It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Xcathdra

Remove Trump. Pence appoints Paul Ryan as his VP, then Pence resigns since, according to the left, he illegally obtained office. Ryan then appoints Clinton as his VP and then resigns from office, giving the Presidency to her. If you guys have not seen the left talk about this scenario then you guys really need to broaden your news sources.

I haven't seen that. It's up to you to provide sources; you made the claim.

It is up to you to do research to expand your knowledge instead of relying on being spoon fed.

You dont learn anything using that method.

Newsweek - How Hillary Clinton Still Can, and Should, Become President After the Trump-Russia Investigation

To be clear, constitutional law expert Lessig is not calling for a Clinton ascendancy, but was merely playing out a hypothetical chain of events should a conspiracy be proven:

If number 1: If Trump is definitively found to have colluded directly with Russia, he would be forced to resign or be impeached.

If number 2: If Trump is removed, Vice President Mike Pence would become president.

If number 3: If Pence becomes president, he should resign too, given that he benefited from the same help from Mother Russia.

If number 4: If Pence resigns before appointing a vice president, Ryan would become president.

If number 5: If Ryan becomes president, he should do the right thing and choose Clinton for vice president. Then he should resign.

"The answer seems unavoidable: He should nominate the person defeated by the treason of his own party, and then step aside and let her become the president," Lessig writes. "Without doubt, if Ryan did the right thing, that would be the most extraordinary event in the history of America since the Confederate Army fired on Fort Sumter. But unlike that, this event would build the union, not divide it."

Lessig, who briefly ran for the Democratic nomination in 2015, adds that Clinton would then appoint Ryan to be veep out of political goodwill. Americans can only assume that while busy being a president who can read policy documents longer than one page, she'd stop her endless press tour and figure out how to keep the nation from getting nuked.

edit on 1-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Admittedly this is pure speculation, but I'll just throw it out there because similar things have happened before (Patraeus):

There are a number of reasons a plea deal can be made. I have a new option we may consider. Perhaps Flynn doesn't have much of anything, but his crimes weren't that serious either, mostly procedural. As has been pointed out here several times, his activities in Russia weren't really illegal, what was illegal was that he didn't report it properly and register. Perhaps Mueller hasn't found much of anything, and he didn't want his major "accomplishment" in this investigation to be sending a man who served his country faithfully for 30+ years to a major prison sentence over some technicalities.

Again, there's no reason to think that's the case, I'm just speculating. Not outside the realm of possibility.

Really, I think this is the most likely scenario. Remember that Flynn's involvement with Trump began & ended in under a month. Just based on the timeline, the odds he would know anything major are pretty slim. His interaction with the Russian ambassador, in the worst possible interpretation, might amount to a technical violation of the law against civilians engaging in diplomacy. Which, as the antidiluvian pointed out, is a hollow & mostly meaningless law that is almost always ignored, and has never been successfully enforced.

The work for Turkey (regarding extraditing Gullen) might be a FARA violation, but again this mainly a technical "gotcha" charge. Certainly nobody is going to argue Turkey can't request extradition for somebody. There are claims that they offered Flynn money to have Gullen kidnapped, but unless there is evidence Flynn intended to actually try this, there's no crime there.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It is up to you to do research to expand your knowledge instead of relying on being spoon fed.

if you claim everyone is talking about something no one has heard about, then yes, it is kind of on you to point out wtf you're talking about.
edit on 1-12-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is Kushner next? Bloomberg link

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn's guilty plea Friday for lying to the FBI is alarming news for Donald Trump. But the first person it's likely to jeopardize will be the president's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

Flynnished Friday is fantastic.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It looks like Trump and Mueller are working together after all!

Hillary also lied to the FBI. Can't convict Flynn without throwing Ms. Pantsuit into the grinder too.

In addition, today's SHINY OBJECT (Flynn) has once again distracted Democrats from the key Tax-Cut/Tax-Reform bill that the Senate is preparing to vote on.

The Mueller-Trump strategy continues to work its magic!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

if you claim everyone is talking about something no one has heard about, then yes, it is kind of on you to point out wtf you're talking about.

and the newsweek article is in the very post your quoted.

Scroll up and read it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep, again the stock market proves to be a good indicator. Sold off big time on the news. Now down about a quarter of a percent. lol

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ABC tweeted : MORE: Michael Flynn "is prepared to testify...against Pres. Trump, against members of the Trump family, and others in the White House," @BrianRoss reports.

James Comey‏Verified account @Comey

“But justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” Amos 5:24

Trump cancelled his press appearance today.

edit on 1-12-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: introvert
Tired of being called-out for talking out of your ass?

No that would be you and another person in this thread.

However thank you for proving my point. It makes my job easier when you willingly walk through the door.

Point is, you had no point.

Problem is you're too blind to recognize that.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Scroll up and read it.

i did. again, first i've heard of it. it's just one person talking up a theoretical situation. hardly a massive left-wing trend we're all delightfully hoping will come true. hardly 'the argument the left is making'.

edit on 1-12-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

However thank you for proving my point. It makes my job easier when you willingly walk through the door.

No i had a point and you proved it brilliantly.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
ABC tweeted : MORE: Michael Flynn "is prepared to testify...against Pres. Trump, against members of the Trump family, and others in the White House," @BrianRoss reports.

That's been posted 4 times to this thread already today. Brian Ross? His credibility was destroyed way back in 2012.
Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not distracted at all.
Believe it or not, we are capable of multitasking. I've written 9 email to my Senators, and others over the past 2 days, made 3 phone calls to Capitol Hill, and countless tweets and retweets outlining the abomination that is the GOP tax bill.

This Flynn news is a huge step in the right direction for this country. Pence will go down with the Trumps. He was the director of the transition team; he knew what Flynn was up to concerning Russia.
edit on 12/1/2017 by Olivine because: misspellings

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

lol... I like my psychic's prediction better...
I don't care how you arrange it, giving the seat to clinton will not be a unifying force.
obama coming back on a temporary basis and new elections, of which, for the good of the country, clinton should opt to not run in would be better. election should be restricted to just equal funding provided to the gov't and third party candidates should be given an equal chance, be able to participate in the debates... and the campaign season should be shortened considerably to fill the seat as quickly as possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Thanks.

Like I said, blind.

Par for the course on ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You've gotta laugh, literally the first comment on this thread was basically 'BUT HILLARY!'

Geezus wept.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Scroll up and read it.

i did. again, first i've heard of it. it's just one person talking up a theoretical situation. hardly a massive left-wing trend we're all delightfully hoping will come true. hardly 'the argument the left is making'.

It is the hope of the left. Maxine Waters is an example of that. Clinton refusing to accept the results of the election is example of it. The Trump must be impeached mindset by the left is an example of it.

After Clinton / the left painted Trump with a litany of false accusations she still lost. Losing was bad but add in the salt into the wound that the majority of people in a majority of states still opted to vote for Trump rather than Clinton speaks volumes.

$1.2 Billion dollars wasted by Clinton.
Loss of the White House
Failure to regain the Senate
Failure to regain the House

and Trump is still your President if you are a US citizen.

It says a lot about Clinton when a person as bad as Trump (as the left points out everyday) is the preferable choice. The said part is the left cant accept the facts.

thus, he we are.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The question is...who else did Flynn flip on? Flynn worked under Obama. He was there, he 'lied' and now he can be called in. Same with Mannafort. His 'story' lead to Podesta. They have been reeaaaallll quit lately. We have all the new news about the tarmac talk. New news on Obama and wiretaps. Remember, there was a story about Obama saying Trump could not trust Flynn? Why that but O busts Trumps balls whenever else he can. All a BS narrative.

Folks...this was not about Trump. Can you NOT get that yet?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Thanks.

Like I said, blind.

Par for the course on ATS.

then open your eyes and use your brain instead of demanding to be spoon fed by the children of the left corn.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I feel like Flynn gave some very big info to get off lightly (its possible he entirely avoids any jail time). In most cases a deal like that is cut to get info about someone higher up the chain. I've been reading a few attorneys and legal experts opinions lately and I dont see anyone not saying this isnt a very bad sign for Donald.

We wont know the info that Flynn gave to Mueller for awhile still. This is still a long ongoing investigation, it would likely only come out through third party indictments of other people lower on the food chain, or the report that Mueller gives to the DOJ.

I'm afraid we are gonna start hearing a lot of rumblings in the next couple weeks of people wanting Mueller fired.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join