It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well, I mean they have nothing but faux concern and outrage over everything else. Why not this?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: angeldoll
There will be hundreds to die over this.

Well yeah. He signed the waiver, and speculating that the move wouldn't occur for 4-6 years, and he won't even be in office by then. 

Much ado about nothing

At least you're consistent. I appreciate your moderating voice in these trying times...

Hahahahahaha!!!!

What a difference a few hours can make!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well yeah. He signed the waiver, and speculating that the move wouldn't occur for 4-6 years, and he won't even be in office by then. 

Much ado about nothing

At least you're consistent. I appreciate your moderating voice in these trying times...

Oh man! I starred your post before I realized you were being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: introvert

If she's right, which she's not, show me the proclamation of any previous president?
You have it on the White House site. He's the first one to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

You even have the prime minister of Israel calling it a historic decision. Please.

From what I can tell, the post from Angel that you responded to said nothing about Israel being the capital. It only referenced the location of the embassy.

As far as Trump being the first to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, again, I fail to so what Trump has done other than what Angel suggested...political lip service.

It serves no other purpose.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Grambler, it was before I realized he had signed the waiver, and that he hadn't actually done anything but talk.
So that is the reason for the change.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Grambler, it was before I realized he had signed the waiver, and that he hadn't actually done anything but talk.
So that is the reason for the change.

Oh no I get it.

The point is this is why rushing to judgement about how this will cause deaths is a bit hysterical.

Tragically, some people may hear people initial reactions before being fully informed, and use that as an excuse for violence.

I hope not, but what a tragedy that would be,

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Much ado about nothing

Oh man! I starred your post before I realized you were being sarcastic.

Haha just giving you grief, my high-brow friend

Maybe next time don't go off half-cocked with all the emotive # political hackery!

And I gave a star back so we're even

edit on 6-12-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Now it seems like that monster trump is vall8my on Saudi Arabia to lift it's blockade of Yemen..

www.zerohedge.com...‘immediately’-end-yemen-blockade

I wonder how this will be spun to make trump seem like a Muslim hating xeonophobe?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Is that the Roman created Jehovah (Jupiter) ya talking about?

When I see a god stop all violence on this Earth then it may earn my respect.

All I see is man attacking man and using some god as a rationalization.
edit on 6-12-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Jefferton
Hey, meddling in foreign affairs is what the USA does best...

Right???

How is where the U.S. decides to put it's embassy meddling in foreign affairs?

Ah, time flee to the mountains.
"16 then let those in Judea flee to the mountains.…"

Matthew 24-15 So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Oh well. Introvert seems to think I'm fine, and that's good enough for me!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Maybe you should look up many countries don't recognize Jerusalem as the capital..heres a few for you to ponder.

en.wikipedia.org...

Japan: "Japan cannot recognize such a unilateral change to the legal status of an occupied territory, which is in total violation of the relevant United Nations resolutions." "Japan believes that issues relating to Jerusalem should be resolved through the permanent status negotiations between the parties concerned, and until such a solution is achieved both parties should refrain from taking any unilateral action relating to the situation in Jerusalem."[99]

South Korea: South Korea does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Its embassy is located in Tel Aviv.[100]

Norway: "Norway considers the Israeli presence in East Jerusalem to be in violation of international law, as does the entire international community."[101]

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

but Trump is the one who decided to start poking the bear to begin with.

It appears that this will just be waived as has been happening since 1995
Just keep kicking the can down the road

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Why did trump do this??"

scraedtosleep states

So far trump as done the same thing by signing the six month waver

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Actually Rome started it - its a fact
Occupied Roman territory = pesky think "history"

wiki

The history of the Jews in the Roman Empire traces the interaction of Jews and Romans during the period of the Roman Empire (27 BC – AD 476). ... The Roman general Pompey in his eastern campaign established the Roman province of Syria in 64 BC and conquered Jerusalem in 63 BC.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Maybe you should look up many countries don't recognize Jerusalem as the capital..heres a few for you to ponder.

en.wikipedia.org...

Japan: "Japan cannot recognize such a unilateral change to the legal status of an occupied territory, which is in total violation of the relevant United Nations resolutions." "Japan believes that issues relating to Jerusalem should be resolved through the permanent status negotiations between the parties concerned, and until such a solution is achieved both parties should refrain from taking any unilateral action relating to the situation in Jerusalem."[99]

South Korea: South Korea does not recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Its embassy is located in Tel Aviv.[100]

Norway: "Norway considers the Israeli presence in East Jerusalem to be in violation of international law, as does the entire international community."[101]
Whether Japan, South Korea or Norway accepts or rejects is of little consequence ultimately...

You do bring up a good point however.
Time will solve the acceptance issue hopefully.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Plotus because: Purveyor of PEZ dispensers

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

nymag.com... where did you see 4-6 years? the articles i found said 4-6 months for logistical reasons

President Trump is set to announce on Wednesday that the U.S. recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, in a break with long-standing U.S. policy that is likely to please almost no one while possibly inflaming tensions across the Middle East. But, Bloomberg reports, Trump is holding off on actually moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem for at least another six months by signing a waiver to keep the building in Tel Aviv.

www.aljazeera.com...

US President Donald Trump has signed a waiver to delay relocating the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, the White House says. The decision avoids a controversial step that would have complicated his efforts to restart long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian talks. "[Trump] has repeatedly stated his intention to move the embassy," the White House said in a statement on Thursday. Trump holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials "The question is not if that move happens, but only when." The White House said Trump "made this decision to maximise the chances of successfully negotiating a deal between Israel and the Palestinians".

if your talking about building a new embassy that makes more sense as a whole lot of logistics goes into that

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

All I see is man attacking man and using some god as a rationalization.

I hope you didn't expect any disagreement on this?

Is that the Roman created Jehovah (Jupiter) ya talking about?

Hard to say how many names he's had down thru the ages and
many civilizations. But he does seem to always be there.

When I see a god stop all violence on this Earth then it may earn my respect.

So you would respect a tyrant God who disallows mans ability
to make his own choices? Even the choice to kill each other in
his name? I'm sure you realize belief in this God and the three
different religions involved are in no way hinged on your
respect?

How can you say it so perfectly.
( man attacking man and using God )
Then turn right around and make this God
responsible?

Your respect just doesn't look very attrctive IMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If everyone ate halal food, stopped eating bacon,

Felafel on Pita with Bacon and chili sauce is yummy - a fried caged egg is optional!.

Bacon cures all the worlds problem - its just that the Jews and Muslims haven't caught on yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Does it bother you that the President had bi partisan support with this or is it just something that Donald Trump did that bothers you ?

This announcement has been a part of both parties platform since 1995...Trump is following what the law says to do. Sign a wavier like all the others or actually follow the law ?

I would be surprised if this is not a planned tool designed to get the Arabs to the peace table, tell them okay we will not move it if you sit down and talk. It is not Israel unwilling to talk peace but a group of known international terrorist that refuse to even recognize Israel as a nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join