It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Xcathdra

I would agree that context is key here.

And it would depend upon the context of the reason for making contact with the foreign government.

We know the context: it's spelled out in the agreement. The contact occurred after the election, and was about asking the Russian ambassador to tone down Russia's response to the sanctions. Nothing earth-shattering. Given that Trump was the president-elect, most people would say there was nothing improper about it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Admittedly this is pure speculation, but I'll just throw it out there because similar things have happened before (Patraeus):

There are a number of reasons a plea deal can be made. I have a new option we may consider. Perhaps Flynn doesn't have much of anything, but his crimes weren't that serious either, mostly procedural. As has been pointed out here several times, his activities in Russia weren't really illegal, what was illegal was that he didn't report it properly and register. Perhaps Mueller hasn't found much of anything, and he didn't want his major "accomplishment" in this investigation to be sending a man who served his country faithfully for 30+ years to a major prison sentence over some technicalities.

Again, there's no reason to think that's the case, I'm just speculating. Not outside the realm of possibility.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What a great thread.

The only fact is Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

Everything else is pure spin, rumors and conjecture.

If Hillary's transition team talked to the Russians, that is okay because that is what someone who is moving into the White House does.

If Trump's transition team talked to the Russians, then that is proof of some heinous crime because there is no way he could have got elected without cheating and colluding with the Russians.

Film at 11.
edit on R172017-12-01T12:17:13-06:00k1712Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It's what the deal was that's the question. The qid pro quo.
We know he could have charged Flynn with much heavier charges so what did he agree to?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

So right now, we have nothing that really says anything of the magnitude that left wants to imagine.

What are they imagining?

Huh?

You don't see all the posts here?
it's almost like some think Hillary will be installed as President.

That is exaclt the argument the left is making.

Remove Trump.
Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office.
Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her.

If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Get over it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

So right now, we have nothing that really says anything of the magnitude that left wants to imagine.

What are they imagining?

Huh?

You don't see all the posts here?
it's almost like some think Hillary will be installed as President.

That is exaclt the argument the left is making.

Remove Trump.
Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office.
Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her.

If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

That is my favorite part. Some of these wackos still think Clinton is gonna wind up in the White House as a result of this.

link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

lol... that was me. and no, it's not something I would like to happen. it's just something that I've seen a few psychics predicting...
but, why not bring it into the conversation on ATS, where there's been quite a few discussions portraying trump as someone destined by divine powers, foretold by ancient texts to do great things...
or the two, I find the psychic's predictions although being really unlikely, being more believable that god is being guided by the hand of a divine god... which, it seems is believed by far more people than probably even heard of these few psychics...

and although that scenario is very much improbably, it is not impossible. like I said in the post, it would require that the election was found to have been compromised enough to deem the results as being unreliable..
or that the investigation found that there was many more people involved in the collusion, so many as to bring down the chain of succession or lend enough doubt about the republican integrity..
whatever would bring such a thing about, it would be a major constitutional crisis, a situation that our founders failed to foresee and outline a solution for.

and no, the psychics aren't predicting that hillary gets the presidency, only that she is given another chance, if she chooses to take it...

edit on 1-12-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

link   

And it would depend upon the context of the reason for making contact with the foreign government.

Everything I am seeing being reported is it was a matter of course to reach out to the various nations and several of those contacts dealt with an upcoming UN vote that would fall on Trumps watch.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Everything I am seeing being reported is it was a matter of course to reach out to the various nations and several of those contacts dealt with an upcoming UN vote that would fall on Trumps watch.

In another words, another anticlimax.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Mind you own business as to my education. I'm sure my NYC schools were better than the ones in butcher holler.
There were NO LIES from Hillary.
Put up or shut up is what we said in my neighborhood. Whadda ya got?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

first i've heard of it. are you sure you didn't just read infowars claiming that's what us liberals are talking about?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Remove Trump. Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office. Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her. If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

I haven't seen that. It's up to you to provide sources; you made the claim.
edit on 1-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

i thought it was funny, and true. Get a sense of humor guy...

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's what the deal was that's the question. The qid pro quo.
We know he could have charged Flynn with much heavier charges so what did he agree to?

Well no we, nor you, know that he could have been charged with other crimes. Lying to the FBI is a stand alone charge that does not need another crime to accompany it.

There was no quid pro quo in a legal sense if all they talked about was Russia, sanctions and withdrawing from Ukraine.
There is also no quid pro quo discussing an upcoming UN vote.

Now - agreements can be made between governments, like Kennedy, missiles in Cuba and the US missile removal from Turkey 6 months later.

Quid pro quo are not necessarily illegal (they are in politics's though). For example the Democratic rep from Pennsylvania paying his opponents to drop their primary bids for the seat he wanted.

In exchange for money, they dropped out of the primary.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ho ho ho. You wish.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
The #resisters must be so excited they can't sit still. First the illegal got off all the serious charges (take that DRUMPFT!!!!) and now Flynn gets charged with a minor crime. These are the type of "wins" they're reduced to taking.

Flynn got one hell of a deal here. There was a very clear cut case against him for actual treason. This is basically a slap on the wrist.

That means there's something huge in the pipeline for whoever he just flipped on.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It looks like Trump and Mueller are working together after all!

Hillary also lied to the FBI. Can't convict Flynn without throwing Ms. Pantsuit into the grinder too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Mind you own business as to my education. I'm sure my NYC schools were better than the ones in butcher holler.
There were NO LIES from Hillary.
Put up or shut up is what we said in my neighborhood. Whadda ya got?

when you consistently present false and misleading information / outright lies I will raise the issue of your background and education.

The only person unable to accept reality in this area is you.

Explain to us, legally, how a warrant cannot be obtained legally and are always correct.

You cant because its a lie and several US Supreme Court rulings bear that out.

You want to stop being called out then educate yourself on he topic.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

first i've heard of it. are you sure you didn't just read infowars claiming that's what us liberals are talking about?

I dont use infowars as a source.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join