It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simple case for a periodic reset of reality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: eXia7

So how 'bout that topic? Entropy: reversible via laws of physics-breaking pseudo science or set in stone?

My vote is for the latter.

I reckon it shows that God has a sense of humor, making a universe where we can see progression to entropy in the lab, and at all scales, and yet it has been here for billions of years at incredibly high levels of implicate order.

Even before there was matter, the universe was self-ordering.

Yet it's all supposed to be crashing into the bin at a great rate of knots?

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise" 1 Corinthians 1:27a.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Gal please. And are you sure you didn't carry some issues of your own ego in here?

Not really. I don't give a rats ass about your approval, or anybody's approval on ATS. The only reason I actually came in this thread was to get a better understanding of the OP's topic. All I read was BS from other users that were completely off topic.

I don't come to ATS to make friends, I come to ATS to read about topics I find interesting. I've been here quite awhile, and I've seen this place just devolve into 4chan. It's retarded.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

All I read was BS from other users that were completely off topic.

Because you’re way better than that?

*looks over the last few pages*

Guess not.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
And isn't this one of the main held beliefs of cosmology? The big bang. That the universe will expand to a certain point and the collapse back onto itself, down to singularity due to the effects of gravity?

Maybe I am remembering the theory wrong.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I don't know about a great rate. From my understanding it's going to take trillions of years for the universe to be fully homogenized. Perhaps by then we'll have learned how to create a new pocket universe and jump there.

How's that for the Original Poster's 'reset'?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
And isn't this one of the main held beliefs of cosmology? The big bang. That the universe will expand to a certain point and the collapse back onto itself, down to singularity due to the effects of gravity?

The universe is currently believed to be 'flat' and therefore will expand forever eventually coming to be a cold, dark, homogenized state.

edit on 10-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

it could be another way to make the case for a reset, except I don't believe in the Big Bang.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The “collapsing in on itself”, would be the Big Crunch.

But pretty much, kind of.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

All I read was BS from other users that were completely off topic.

Because you’re way better than that?

*looks over the last few pages*

Guess not.

Only reason you see it that way is because I had to clarify my point to other users who kept dragging the entire thread off topic. It's bad when I have more posts in this thread than the OP, but I felt I needed to come in here and defend the OP about his topic.

This topic belongs in this forum, and everybody just came in here to ridicule the OP about his topic. Like I stated before, if this topic weren't in the correct forum, you wouldn't even be talking to me right now.

The entire point of me being here still is that the OP has a right to post an outlandish theory without getting sh*t on. That right is extended to everybody, but this place has turned into an actual mudpit where people just insult each other back and forth, or insert lack luster humor into serious topics and derail them.

Who wants to spend their time researching some topics, type up a thread, add sources(if applicable) then get ridiculed for bringing it up? Exactly why I don't waste my time sharing ideas of my own.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Peeple

Gal please. And are you sure you didn't carry some issues of your own ego in here?

Not really. I don't give a rats ass about your approval, or anybody's approval on ATS. The only reason I actually came in this thread was to get a better understanding of the OP's topic. All I read was BS from other users that were completely off topic.

I don't come to ATS to make friends, I come to ATS to read about topics I find interesting. I've been here quite awhile, and I've seen this place just devolve into 4chan. It's retarded.

Humor is a valid response. Especially in response to a weakly considered hypothesis.

There have also been legitimate responses to the OP.

"Ya gets what ya pay for".

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So the only reason you’re here is to be off topic, while having a go at people being off topic?

*slow clap*

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

There's no big crunch. WMAP put the tombstone on that idea'

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

except the number of replies speak for themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There's no big crunch. WMAP put the tombstone on that idea'

I still think it’s a valid theory. I also think the universe is in an infinity loop of Crunch and Bang.

Maybe that’s where the idea of reincarnation comes from? We aren’t reincarnated into a new life, as such, but the next life after the next Big Bang.

Just a personal theory though.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't know about a great rate. From my understanding it's going to take trillions of years for the universe to be fully homogenized. Perhaps by then we'll have learned how to create a new pocket universe and jump there.

How's that for the Original Poster's 'reset'?

The problem with a pocket universe is that we might calve off a new one, but we'd never have enough negative energy to keep the meniscus between the universes open sufficient for us to escape one, into the other.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So the only reason you’re here is to be off topic, while having a go at people being off topic?

*slow clap*

Wrong.

But if you want me to, I'll make a thread about it so we can further discuss it?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I’m wrong about what you, yourself, admitted?

Ok then.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The problem with a pocket universe is that we might calve off a new one, but we'd never have enough negative energy to keep the meniscus between the universes open sufficient for us to escape one, into the other.

Perhaps at some future state we may overcome this obstacle.

I find the topic of pocket universes/multiverses fairly interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

*slow clap*

Wrong.

But if you want me to, I'll make a thread about it so we can further discuss it?

"Obviously the Popular Peoples Liberation Front of Judea".

"Splitters"!

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I’m wrong about what you, yourself, admitted?

Ok then.

Why are you continuing to try and derail the thread? I'm not going to sit here and go in circles with you about this nonsense.

You can keep trying to stroke your e-penis I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join