It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So is this Trump's way of declaring that the US military is ready, willing, and able to put thousands of troops back into the middle east again ?

There's a reason why previous presidents preferred to kick the can down the road...

But Trump knows better ?

He's decided that the US military isn't spread out thin enough just yet ?

Or does he just think that Israel will handle this all on their own when the big war breaks out ?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In fact I'm starting to think this lip-service is just another tool to take current focus and discussion off his buddy and public enemy, Michael Flynn.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

eh i see it this way ,with the recent warming of relations between Saudi and the Israelis they may just be able to pull off a stablization in the region .

1.get Hamas and Hezbollah to disarm(Saudi does not like them and their ties to Iran and Israelis like bombing them ).

2. if they do that have the Saudis come in and help the Palestinians build homes,a desalinization plant and build the Palestinians their own port

3. make the former militia officially join the Palestinian military and sign a mutual defense treaty with Israel having both them and the Saudis gaurentee their safty and the USA gaurentee the safety of Israel like we already do as well as Palestine . have them form a Mutual defense treaty or whatnot making an attack on Palestine and attack on Israel and vice versa

4.have Saudi money rebuild Palestine in exchange for Israeli intelligence and assistance in dealing with Iran (they both have hard ons for stopping iran) the Israelis would get their state recognized by Saudi(who speak for an entire branch of Islam)

5.set up dual recognized governments Israeli laws for them and Palestinian laws for Arabs ,but with the condidion that any attack by Israelis on Palestinians will be tried in a Palestinian court and any Palestinian attacks on Israelis will be tried in Israeli courts with Saudi and US observers

6.have the new embassy be a dual one one half Palestinian and the other Israeli

7.send inroads to Egypt to help manage the disputed territories if they are interested in such

8. have Israelis distribute power from their nuclear reactor at dimona to the west bank and gazza at discounted rates for 10 years

9. create limited joint military units that will patrol disputed territories

10.removal of the tunnels and the Palestinians forsaking any further terror attacks at the same time limit or cut back Israeli settlements

11. have Jerusalem,Mecca be declared off limits to any future wars by arab's and the Jewish state respectively

12. Palestine and friendly Arab states acknowledge Israels right to exist ,in exchange Israel will do the same for Palestine. all disputed territories will be considered dual territories with Israeli military kept in place but supported by Palestinian military as a condition as well as possible UN observers

13.(least likely to ever happen and that's saying something) Israel will disclose its nuclear arsenal and enter and sign the NNPPT (sp?) with out removal of any warheads or production facilities ,in exchange Palestinian forces will surrender all rockets and forsake future suicide bombing attacks

14.(also not likely) set up an aid plan for if Israel gets x amount of money for defense Palestine gets x amount of humanitarian aid

15. try to get Egypt involved in the process as well as Jordan

16.give the Palestinians a free trade agreement or other wise lucrative offer to incentivize the effort

17. in 2 years all former detainees on both sides will be released

18.have and educational provision for building up Palestinian schools with a emphasis on modernizing the nation and mandatory education on the conflict that prevented all this from happening for decades supported by both sides

19. in exchange for Saudi help and money Israel would give Saudi Arabia (and her allies) all intelligence and assistance in what looks like a future war with Iran as the Saudis are forming one hell of an alliance to fight the Iranians

www.timesofisrael.com...
this talks about the new Saudi coalition
www.theguardian.com... another link on how alliances are changing in the middle east

may be a pipe dream but its how id do it ,but if arch foes Saudi and Israel can form an alliance against a common foe(of a different branch of Islam to boot) a lot could be accomplished to help the Palestinians and make them more then just a talking point used by Arab states against the Israelis ,Faustian deal for sure but one that would benefit the Saudis and Israelis more then most has in the past few decades and represent a huge power shift in the region

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I just found out that we all just got played by trump.

Here's the info I just learned.
In 1995 the congress officially declared that they would move the embacy to jeruslem.
Right after that then president bill clinton signed a waver that would table that move for six months.
Six months later he signed that waver again. This waver has been signed by every US president every six months for the last 22 years. Trump signed that waver in june and then again this month. So nothing can happen with this move for at least another six months and at that time My guess is just like all those who came before him he will sign it again.

Trump is not the one who decided that the US would recognize jerusalem as the capital of israel. Bill clinton and the 1995 congress did. All trump did today was tell us about something that happened 22 years ago and then immediately signed a waver tabling the move for another 6 months.

I feel like a sucker for even caring about this.
Why the hell would trump go on tv and tell us about something good that bill clinton had done , claim it as his idea and then kick it down the road for another six months??

Because he plans on allowing to happen.

But yes, you are right, this is something that Bill clinton did with a bipartisan effort.

Now watch in amazement at ats and the media as people decry trump for being an evil pig for doing this.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well, he doesn't expect to actually move the embassy for 'another four to six years", so what's he done? other than flap his mouth? Seriously, I don't know. Other than words, what's he done?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and that the United States Embassy to Israel will be relocated to Jerusalem as soon as practicable.

From the White House.
You just keep showing over and over again your lack of knowledge, and overly dependence on your tabloid news.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and that the United States Embassy to Israel will be relocated to Jerusalem as soon as practicable.

From the White House.
You just keep showing over and over again your lack of knowledge, and overly dependence on your tabloid news.

I've had about enough of your inane insults. Typically I don't bother with you because I believe you are rather on the low-brow side. Do yourself a favor and stfu.

I haven't turned on the news since I got sick of seeing those worms in the NK's stomach, as if it's any of your business.
You obviously have an agenda, but doubt you are paid for it because quite frankly, you don't seem bright enough to be paid.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Trump is just saying it like it is. Jerusalem is an Israeli city since fifty years, Israeli military walk the streets and Israeli law runs the place. Jerusalem is Israel

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Other than words, what's he done?

What he's done is given Israel lip service.

Lip service that's now going to cost every other allied country millions of dollars because we'll all have no choice now but to put our money where our mouths are when the first missile gets lobbed.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You don't engage in any sort of meaningful discussion with anyone, simply because you lack any concrete knowledge about these subjects.

You post your opinion without even bothering to check the facts, and then you try to play the victim card when called out for it.

I don't get money; i get satisfaction by exposing BS.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Useless insulting bs as usual.

Your opinions seem largely about me lately. Have you got a crush on me sweetie pie?

edit on 12/6/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You don't engage in any sort of meaningful discussion with anyone, simply because you lack any concrete knowledge about these subjects.

You post your opinion without even bothering to check the facts, and then you try to play the victim card when called out for it.

Well, Angel is correct. He has not done anything different than those that came before him.

He signed the waiver.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Well, Angel is correct. He has not done anything different than those that came before him.

He signed the waiver.

So all this hand-wringing about inciting violence is just so much bull # and political pandering. Figured as much...
edit on 6-12-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Funny that some in Congress are bitching about this. I wonder if they're among the 90 Senators that voted Yea on this.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well yeah. He signed the waiver, and speculating that the move wouldn't occur for 4-6 years, and he won't even be in office by then.

Much ado about nothing. Another diversion tactic.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

He signed the waiver.

So all this hand-wringing about inciting violence just so much bull # and political pandering. Figured as much...

Yes, that seems to be true.

In the same vein, all this joy about Trump standing-up for Israel and doing the right thing is also BS and political pandering.

It appears both sides of the issue are not much different from one another.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If she's right, which she's not, show me the proclamation of any previous president?
You have it on the White House site. He's the first one to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

You even have the prime minister of Israel calling it a historic decision. Please.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

He signed the waiver.

So all this hand-wringing about inciting violence just so much bull # and political pandering. Figured as much...

Yep.

Funny isnt it.

It will be a shame if people do actually commit violence becaause they listened to those that were hand wringing.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
There will be hundreds to die over this.

Well yeah. He signed the waiver, and speculating that the move wouldn't occur for 4-6 years, and he won't even be in office by then. 

Much ado about nothing

At least you're consistent. I appreciate your moderating voice in these trying times...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Hopefully this is the link to the actual who voted Yea for thisLink to vote

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join