It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Is Kushner next? Bloomberg link

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn's guilty plea Friday for lying to the FBI is alarming news for Donald Trump. But the first person it's likely to jeopardize will be the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Flynnished Friday is fantastic.

Did Jared Kusher lie about contacting the Russian ambassador? Because the contact itself is totally innocuous. It concerned an upcoming vote in the UN. The only possibility of an offense lies in the Logan Act, which was signed by John Adams, and has been growing mold in a forgotten corner of the archives ever since. Unless Kusher lied under oath about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

So right now, we have nothing that really says anything of the magnitude that left wants to imagine.

What are they imagining?

Huh?

You don't see all the posts here?
it's almost like some think Hillary will be installed as President.

That is exaclt the argument the left is making.

Remove Trump.
Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office.
Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her.

If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

That is my favorite part. Some of these wackos still think Clinton is gonna wind up in the White House as a result of this.

Funny, I only ever hear the right carrying on about Clinton somehow getting into the White House. I'm confused...is that a trigger or a dog whistle?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

and its entirely plausible his only crime was lying to the FBI.

As has been pointed out numerous times now. Meeting with / speaking with the Russians is not against the lie.

Lying to the FBI is, which Flynn was charged with and plead guilty to. If he has nothing else to give then it makes sense to remove that piece from the playing field and move from there.

The same thing happened with George Papadopoulos, who was charged and plead guilty.
Manaforts team is doing what a lot of said would occur. Challenging the validity the search warrant in addition to moving to prevent certain items from being used as evidence since they were outside the scope of the warrant in question.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It is the hope of the left. Maxine Waters is an example of that. Clinton refusing to accept the results of the election is example of it. The Trump must be impeached mindset by the left is an example of it.

After Clinton / the left painted Trump with a litany of false accusations she still lost. Losing was bad but add in the salt into the wound that the majority of people in a majority of states still opted to vote for Trump rather than Clinton speaks volumes.

$1.2 Billion dollars wasted by Clinton.
Loss of the White House
Failure to regain the Senate
Failure to regain the House

and Trump is still your President if you are a US citizen.

It says a lot about Clinton when a person as bad as Trump (as the left points out everyday) is the preferable choice. The said part is the left cant accept the facts.

thus, he we are.

lol... what does ANY of that have to do with the fact that you characterized a hypothetical from one random person as 'the argument the left is making'? clinton lost. i have never thought that she would be installed as president when this corrupt trump regime fell, nor have i seen ANYONE say that until you posted that article.

if that's your criteria, i guess i'm free to say that the argument the right is making is that chemicals in the water are turning the frogs freaking gay?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Because that is the scenario the left is wanting.

If you are too lazy to expand your horizons and read then thats your fault.

Feel free to follow Maxine Waters and REp. Green from Texas. He is the idiot who introduced articles of impeachment against Trump... again.

Nancy Pelosi and Schumer have told their base to stop with the impeachment crap. What does it say about the left when the voice of reason is Pelosi and Schumer.

But A for effort in trying to deflect from the facts you dont like.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ketsuko

So right now, we have nothing that really says anything of the magnitude that left wants to imagine.

What are they imagining?

Huh?

You don't see all the posts here?
it's almost like some think Hillary will be installed as President.

That is exaclt the argument the left is making.

Remove Trump.
Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office.
Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her.

If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

That is my favorite part. Some of these wackos still think Clinton is gonna wind up in the White House as a result of this.

Funny, I only ever hear the right carrying on about Clinton somehow getting into the White House. I'm confused...is that a trigger or a dog whistle?

That's because no one in your echo chamber is gonna bring the wackos on that side to light. Proof has already been provided on the previous page, if you're at all interested in the truth.
edit on 1 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You've completely ignored the link to the Newsweek article where the author was calling for exactly that scenario: Trump is impeached, then Pence resigns w/o naming a VP, making Paul Ryan the president. Then Ryan is supposed to nominate Hillary Clinton as his veep (dafuq?), and then resign himself. Go back and read it. It's a totally absurd DNC masturbation aid, but it's there for you to go ahead and read.
edit on 1-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Zero Hedge has a copy of the inductment.

Take a few minutes to go and read it. He's charged with falsely claiming that he didn't ask the Russian ambassador to avoid escalating the situation, and falsely claiming that he didn't ask him to delay a UN vote.

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only person who asks: THAT'S IT ?!?! THAT'S THE WORST THING MUELLER COULD NAIL THIS GUY ON?

Nope.

See...He was not indicted like Manafort. He was charged and pled guilty in agreement to a plea deal.

Prior to Mueller offering him a pass on multiple other charges against him and his son, he negotiates a "Proffer" statement.

Essentially Flynn put together a summary of what he would offer Mueller in exchange for leniency and a single charge that he would plead guilty to.

Mueller decided it was valuable enough to let Flynn slide. Thus the single charge and single guilty plea and an agreement of cooperation.

Flynns statement to Prosecutors included an admission that he kept a certain "High Ranking" Campaign Transition person apprised of his discussions with Russians that he lied about.

Folks in the WH are sweating buckets.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh the irony from the guy who started the lock her up chant..

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Take a few minutes to go and read it. He's charged with falsely claiming that he didn't ask the Russian ambassador to avoid escalating the situation, and falsely claiming that he didn't ask him to delay a UN vote.

I'm sure I'm not going to be the only person who asks: THAT'S IT ?!?! THAT'S THE WORST THING MUELLER COULD NAIL THIS GUY ON?

You can't lie to special investigator.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
aaannndddd.... why would Flynn say he feels like Trump abandoned him so he is flipping but in the same articles they will mention Comey and Trump saying let Flynn go?

It is a circle jerk....the msm has gotten so lazy it does not even care anymore.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Sigh. Again, so what? There's no Russian collusion there. It was concerning how Russia was going to respond to sanctions, and an upcoming UN resolution. Even if we take Flynn's claims as fact (and why should we? he's admitted to lying), there's no underlying crime.

link   

it's not, though. none of what you've said backs up that wild assertion of yours. one person saying a thing doesn't make it the position of the entire ideological persuasion, unless you're agreeing with me that the frogs being made gay is the argument the right is making?

You've completely ignored the link to the Newsweek article where the author was calling for exactly that scenario: Trump is impeached, then Pence resigns w/o naming a VP, making Paul Ryan the president. Then Ryan is supposed to nominate Hillary Clinton as his veep (dafuq?), and then resign himself. Go back and read it. It's a totally absurd DNC masturbation aid, but it's there for you to go ahead and read.

i didn't ignore it, i pointed out it was one person. it's not 'the argument the left is making' because it's one person.

my god, it's not hard to follow that logic, is it?

link   

Everyone I know on the left prefers Trump over Pence. I think you need to look twice about who is really pulling these strings.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Sigh. Again, so what? There's no Russian collusion there. It was concerning how Russia was going to respond to sanctions, and an upcoming UN resolution. Even if we take Flynn's claims as fact (and why should we? he's admitted to lying), there's no underlying crime.

Other than there's provable evidence he lied to the FBI. And that's a no-no. Clear the swamp!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

it's not, though. none of what you've said backs up that wild assertion of yours. one person saying a thing doesn't make it the position of the entire ideological persuasion, unless you're agreeing with me that the frogs being made gay is the argument the right is making?

Bingo.

They are trying to apply it to the entire Left, when many of us are simply saying we need to wait before we get ahead of ourselves.

It appears that tactic has become a convenient deflection and scapegoat as more things continue to come out on this issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Folks in the WH are sweating buckets.

Pretty sure nobody in the WH, including Flynn(not in the WH) is sweating buckets.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sigh. Again, so what? There's no Russian collusion there. It was concerning how Russia was going to respond to sanctions, and an upcoming UN resolution.

He was selling US Policy on Russia to Russians.
As far as what it was in exchange for, the "High Ranking" Campaign Official that has not been named yet that he said he was reporting to would have to answer that question.

Stay tuned

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wait wait wait.

Let me get this straight.

People think Flynn is going to roll over on Trump?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

He just pled GUILTY of LYING to the FBI!

He's now admitted to lying!

He's a worthless witness to anything!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Wait wait wait.

Let me get this straight.

People think Flynn is going to roll over on Trump?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

He just pled GUILTY of LYING to the FBI!

He's now admitted to lying!

He's a worthless witness to anything!

Unless his testimony can be corroborated and proven.

Best to wait and see what happens.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join