It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US families urged to EVACUATE military bases near Seoul amid fears North Korea WAR 'close'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It always amuses me, the people who say NK should have nukes and be allowed the same capability, are the same ones saying we need to have stricter control over psyopthss having guns in the US for fear of them losing their sht on the general public. .....funny that logic

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Right, that’s just genius let’s just let ALL nations develop nukes! Do you realize how utterly stupid that sounds? You don’t want war but you are willing to put nukes in the hands of some very dangerous and unstable nations?

Forget the fact that China and Russia disagrees with you and the top nuclear armed countries are continually negotiating with each other the reduction of their stockpiles of nukes, your solution is to let everyone have them? I’m sorry but that is a very naïve approach. I’m going to go with the conclusion that you have no idea of the implications of your so called “solution”.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It always amuses me, the people who say NK should have nukes and be allowed the same capability, are the same ones saying we need to have stricter control over psyopthss having guns in the US for fear of them losing their sht on the general public. .....funny that logic

Funny logic indeed. It seems they only take their head out of their asses long enough to say something that makes them look foolish, then back in it goes.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
To Alien Abduct...

My suggestion was to lift any and all sanctions and let Russia mediate. North Korea might then be willing to sign a non aggression pact with a limited nuclear arsenal or some such. Then the USA might have the moral high ground for once.

No answer as to why the USA has not been sanctioned over the countless deaths in the Middle East?

edit on 5-12-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: midicon

Right, that’s just genius let’s just let ALL nations develop nukes! Do you realize how utterly stupid that sounds? You don’t want war but you are willing to put nukes in the hands of some very dangerous and unstable nations?

Forget the fact that China and Russia disagrees with you and the top nuclear armed countries are continually negotiating with each other the reduction of their stockpiles of nukes, your solution is to let everyone have them? I’m sorry but that is a very naïve approach. I’m going to go with the conclusion that you have no idea of the implications of your so called “solution”.

So why is the USA allowed to have nukes then?

Answer that one!

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I forgot to mention...

Why do “some” people from the good ol US of A get pissy and agressive with their responses! when opinions come from outside of the good ol US of A!??

Try to take a a step... even a little step... TRY... (or maybe 20) backwards and ask yourselves why many people around the globe ask serious questions about the way you people have been brainwashed to believe about the REST of the planet.

The "imaginary" wall has been put up around your country for a very long time and you are one of those behind it in my opinion...

You are not alone on your flat stretch of beautiful land... So sad...

Try thinking outside of your box.

But I bet you don't want to even try...

Warmest

Lags[
edit on 5-12-2017 by Lagomorphe because: I need bacon

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was going to star and flag until the talk of WW3. If we attack NK it will not lead to WW3.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Again try a history book, the Korean war was not a US war, it was instigated by the North and the UN was leading the intervention so if your beef goes back to the then its not our fault we did as the United Nations directed.

UN is equally to blame. so what that some country, somewhere, starts a regional war? what is it to you?

"some people are suffering, lets make some money of it, while gaining regional influence by military presence"?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: dianajune

A Question.

Why should NK give up it's Nuclear Weapons, just because The U.S. and others have asked it to do so.

Would The U.S. give up their Nuclear Weapons if asked ?

We all know the answer.

I'll answer your question with my own question:

Why should the US risk having millions of citizens killed by a madman who continues to threaten us with his wmd's?

A pre-emptive strike, imo, is in order. Stop an all-out war before it happens.

I don't want to see anyone die, but the outcome would be worse if we continue to wait.

you don't get it. there is no such thing as pre-emptive strike in this case, because NK IS able to retaliate regardless. you would be starting a war, in which millions WOULD die. SK and Japan would be the first victims of such stupidity.

only in this case, USA would take the blame as the side that started it, and rightfully so. luckily, people like you are not in charge.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

:facepalm:

You really DO need to pick up a history book.

The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Got that? You and how many others on here keep using those words "start a war", showing just how much you do not know nor understand the history of Korea.

Let me say it again so you can get it through your head: The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Understand?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

move to Tokyo, warmonger from there.

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Lagomorphe
If you, or your country (which you conveniently fail to mention) has a better plan of action then knock yourselves out.

there is one, one which USA always fails to follow: stay the f... out.

That’s not a solution. Doing nothing while a psycho builds ICBM’s and threatens to destroy your country is not only Irresponsible it is also dangerously stupid.

So I ask, do you have a solution? Because doing nothing is not a effing solution.

sitting there and causing problems for all those years, while playing your wargames - that's stupid and that's the reason of NK's attitude.

at least part of it. another part is, they're obviously being supplied by china and/or russia. in the end, they're just keeping USA on its toes, nothing more. didn't do a thing for decades, won't do anything now, UNLESS forced to.

and trust me, someone, somewhere, is counting on that "pre-emptive" strike, that will cause all the hell to break loose.

this threat is a possibility, not a certainty. getting trigger-happy because of it - that's the most stupid thing to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

:facepalm:

You really DO need to pick up a history book.

The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Got that? You and how many others on here keep using those words "start a war", showing just how much you do not know nor understand the history of Korea.

Let me say it again so you can get it through your head: The Korean War NEVER ENDED.

Understand?

get down from your high horse and think a little.

there's a subtle difference between sabre-rattling over the border, and killing millions by launching nukes. i'm perfectly aware that their "war" never ended. thing is, you want to blow it out of proportion. screw your allies, screw millions in SK, screw millions in Japan, lets show that madman we can bomb his backyard, because we're the mighty USA, right?

stick your nose out of your history books and look at the current situation, caused at large by USA's presence in the region.

but sure, the fact that the war never ended, is a perfect excuse for the USA military to stay there, right? who cares that it causes more problems than it solves.
edit on 5/12/2017 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: dianajune

A Question.

Why should NK give up it's Nuclear Weapons, just because The U.S. and others have asked it to do so.

Would The U.S. give up their Nuclear Weapons if asked ?

We all know the answer.

I'll answer your question with my own question:

Why should the US risk having millions of citizens killed by a madman who continues to threaten us with his wmd's?

A pre-emptive strike, imo, is in order. Stop an all-out war before it happens.

I don't want to see anyone die, but the outcome would be worse if we continue to wait.

you don't get it. there is no such thing as pre-emptive strike in this case, because NK IS able to retaliate regardless. you would be starting a war, in which millions WOULD die. SK and Japan would be the first victims of such stupidity.

only in this case, USA would take the blame as the side that started it, and rightfully so. luckily, people like you are not in charge.

Bang on young Luke...

Warmest

Lagomorphe

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So why is the USA allowed to have nukes then?

Answer that one!

Thank you

Because, like China and Russia, U.S. was a superpower that acquired (and sadly invented) nukes. Should they have nukes? Nope.. no one should, imo. But that ship has sailed. The only way a country with nukes will put those nukes away, is once they have developed an even more powerful weapon to replace it. Sad, but it's true. As far as why.. who is going to take away nukes from Russia, from China, from the U.S., or any country that has them? You can't.. because nukes.

I understand you are not happy about it.. I'm not, and probably most people aren't. But it's reality. The answer to the nuke problem is certainly not "let's give more countries nukes!" And VERY certainly not those countries with a chain of command of one person, who run a dictatorship, are cruel to their OWN people, and threaten death to their neighbors and enemies on a very regular basis. Just doesn't make sense. That's why it's "not ok."

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's not a high horse.

It's fact: How can you formulate a correct opinion if you speak on an area that you are ignorant of?

Anyone that comes on here with a "have it all figured out", or tries to points fingers, when they do not even have a basic understand of the history here, is something that no one should really pay attention to.

Are you in fact aware of the history of Korea? So far your posts show NO you are not.

The US didn't stick it's nose into anything. Korea had been occupied by Japanese forces during WW2. At the end of the war, allied forces occupied Korea, which was in complete disarray.

This is also when the Cold War started. The USSR had it's own ideas what should be done there, and western Allied forces had other ideas.

So a line was drawn, just like in Germany. N. Korea was set up by the USSR, while S. Korea was set up by western forces.

Then a few years later the Soviets pretty much just abandoned N. Korea.

1950 N. Korea invaded S. Korea with no provocation other than they simply wanted S. Korea (hows that for aggression?).

The newly formed UN (let me stress that again: UN) is who fought in that war. US forces made up the bulk of that (of course...we always make up the bulk of it because too many other countries just can't seem to pull their weight in the UN).

In 1953 A Truce was declared....not a peace treaty. UN forces (again, let me stress that since you showed in your last post you STILL have not learned about Korea) agreed to stay. Why? BECAUSE THE WAR NEVER ENDED.

Understand now?

Since that truce, N. Korea has violated it over and over and over and over and over and over, several times with the death of people involved.

Then, starting in 1996, N. Korea said it would no longer honor the truce.

Understand even more now? THEY, NORTH KOREA said they would no longer honor that truce, and have stated this six times since 1996....

Who's the "war mongers" now?

Again: you and others on here REALLY need to pick up a book once in a while and learn some history.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

It's not a high horse.

It's fact: How can you formulate a correct opinion if you speak on an area that you are ignorant of?

Anyone that comes on here with a "have it all figured out", or tries to points fingers, when they do not even have a basic understand of the history here, is something that no one should really pay attention to.

Are you in fact aware of the history of Korea? So far your posts show NO you are not.

The US didn't stick it's nose into anything. Korea had been occupied by Japanese forces during WW2. At the end of the war, allied forces occupied Korea, which was in complete disarray.

This is also when the Cold War started. The USSR had it's own ideas what should be done there, and western Allied forces had other ideas.

So a line was drawn, just like in Germany. N. Korea was set up by the USSR, while S. Korea was set up by western forces.

Then a few years later the Soviets pretty much just abandoned N. Korea.

1950 N. Korea invaded S. Korea with no provocation other than they simply wanted S. Korea (hows that for aggression?).

The newly formed UN (let me stress that again: UN) is who fought in that war. US forces made up the bulk of that (of course...we always make up the bulk of it because too many other countries just can't seem to pull their weight in the UN).

In 1953 A Truce was declared....not a peace treaty. UN forces (again, let me stress that since you showed in your last post you STILL have not learned about Korea) agreed to stay. Why? BECAUSE THE WAR NEVER ENDED.

Understand now?

Since that truce, N. Korea has violated it over and over and over and over and over and over, several times with the death of people involved.

Then, starting in 1996, N. Korea said it would no longer honor the truce.

Understand even more now? THEY, NORTH KOREA said they would no longer honor that truce, and have stated this six times since 1996....

Who's the "war mongers" now?

Again: you and others on here REALLY need to pick up a book once in a while and learn some history.

No one clearly understands Terminal as the USA MSM is constantly pushing the same biased narrative around the world... IMO!

The sheep sadly follow the one in front...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

Soviets abandoned NK, yet UN decided to stay - but in reality, it's the USA there right now, and has been for the past decades. if you claim otherwise, how about chinese or russian forces joining you there? no? do not want? then stop using UN as an excuse.

as for the truce, tell me something i don't know. the question is, why do you care? guilt perhaps? because it's UN's and USA's meddling that caused the whole divide, and now is the cause of people suffering there? did i say at any point Russia isn't to blame? or UN? no. you're all to blame. but USA should just gtfo from SK long time ago and stick to protecting Japan, letting koreans solve their problems on their own.

instead, USA is using UN and a regional "war" as an excuse to stay there, while China and/or Russia are using the whole situation as an excuse to arm the madman behind the doors. excuses, excuses. both sides are fueling the conflict there, and if they'll continue to do so, it'll end badly.

of course NK's madman is the warmonger, but so are the people claiming that pre-emptive strike on NK would solve anything - it wouldn't, it would cause the death of millions in SK and Japan. again, NK has been sabre-rattling for quite some time already. if they would turn their "war" with SK into an open conflict, especially involving nukes, it would be a suicide for them. attacking Japan or any other nation - again, suicide. it's a playfield for both USA and China/Russia. if WW3 ever starts there, it'll be orchestrated by BOTH sides. NK is just a puppet.

learn to read what others have to say, otherwise we have nothing left to discuss.
edit on 5/12/2017 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Because, like China and Russia, U.S. was a superpower that acquired (and sadly invented) nukes.

Last time i checked, Nuclear Weapons where invented by The U.S. Britain and Canada in a joint effort.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: fleabit

Because, like China and Russia, U.S. was a superpower that acquired (and sadly invented) nukes.

Last time i checked, Nuclear Weapons where invented by The U.S. Britain and Canada in a joint effort.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nope.

The USA hired ex German Nazis...

Google is your friend.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 5-12-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Bang

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join