massive black hole. It will remain beautiful forever at the event horizon while it is simultaneously feeding the well of creation.

New that really. Just testing you.

Happy day to you.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

And in order to observe you have to have consciousnes

Yes i think you do.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join