It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US families urged to EVACUATE military bases near Seoul amid fears North Korea WAR 'close'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's cool, haters can hate all they want. Chances are we would still show up to save your asses when the time came, cause that's how America rolls. I can only hope the same true is for your respective nations, which once again go unmentioned.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
It's cool, haters can hate all they want. Chances are we would still show up to save your asses when the time came, cause that's how America rolls. I can only hope the same true is for your respective nations, which once again go unmentioned.

All the US does is it likes to take the glory of other nations in the attempt to create a façade that makes it seem like they were the ones who won the whole war. Such as WW2 for instance.

You forget that there are equally capable countries with equal if not better firepower. The Abrams tank uses a gun created by Rheinmetall from Germany. Yet people think that tank is as American as they come.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I can only hope the same true is for your respective nations, which once again go unmentioned.

Didn't know that bout the Abrams, TIL.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I don’t think they hate Americans. I think they are very disappointed in us. With good reason. WW2 was a righteous war. After that, it’s just been invasions and splitting countries apart by feeding endless weapons.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Would you care to come up with some solid proof about what you have written above?

Yeah, Otto Warmbier.

North Koreans routinely escape and make their way to South Korea. Listen to some of their interviews.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To be fair I am disappointed in us too sometimes, tho mostly because we gave up on our space program, not because of the war's bit. That would have happened regardless, cause ya know...

WAR NEVER CHANGES.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I say let YOU USA warmongers get on with it and accept the HATE that the rest of the planet sends to you in the years after you drop YET another bomb to show that you are still the school bully!

You warmongers are so full of yourselves...

Sadly

Lags

I didn't get back online until just now - sorry about the late response.

I am concerned that if we do not conduct a pre-emptive strike, that North Korea will unleash all it's got. Not just nukes, but chemical and bio weapons as well. The sanctions have not worked thus far and Kim is also resistant to diplomacy.

I don't want to see anyone die, but the outcome, imho, will be worse if the Trump Administration keeps up with its "strategic patience" policy it claimed to have abandoned.
edit on 4-12-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I say let YOU USA warmongers get on with it and accept the HATE that the rest of the planet sends to you in the years after you drop YET another bomb to show that you are still the school bully!

Sadly

Lags

Excuse me????... , isn’t it NK lobbing ICBMs and missles over Japan’s bow and threatening the annhiliation of SK,US, and Japan?

Get your sht straight and learn about current events before spouting your hateful bullsnip

The US sure had its share of issues and screw ups, but NK isn’t one of them, and if they ever decide to start dropping hell from the sky you’ll be screaming for Countries like the US and UK to do something

So set your uninformed ass down, and learn a bit about what’s actually going on and who NK and Kim are before spouting your hateful rhetoric

Amen!

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
China is following a very specific strategy, and one that has been used time and time again, and in most circumstances very successfully.
Like any high stakes game, one does not reveal its strategy or hand until at the correct moment. So to most, it appears as though China is not going to do anything, but like most things appearances, it is deceiving.

If you look at history and especially in Korea, initially China did nothing, sit back and watch, quietly build up forces, and move them into position. As North was about to win the UN forces were reinforced and starting to push back, and once again China gave very few indications and was building up forces and assets, getting them into position. As the North was pushed back, China gave one warning, that all who needed to hear such, chose to ignore, and when that point was crossed, China moved in, taking the UN forces by surprise and pushing them back hard and fast, eventually the current DMZ was agreed on and settled on. Make no mistake, China always has a plan and will move when it is needed and not one moment before hand.

In this current round between North Korea and the west, in short you have 2 hot headed leaders trying to prove something. And one of them is not a big fan of history. North Korea always threatens the US, taunts and tends to do everything to get attention. Trump turned around and made a threat.

Here is how it will play off. If North Korea throws the first punch and attacks the USA, then China will move in to either remove Kim and take over North Korea as a protectorate, or will stand back and let the world come in and do such. Though I suspect that China would be more than willing to handle it quickly and quietly, while pursuing for peace and to agree to a lot of terms. However if the USA strikes first, China will join North Korea in retalitation against the USA, and that is one conflict we do not want.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: dianajune

A Question.

Why should NK give up it's Nuclear Weapons, just because The U.S. and others have asked it to do so.

Would The U.S. give up their Nuclear Weapons if asked ?

We all know the answer.

I'll answer your question with my own question:

Why should the US risk having millions of citizens killed by a madman who continues to threaten us with his wmd's?

A pre-emptive strike, imo, is in order. Stop an all-out war before it happens.

I don't want to see anyone die, but the outcome would be worse if we continue to wait.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Genghis khan killed more then double the total deaths for ww2 with swords spears and arrows we aren't even close to the 40 million he caused to die let alone his raping and pillaging

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Genghis khan killed more then double the total deaths for ww2 with swords spears and arrows we aren't even close to the 40 million he caused to die let alone his raping and pillaging

Giovanni Da Pian Del Carpini, the Franciscan friar who was sent to the Mongol Empire on a diplomatic mission by Pope Innocent IV, cited that the Mongols also engaged (very rarely) in cannibalism – with one notable incident of siege in which they had to kill one out every ten soldiers for food. Marco Polo additionally claimed that the Mongols could also subsist on the blood of their horses, which was derived by puncturing a vein in the animal’s neck and letting the blood spurt directly into their mouths.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Trust me when I say that you really do not want to see what America would be like if we were the bully so many people claim. Don't get me wrong it is a great line for ratings and upvotes and I'm certain it makes everyone feel a bit better to rag on the US, but throwing shade from afar just sounds like cowardice.

If you, or your country (which you conveniently fail to mention) has a better plan of action then knock yourselves out. It is literally one of the best times in modern history to do so, but chances are your own nation will do nothing effective until its too late. It is around this time that suddenly the big bad bully will once again become your bestest friend.

So hate on playa, hate on, cause that always solves the problem.

Sorry pal I forgot to mention : France.

And no, the rest of the planet does not need what you have been brainwashed to believe in.

The USA is not the savior of our planet...

In the past your country may have helped out in a big way for which many people are grateful but NOW is the time to stop with the war machine which makes money for you.

Give the planet a break, you are not the only people on this massive big round thing we call earth.

Warmest

Lags
You're right...We aren't the only people on the planet..But we enjoy more freedoms than anyone else on the planet, and we will fight with whatever it takes to keep us free...

You people don't really think a backwards country like NK has the wherewithal to create the weapons it has been testing, do you??? The little Rocketman is a puppet of Russia and China...

The most of us are willing to die on our feet rather than live on our knees...That's just the way we roll...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Would you care to come up with some solid proof about what you have written above?

Yeah, Otto Warmbier.

North Koreans routinely escape and make their way to South Korea. Listen to some of their interviews.
You don't see many from South Korea escaping to the North...Maybe they just don't know how wonderful it is...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I don't want to see anyone die, but the outcome would be worse if we continue to wait.

Did you mean to say "COULD be worse if we continue to wait.."?

Because you are just guessing. NK has blustered and threatened for a long time. Mostly for the benefit of their own people. And.. again.. the harshest sanctions were recent. They take a fair bit of time before their effects are felt. You say "sanction's don't work!" a rather lot.. but that doesn't make it true. Sanctions obviously have worked with many countries in the past. They can work, that's why they exist. Kim can only ignore the effects of sanctions for so long. They will eventually start to harshly bite that already impoverished country in the butt.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

a reply to: TheLotLizard

I can only hope the same true is for your respective nations, which once again go unmentioned.

Didn't know that bout the Abrams, TIL.

I’m from the US

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Sadly

Lags

I am concerned that if we do not conduct a pre-emptive strike, that North Korea will unleash all it's got. Not just nukes, but chemical and bio weapons as well. The sanctions have not worked thus far and Kim is also resistant to diplomacy.

Why would North Korea choose to end their existence now? Why not next year...or never?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: dianajune

Sadly

Lags

Why would North Korea choose to end their existence now? Why not next year...or never?

The people of North Korea is not making that choice. Kim is doing it for them. He's a fruit loop that keeps threatening the US and keeps making progress - and lots of it - on his nuclear weapons program.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
NK wants to shoot off nukes at America, any other countries want to be their target instead? Don’t worry, I’ll wait.
edit on 4-12-2017 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Since irony kept getting brought up i am kind of amused by the NK situation.

There were a LOT of people against WWII but that was before anyone really knew how bad the nazis really were.
Now we have NK and we know about heir crimes and what do we hear? Trump is hitler...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join