It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Tried to Share Hacked Emails With Don Jr, Others... Maybe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
OOPS!
MORE FAKE NEWS FROM CNN!

WaPo walks back CNN's reporting on Trump WikiLeaks email

A September 2016 email sent to senior Trump campaign officials directed them to documents that had already been publicly released by WikiLeaks, per The Washington Post. Initial reporting on the email this morning from CNN said the email was sent on September 4 — WaPo reports that it was actually September 14 — and left it an open question whether the documents had been previously released.

www.axios.com...

CNN Botches Major ‘Bombshell’ Alleging Contacts Between Don Jr. And WikiLeaks

dailycaller.com...

Someone at CNN needs to be fired.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Email pointed Trump campaign to WikiLeaks documents that were already public

Email pointed Trump campaign to WikiLeaks documents that were already public A 2016 email sent to President Trump and top aides pointed the campaign to hacked documents from the Democratic National Committee that had already been made public by the group WikiLeaks a day earlier. The full email — which was first described to CNN as being sent on Sept. 4, 10 days earlier — indicates that the writer may have simply been flagging information that was already widely available. The message also noted that information from former secretary of state Colin Powell’s inbox was available “on DCLeaks.com.” That development, too, had been publicly reported earlier that day.

ha

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well that would make a world of difference if the email was sent on the 14th since the DNC docs were released to the public on the 13th.

FTR, the Daily Caller reporting isn't particularly good either as none of this was actually released by WikiLeaks but I digress. Interesting that the DC has the email itself but there's no header details in the scan. (importantly the date)
edit on 2017-12-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That would clearly suggest a very strong possibility that the Trump campaign was legitimately being offered early access to hacked documents.

I am confused?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

WaPo confirms the email was sent on the 14th not the 4th too. Well, CNN screwed the pooch on that one big time.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah, I'm with you now but I'd still be interested to know who sent them and what, if any, use was made of them by the recipients.
I just don't see an obvious smoking gun here.

I get emails offering me credit cards all the time.
Never signed up for one, yet.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

It's a moot point now if the CNN reporting was wrong about the date of the email and it looks like it was. WaPo and Daily Caller are saying the email was actually sent on the 14th not the 4th.

Sent on the 4th - bombshell.
Sent on the 14th - just an unsolicited email relaying publicly available info.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I guess that's gonna happen sometimes.

Blame CNN.

Again.

link   
I see CNN is still peddling Fake news, but hey at least they wear that badge proudly.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It's a moot point now if the CNN reporting was wrong about the date of the email and it looks like it was. WaPo and Daily Caller are saying the email was actually sent on the 14th not the 4th.

Sent on the 4th - bombshell.
Sent on the 14th - just an unsolicited email relaying publicly available info.

No sh!t!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No #? Two posts ago you had no idea what was even being discussed (remember "Trump's campaign strategy") and now that it's being reported that they flubbed the date, you miraculously understand what the OP was about?

Yeah, no.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Called it. Holy f#ck i'm clairvoyant now. It's interesting that the MSM is more eager to attack each other in the last few weeks. ABC got thrown under the bus and now WaPo joins in to "correct" CNN. I guess Fake News is hurting business pretty bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I have no doubt more "news" people on both sides will get burnt before this event is complete. Seems few are interested in the actual truth, and many only want to see their side "win".
If we do not get rid of government corruption we all lose.

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Called it. Holy f#ck i'm clairvoyant now. It's interesting that the MSM is more eager to attack each other in the last few weeks. ABC got thrown under the bus and now WaPo joins in to "correct" CNN. I guess Fake News is hurting business pretty bad.

Best to sit back and wait now a days! The state propaganda machine is coming unglued and it is fun and truly fascinating to sit back and watch the rats steering the ship implode!

link   

Clearly the two authors of the CNN reporting (Manu Raju and Jeremy Herb) need a suspension. I'm guessing they were trying to get the scoop without a copy of the email in hand and the date was given to them incorrectly.

But the date was the most significant detail. If the f that up, the rest is meaningless.

They reported it, they own it. A screw up of those proportions warrants not only a prominent retraction but an unpaid suspension. Brian Ross got what? Four weeks for saying "candidate" instead of "President-elect" when the context made it obvious that "candidate" wouldn't have made sense?

They should get at least that long, I'd say longer along with any editor who signed off on it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You didn't call *anything*. You just did what you always do — screech low info denial — and happened to get lucky.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is getting weird. First the Brian Ross thing and now this. Is the MSM losing the plot or are there handlers too desperate to notice any mistakes and just don't care anymore. It sure looks like people are panicing. Hmm. Interesting.

What pisses me off is that it's working. Twitter was again full of people jumping the gun way too soon and the damage is already done.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is getting weird. First the Brian Ross thing and now this. Is the MSM losing the plot or are there handlers too desperate to notice any mistakes and just don't care anymore. It sure looks like people are panicing. Hmm. Interesting.

What pisses me off is that it's working. Twitter was again full of people jumping the gun way too soon and the damage is already done.

That's just it. They only care about the impact. Half the audience probably still believes Mueller subpoenaed Trump's bank records and Flynn was contacting the Russians during the campaign based on these stories. Feeding and nurturing that narrative to the public is more important than losing face and small print retractions/revisions after the fact. Think about what that means.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It won't come as a great surprise to see a few more firings.
Don't trust the media.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Seems like maybe the CNN reporters have been hittin tha malt likka.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join