It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US families urged to EVACUATE military bases near Seoul amid fears North Korea WAR 'close'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Elvis_Is_Dead

Oh yes your right, Trump didn't win the popular vote did he?? Now I am confused because that does sound a little like a dictatorship doesn't it???

Yes, you are confused....

Or ironic don't you think?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA

I really enjoy how the left sees everyone they don't like as "literally Hitler" yet when Trump picks a fight with a literal fascist, they all lose their minds. Oh but NK is communist so im sure life is wonderful in their food free utopia

I think it's just difficult for normal thinking people to choose between two maniacal leaders - It's a bit like having to choose between being shot in the right leg or the left.

lol wut?

To even compare trump to Jung-un is laughable. It's not at all choosing between the two, one is the president of the US and the other is the dictator of North Korea. It does not matter what you "choose" Kim will not be the head of state

I stand corrected - I had forgotten that the majority of Americans had of course willingly voted for their maniacal leader where as North Korean people had their mad man thrust upon them.

First off, a majority did not vote for him. Secondly, how exactly is Trump so "maniacal" that he even compares to Kim? Where are the political prisoner labor camps? Where are the mass graves filled with dissidents ?

Oh yes your right, Trump didn't win the popular vote did he?? Now I am confused because that does sound a little like a dictatorship doesn't it???

Not at all, we have the electoral college which prevents California and new york dictating how the entire country runs.

I really want to put this in the least offensive way possible but i do not know how else to say this; I feel like you don't know enough about what you are talking about to have a valid opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMZA

I understand that for some people irony can be hard to grasp....thanks for helping me put my case forward.

P.s I can assure you that I understand the system. Perhaps you can re-read my posts with both of the above in mind.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Elvis_Is_Dead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: TheMZA

I understand that for some people irony can be hard to grasp....thanks for helping me put my case forward.

P.s I can assure you that I understand the system. Perhaps you can re-read my posts with both of the above in mind.

www.dictionary.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Lol I like that, you are getting the hang of this irony business.

The correct definition is here:

www.dictionary.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Or ironic don't you think?

Can't tell the difference between ironic and triggered for the left it is all the same broken record...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

We have treaties with South Korea and Japan.

I know they aren't "'Merkins", but to leave them defenseless at the hands of a madman saddens me.

That's why I put in the part when all is settled with NoKo. They are a threat to the hole south east Asia and Pacific regeion.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Irony does require a certain level of IQ that can be difficult for some to understand. I recommend starting with comedies like Brass Eye although that might be a little advanced.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Irony does require a certain level of IQ that can be difficult for some to understand. I recommend starting with comedies like Brass Eye although that might be a little advanced.

Unfortunately words in only the written form of just one line lacks the ability for good irony and just comes off as is the lowest form of wit, sarcasm...

Maybe you just need to write better... wink wink

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Unfortunately words in only the written form of just one line lacks the ability for good irony and just comes off as is the lowest form of wit, sarcasm...

Maybe you just need to write better... wink wink

I've made my point which both yourself and TheMZA helped me greatly with. I have taken your comments on board though and will in future write my posts using emoji's only, that way you might be able to understand better.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

becuase its not mutually assured destruction,mad works when both countries would be wiped out. with kim he could kill a few cities and we would glass his nation ,hell in the first korean war we stopped bombing the north because we were bombing rubble at that point and that was with conventional weapons. mad does not apply ,but it would be pretty crappy to be in one of the cities if he did decide to launch on one at them. and even the korean war was not just an american thing it was a UN action
en.wikipedia.org...

On August 29, 1950, the British Commonwealth's 27th Infantry Brigade arrived at Busan to join UNC ground forces, which until then included only ROK and U.S. forces. The 27th Brigade moved into the Naktong River line west of Daegu. Units from other countries of the UN followed: Belgian United Nations Command, Canada, Colombia,[9] Ethiopia, France, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand (16th Field Regiment, Royal New Zealand Artillery), the Philippines (Philippine Expeditionary Forces to Korea), South Africa (No. 2 Squadron SAAF), Thailand and the Turkish Brigade. Denmark, India, Norway and Sweden provided medical units. Italy provided a hospital, even though it was not a UN member. Iran provided medical assistance from the Iranian military's medical service. On 1 September 1950 the United Nations Command had a strength of 180,000 in Korea: 92,000 were South Koreans, the balance being Americans and the 1,600-man British 27th Infantry Brigade.
so even iran showed up to that party
www.defensemedianetwork.com...

but eventually 15 nations provided ground combat forces, and several others army and air force units. Those nations included Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Greece, the Netherlands, South Africa, Turkey, Thailand, the Philippines, and Belgium (whose battalion included personnel from Luxembourg). In addition, Denmark, India, Italy, Norway, and Sweden provided medical detachments. The South Koreans themselves provided a contingent of so-called “Katusas” for duty with many U.S. Army units, in addition to its own divisions, which were reformed and retrained after being badly mauled in the initial invasion and later during the intervention by Chinese forces. South Korea ended the war with three corps, 16 divisions, and nearly 600,000 men.
and its kind of rich calling us warmongers for a war we didnt even start in the first place as the north Koreans invaded the south and that's how it all got started

anzacportal.dva.gov.au...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: jedi_hamster

In this case we did, for over 50 years. Worked great for everyone didn't it?

BS. you're in the area. protecting Japan is one thing, aligning yourself with SK and playing wargames in NK's backyard is another.

USA is acting like some goddamn worldwide peace-keeping force, but the truth is, your "peace-keeping efforts" have caused more wars and deaths than all the regional conflicts combined.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I suggest you pick up a history book a little thing called Korean War in the 50s, un intervention and after the armacist is when we got involved.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: sodero
You’re seriously comparing ISIS converts getting killed by us, to a North Korean trying to escape his country, it’s death camps, and psychotic dictator, and being shot at for it????

Pretty much invalidates everything else you posted....

Again brush up on your facts about NK, and the Kim legacy, and not just what they are telling you in safe spaces and liberal hell....

Go watch some documentaries about the country, watch some documentaries showcasing its defectors

I’m amazed at how clueless people are, and actively choose to remain ignorant just so it can jive w their cognitive dissonance and group think....

and i'm amazed what you think gives you the damn right to solve other's problems without being invited. because it worked so well in Libya and other places, right?

that "mighty USA helping the world" narrative makes me want to vomit. everything USA does militarily, it does for its own benefit. unless, of course, you wanna claim you're spending billions out of pure heart and not getting anything from it.

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
I say after this is settled with NoKo pull all US military assets out of every country and bring them back to the US. Yes it would mean a lot of money lost both here and abroad. . If Russia wants to annex in the EU that's fine with me if China want Afghanistan cool.Let the other countries defend themselves and see how much the US is will be missed.

Let’s also pull all foreign aid as well....they don’t need evil America’s money

your own citizens, living on food stamps, would agree.
edit on 4/12/2017 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I suggest you pick up a history book a little thing called Korean War in the 50s, un intervention and after the armacist is when we got involved.

and of course that isn't the reason why NK hates you so much.

current situation is a mess, and i'm not saying NK isn't being run by a madman, but without USA in the equation, things could've been much different. worse for SK? perhaps. but now it's on a whole new level, and your hands are tied, because retaliatory strike by NK CAN kill millions in countries like Japan.

yet USA is playing its wargames as usual. you think you can scare the madman? if anything, you can force him to play his hand, and that won't end well.
edit on 4/12/2017 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Has the U.S. shown videos of Pyongyang getting nuked while singing songs about it?

What relevance does that have regarding the question i asked ?

None, i believe.
edit on 4-12-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Trust me when I say that you really do not want to see what America would be like if we were the bully so many people claim. Don't get me wrong it is a great line for ratings and upvotes and I'm certain it makes everyone feel a bit better to rag on the US, but throwing shade from afar just sounds like cowardice.

If you, or your country (which you conveniently fail to mention) has a better plan of action then knock yourselves out. It is literally one of the best times in modern history to do so, but chances are your own nation will do nothing effective until its too late. It is around this time that suddenly the big bad bully will once again become your bestest friend.

So hate on playa, hate on, cause that always solves the problem.

The idea that the US is in any way interested in anything other than the furthering of the Neocon agenda is preposterous. They put a liar and a braggart who is in the first stages of early onset dementia into office. He is easily moved on any point, all you have to do is tweet about it. The banking cartels running the economy and the puppet himself care not how many Americans die. They set false flags so they can sell weapons to both sides of every war. If there isn't one then they start one. There is no bully, only a sneaking hyena, corrupt and stinking of self interest. Run by a despot that reviles Democracy and Freedom.

edit on PMMonday44America/Chicago12V2017124431 by ThoughtIsMadness because: replied to early

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Again try a history book, the Korean war was not a US war, it was instigated by the North and the UN was leading the intervention so if your beef goes back to the then its not our fault we did as the United Nations directed.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with what's going on?

edit on Rpm120417v03201700000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ladies and germs, dont you realize that these missiles from NK are just poor refugees from a tyrannical regime trying to desperately escape?

Demonizing these rocket fueled refugees is not only racist, but immoral. Dont try to shoot them down, they are just looking for a better life, like everyone else on this beautiful blue marble!

Shame!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join