It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: pikestaff

the utterly delusional " answer " to this - from your typical flat-tard is :

if you use a telescope then you can still see the ship

no i am not making this up - this is the level of idiocy you get from them

they run away when you ask them why you cannot use a telescope to observe the sun after sunset

You gonna testify that you personally observed , measured , detected the curve and spin ?

I would love to hear where and how .

Dude , one doesn't have to be a flatearther to point out the missing curvature and the spin of Earth .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: heineken
a reply to: 23432

Speaking of astronomy, I request that you and others who find any potential reason in 'flat Earth' answer one thing:

Please describe what causes the phases of the Moon.

I have no idea as i am not really a flat earther but more like no curvature , no spin kinda guy .

Perhaps you being the Globe kinda guy , you would testify that you observed , detected , measured the curve and spin ?

I have been looking for the spin and the curve and can't find them in real life .

Curve and Spin missing ; let's deal with these two issues first and we may look at the moon later .

Btw , how does looking up at sky help determine the shape of Earth ?

I never get the assumption ; everything in sky is round so Earth must be round too !

I digress .

No Curve = No Ball.

Thinking there is no curve and no spin would make you a flat Earth guy.

Answer my request first.

No, let's look at the Moon right now. It's not just because of 'roundness' that it is relevant.

I will repeat my request: please describe what causes the phases of the Moon.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

vs

or

vs

Now a Moon Photo

vs

If you can see it , question it .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: heineken

Speaking of astronomy, I request that you and others who find any potential reason in 'flat Earth' answer one thing:

Please describe what causes the phases of the Moon.

I have no idea as i am not really a flat earther but more like no curvature , no spin kinda guy .

Perhaps you being the Globe kinda guy , you would testify that you observed , detected , measured the curve and spin ?

I have been looking for the spin and the curve and can't find them in real life .

Curve and Spin missing ; let's deal with these two issues first and we may look at the moon later .

Btw , how does looking up at sky help determine the shape of Earth ?

I never get the assumption ; everything in sky is round so Earth must be round too !

I digress .

No Curve = No Ball.

Thinking there is no curve and no spin would make you a flat Earth guy.

Answer my request first.

No, let's look at the Moon right now. It's not just because of 'roundness' that it is relevant.

I will repeat my request: please describe what causes the phases of the Moon.

I said I have no idea .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Suppose that the answer can be deciphered through analysis, then.

We generally understand that the Moon reflects light.

Can we agree that there is one major source of light in the solar system, the Sun?

The Sun would be providing the light that the Moon reflects to the Earth, wouldn't you agree?
edit on 17Sun, 07 Jan 2018 17:17:55 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Can we agree that there is one major source of light in the solar system, the Sun?

The Sun would be providing the light that the Moon reflects to the Earth, wouldn't you agree?

I have no idea how this moon and sun light reflection issue relates to ground i live on .

Curve and Spin are what i am looking for and failing to observe , detect or measure neither .

I know that you can't testify to the curve and spin of Earth either .

How hard is this issue ?

No curve = no ball

No spin = no motion .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Guess you missed the video

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Spinning lights in the skies tells you that Earth is spinning ?

It's a presumption , surely ?

You also seemed to have missed the photos i posted above .

Really , you have no question to ask for the zigzag edges of Jupiter as oppose to smooth circle of moon ?

I am not claiming Earth is flat ; I am claiming that there is no curve nor a spin . These two notions are not mutually dependent nor mutually exclusive of one another .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I have no idea how this moon and sun light reflection issue relates to ground i live on .

Curve and Spin are what i am looking for and failing to observe , detect or measure neither .

How hard is this issue ?

No curve = no ball

No spin = no motion .

We're getting there.

If you accept that the Sun is the chief source of light in the solar system, and if you accept that the Moon reflects sunlight to the Earth, then what do you suppose causes the phases of the Moon as shown below:

edit on 18Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:40:36 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Really , you have no question to ask for the zigzag edges of Jupiter as oppose to smooth circle of moon ?

I am not claiming Earth is flat ; I am claiming that there is no curve nor a spin . These two notions are not mutually dependent nor mutually exclusive of one another .

I didn't miss your pics, they're pretty...

Spinning lights in the sky show the earth is spinning... thats called time lapse photography

said lights don't move... and they're not lights... we call them stars

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Spinning lights in the sky show the earth is spinning... thats called time lapse photography

Ignore the photoshop in action , that is up to you .

You have determined that moving lights in the sky means Earth is also moving too ?

That is a leap of faith in and of itself ; following an iconic dogma indeed .

Please look at the Earth for a change ; that is what we are talking about after all .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

How hard is this issue ?

No curve = no ball

No spin = no motion .

We're getting there.

If you accept that the Sun is the chief source of light in the solar system, and if you accept that the Moon reflects sunlight to the Earth, then what do you suppose causes the phases of the Moon as shown below:

Look , I appreciate your efforts but please understand this ; If there was an observeable , detectable and measurable curve o spin ; no one would be having a conversation such as this one we are having at the moment .

It's ok to admit that you never saw the curve nor felt the spin ; we all have the same experience when it comes to curve or spin .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You have determined that moving lights in the sky means Earth is also moving too ?

Please look at the Earth for a change ; that is what we are talking about after all .

i would love to see someone recreate that video in photoshop...

said video is of Polaris, which is the only star in the sky that is stationary... notice the rest revolve around it

Yes... this means the earth is in fact spinning...

Heres a good question for you in any case...

explain planetary retrograde in your flat earth model?

It can't be done... unless you factor in "God did it"... just decided to make planets reverse their motion

hmmm??

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
The flat earth thing is a misunderstanding that took on a life of its own, like everything else. You know there have never been any flat earthers out there, just a bunch of people who misunderstand a bunch of things. Kind of like that black knight satellite thing, you got two different groups or more of people all talking about two or more completely different things, yet each thinking there talking about the same thing.

Why bother with any of it?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

How hard is this issue ?

No curve = no ball

No spin = no motion .

We're getting there.

Look , I appreciate your efforts but please understand this ; If there was an observeable , detectable and measurable curve o spin ; no one would be having a conversation such as this one we are having at the moment .

It's ok to admit that you never saw the curve nor felt the spin ; we all have the same experience when it comes to curve or spin .

Well, see, there's a problem with that idea - which is why I'm pointing to the Moon.

The Moon is clearly round, and clearly is not emitting light on its own due the observable phases.

We can see the phases of the Moon because light from the Sun is being reflected from the Moon's surface to the Earth, which causes the various phases. The relative position of the Moon, the Sun, and the Earth yield these different phases.

Recall also that the Moon is frequently visible during the day, and the phases of the Moon are also visible when this occurs.

This implies several things:
1) The Moon must be far enough away from the Earth such that only during uncommon lunar eclipses does it cast a shadow on the Moon.
2) The Moon must also be round (not just circular) for the phases to make any conceivable sense.
3) The Earth, the Moon, and the Sun must be separate bodies in three dimensional space.

Do you agree?
edit on 19Sun, 07 Jan 2018 19:29:02 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

said video is of Polaris, which is the only star in the sky that is stationary... notice the rest revolve around it

It can't be done... unless you factor in "God did it"... just decided to make planets reverse their motion

hmmm??

I am simply looking for the missing curvature and the spin .

I can't testify to witnessing , measuring , observing , detecting the spin and the curve .

You can look at the sky and infer that the Earth must be spinning too . That is too dogmatic for my liking ; without secondary evidence , the spinning stars indicate one thing in my World ; that is the stars are spinning .

Whether you like it or not ; no one can testify to have seen the curve nor felt the spin .

To my mind this is too much cod swallop to swallow indeed .

Oh , it is ok to admit that no one can testify to this curve and spin by first hand evidence .

Admitting it won't make you a flat earther , don't worry .

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

hmmm??

I am simply looking for the missing curvature and the spin .

I can't testify to witnessing , measuring , observing , detecting the spin and the curve .

You can look at the sky and infer that the Earth must be spinning too . That is too dogmatic for my liking ; without secondary evidence , the spinning stars indicate one thing in my World ; that is the stars are spinning .

Whether you like it or not ; no one can testify to have seen the curve nor felt the spin .

To my mind this is too much cod swallop to swallow indeed .

Oh , it is ok to admit that no one can testify to this curve and spin by first hand evidence .

Admitting it won't make you a flat earther , don't worry .

Fortunately you are incorrect in your silly assumptions...

there are many people who have witnessed the curvature of the earth... and there are several members here that can testify to it... Its just a matter of one of them showing up on a flat earth thread... which is unlikely because they all belong in the trash, which is where this will end up eventually as well... or the LOL bin which is essentially the same thing

stars don't spin by the way... they're stationary... they're in the same spot every night... they move slowly over the seasons because of the slight tilt of the earth on its axis...

So, we know you consider stars to be "lights"... and wouldn't dare touch planetary retrograde...

You are clueless as to how the moon and its phases of light work...

and i believe on one or two of the previous pages you've referenced Satan... or perhaps it was another thread in the LOL bin...

simple summation... religious fundy...

sound about right?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wish they go find the damn edge of the earth. They believe it exists.

And then they should jump off it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join