It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Tried to Share Hacked Emails With Don Jr, Others... Maybe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nope.

Vodka!!!

#notallrussians

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IAMTAT

WaPo confirms the email was sent on the 14th not the 4th too. Well, CNN screwed the pooch on that one big time.

Kudos to you for admitting this.

I have no problem with you posting this story; half the stuff I post are some facts with me speculating.

You posted a story by CNN, you admitted when it was confirmed wrong.

That is what we should want more of on ATS.

On topic,

Man, another black eye for the MSM. They are so gung ho to get Trump they are making stuff up at a rapid pace.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I don't anyone who believes that Flynn contacted the Russians during the campaign based on Brian Ross's flub but I suppose there are some people.

Brian Ross got a 4 week suspension for that.

As for the bank records thing, that started with a German news org and it was picked up by Reuters (a Canadian company with news HQ in the UK) and last I checked, the original source hadn't walked it back. It had been denied by Trump's lawyers.

The problem is everyone is trying to scoop everyone else and with this much reporting and the demand for ever fresher "news" there are bound to be mistakes.

It's funny though that some people aren't at all critical of the deliberate and repeated lying from Trump and members of the Trump administration. And we're not talking about simply lying about little things either. Do you ever think about what *that* means?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Tulpa

Clearly the two authors of the CNN reporting (Manu Raju and Jeremy Herb) need a suspension. I'm guessing they were trying to get the scoop without a copy of the email in hand and the date was given to them incorrectly.

But the date was the most significant detail. If the f that up, the rest is meaningless.

They reported it, they own it. A screw up of those proportions warrants not only a prominent retraction but an unpaid suspension. Brian Ross got what? Four weeks for saying "candidate" instead of "President-elect" when the context made it obvious that "candidate" wouldn't have made sense?

They should get at least that long, I'd say longer along with any editor who signed off on it.

This is why I give your arguments credence, even though I may not agree with them; you are one of the few folks on the left who can admit errors and call out BS when it becomes obvious.

Although based on some of your responses, I am left wondering if this would have been better served in the mud pit.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

While this story looked pretty vague and dubious from the start, I admire that you've taken your lumps over the thread with a grace generally absent in political fora

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Called it. Holy f#ck i'm clairvoyant now. It's interesting that the MSM is more eager to attack each other in the last few weeks. ABC got thrown under the bus and now WaPo joins in to "correct" CNN. I guess Fake News is hurting business pretty bad.

You didn't call *anything*. You just did what you always do — screech low info denial — and happened to get lucky.

Incorrect. Pol discovered it months ago. I already mentioned that i get my info from various sources. In this day and age it's a good idea to not just believe anything you hear or read. I value the input of boards like ATS more then just the news except Reddit that board is full of morons. They deliberately spread misinformation and if you try to correct them you get banned. However ATS is the only source where i'm an active participant. I'm only monitoring the rest. I would never make an account on Twitter or Facebook.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

As you know, I wouldn't deliberately mislead/spread misinformation/disinformation. It's pretty frustrating from my point of view when a media organization of CNN's size gets it *this* wrong about such a critical detail because I've wasted a couple hours now talking about something that wasn't worth talking about.

Also, people who spastically screech "fake news" at everything will use this to discredit valid reporting and not just from CNN.

What's worse is that the same people don't hold even remotely the same standards for other media outlets. Breitbart gets it wrong? No problem. True Pundit makes up some "news?" No problem. Fox News retracts a major story making all sorts of significant claims about Seth Rich? No problem.

It's something like how people making false accusations do serious damage to actual victims.
edit on 2017-12-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I know you wouldnt intentionally post a false story, I am sure you know the same about me.

Yeah, there are people on all sides that will be hypocritical.

But think about this, at this point, many in the MSM have lied or been wrong so often that we have to lump them in with sources like true pundit.

Crazy times.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I certainly don't blame you.

Given what we have seen here, it doesn't make a person confident in what CNN will put out there though, does it?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The MSM are dying and we all get treated like idiots.
They aren't as smart as they think they are.

You win some you lose some.

Never mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And thus the MSM completes a triumvirate of ludicrous fake news in a shocking two weeks for them... and the usual suspects bite.

So the revelation is that some dude (or lady) sent an email after the information was already public. Golden.

I look forward to the next ridiculous instalment of the MSM fake news avalanche - the desperation looks funny.
edit on 8/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Last I looked Blomberg and the Journal already started walking back the story to "related to" Trump's associates. It doesn't matter though because all the stories are already out there all over the Google with titles like "Trump's records". It's social engineering.

Also, Trumps a douche (will that pass the filter?). I wish the message had a better, less obnoxious and petty messenger. I think he's his own worst enemy. The most redeeming quality he has is the number of establishment politicians who are so tweaked by him. Beyond that since you didn't provide a specific thing for me to be outraged about " Politician lied" generally isn't noteworthy outside of context beyond narcissistic stroking of his/her own ego. Not sure where we're going with this.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I certainly don't blame you.

Given what we have seen here, it doesn't make a person confident in what CNN will put out there though, does it?

It's definitely a major mistake on Manu Raju's part (who is as I write this on CNN correcting the date they reported). He's saying that they've just received the copy of the email and explaining how it changes the reporting entirely. Apparently they based their story on two sources who had "seen the email."

Setting aside bias, I think that there's got to be some room for mistakes. We live in an era now where news breaks around the clock. We've got countless media outlets vying for viewers/readers and they're all trying to be the first with the biggest scoops.

It's easy to say that they should stop rushing but let's be honest, that's not going to happen. We as consumers of media demand it and if they can't get us what we want fast enough, we'll go somewhere else. In fact, a lot of us do that now. Whether it's ATS or similar forums, social media or straight up fake news blogs that feed our need to have our worldviews confirmed.

And let's be frank here, we all rely on media in some form for the bulk of our information. That's just a reality. We don't have direct access to sources of information as regular folks and even if we did, there's limits to what any of us could learn firsthand.

Honestly, it's not going to make me question everything CNN in particular reports more than I already would anything any major media outlet reports. Ignoring the amount if spin or editorial bias that we all know that all media outlets have to some degree, media outlets are going to make mistakes.

It's a good sign that other outlets got the email and jumped to correct CNN and that CNN has acknowledged their mistake. Manu Raju and his co-author still need to be suspended though. There's got to be serious consequences when they get something this wrong to force reporters to do a better job.

But yes, this is a black eye for CNN.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

A local councillor here in the UK killed himself recently over allegations of sexual misconduct.

Just think, if that had been fake news, someone would have to live with that.

They should stick to what they're supposed to do.
Report facts about notable events.

Will they learn???

I can't answer that.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Especially in view of the fact that all of the information that they needed to vet the story (that they now blame on two sources) was freely available online.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Especially in view of the fact that all of the information that they needed to vet the story (that they now blame on two sources) was freely available online.

CNN just reported that they now have the email in question in their hands and it is dated September 14th, not September 4th. The reporter sounded pretty sad about that. Why, I don't know.

Must be a slow Friday in the world of news.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I may have read it all wrong but you missed number three.
*someone* from Intel was trying to set him up so they could use it as "proof", later on, that there was Russian involvement?

We now know the DNC paid for the Steele Dossier, and the meeting with Trump Jr. was secretly set up by Fusion. They damn sure were planting evidence for the Russian collusion narrative.

I'd say it's very likely this was a trap by the Democrats to play into the story.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A CNN exclusive:

Fake News LIE.

How many times does the media have to do this before people really see what they are attempting?

It's comical if it weren't really happening.
edit on 8-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

All of this effort to undermine candidate Trump tells me that the DNC and all of Hillary's people felt that she was a dog candidate. Maybe looking out over the sparse crowds at her rallies told Hillary the same thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
MSNBC ran with it as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join