It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth "conspiracy" and a glaring error by those who suppport it...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: turbonium1

www.icetrek.com...

www.icetrek.com...

www.swoop-antarctica.com...

antarctic-logistics.com...

Let me guess, those don't count because you only get to see what They want you to see.

Isn't that what 'off-limits' means?

Obviously you don't understand that.

These images are worthless.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

They're not about the images, which tells me you didn't bother to read anything on those pages. Two of those links are for ski treks, on your "off limits to everyone" continent, one to the South Pole, the other to the South Pole and back to the coast, one is hiking in various areas near the coast, and the other is a sight seeing flight over the Pole.

Search the site

HomeJoin a tripSouth Pole & AntarcticaSouth Pole Extreme Ski
SOUTH POLE EXTREME SKI
Ski the last degree to the South Pole
Overview

Description

Map
Getting There
To ski across the Antarctic plateau to the South Pole is an experience very few will realise. It remains as one of the most exacting environments on earth - cold, brittle, windswept, and remote - the very reason we offer such an expedition.

Gateway Punta Arenas, Chile
Distance 111km
Nights on Ice 12
Ski days 6
Daily Distance 19km / 10.2nm / 11.6m ave
Sled Weight 45kg
Temp. Range -20 to -30°C
Challenge 4 What's this?
Conditions Snow fields, sastrugi, altitude
Challenges Daily distance, cold management, altitude
TRIP ITINERARY

Day 1
Fly to Union Glacier base in Antarctica (weather dependent). Settle in.

Day 2
Final preparations. Local sightseeing

Day 3
Flight to 89 degrees south. Camp. Final acclimatisation to altitude (2400m).

Day 4 - 10
Ski expedition to the South Geographic Pole

Day 11
Arrive at the South Pole. Set up camp. Station tour if time permits

Day 12
Flight from South Pole to Union Glacier (weather dependent)

Day 13
Flight from Union Glacier to Punta Arenas, weather dependent. Celebration dinner

Day 1
Fly to Union Glacier Camp in Antarctica (weather dependent). Stay at Union Glacier and finalise preparations, including sled packing and pulling, skiing, camp procedures, equipment tweaks.

Day 5
Flight to 89 south, camp

Days 6
Acclimatise, prepare cache

Day 7
Arrive South Pole, camp one night

Day 8-18 approx
Ski to South Pole and back to 89

Day 19-46
Ski to coast or Union Glacier Camp

Day 47
Flight to Punta Arenas

edit on 12/31/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
That is wonderful, but they have said it is 'off-limits'.

What does 'off-limits' mean to you?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

Several countries have tourist trips with Antarctica as a destination. While some research facilities may be off limits to visitors the entire content is not. All facilities located in Antarctica are required by the treaty to be open to all signatory countries and can be inspected / overflight with notice given.

* - Antarctic Treaty System
* - Tourism in Antarctica

The Flat Earth Society shot themselves in the foot and destroyed what ounce of credibility they did have when Elon Musk asked why there was no flat Mars society. The Flat Earth people said it has been observed that Mars is round and not flat.

So only the Earth is flat and close to the sun while all other planets are round and millions of miles from the sun?
edit on 31-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

No, they have not. When you are in a hole the best thing to do is to stop digging. The flat earth theory is ludicrous and laughable and can be disproved so easily that anyone with a phone can do it. I have relatives in Oregon that (if I wanted to really annoy) I could ring right now to ask if they can see the sun.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm referring to vast areas of it being 'off-limits'.

16 areas are 'restricted'. Which includes any of the areas which would help prove a flat Earth, naturally!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Funny how Antarctica has become environmentally sensitive to the same people who have helped to destroy much of the Earth's environment over these years!!

Good one.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Funny how not one expedition to those areas prior to them becoming permit zones (they're not totally restricted just require permits to go to) found a shred of evidence supporting a flat earth.

Oh wait, I keep forgetting They just cover it up and are so completely good at it nothing gets out. It never ceases to amaze me how competently incompetent They are at covering things up.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The irony -

The Flat Earth Society forums - Antarctica is NOT off limits

This same argument about Antarctica being off limits has been raging on their site. The same arguments we made here, and rejected by some, is occurring there as well.

I just dont understand how the Flat Earth Society can claim the Earth is flat and the sun and moon are close yet also believe Mars is in fact a sphere.

If, according to Flat Earthers, the sun is this close to earth wouldn't the other planets also be close? Would we not be able to see these planets more clearly than we can now?

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I'm referring to vast areas of it being 'off-limits'.

16 areas are 'restricted'. Which includes any of the areas which would help prove a flat Earth, naturally!

What, areas like Beaufort Island, McMurdo Sound, in the Ross Sea? By the coast? A quick web search shows that those 'restricted zones' are on the coast, involving bird breeding areas. I didn't know that those areas were in the middle of the continent, where the giant hole to the interior of the Earth is! Oh wait, wrong conspiracy. Sorry!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Question for the Flat Earth believers.

With the invention of go pro cameras and balloons why dont they attach a go pro camera to a balloon and launch the sucker into orbit?

Granted there are many videos of people already doing this and thus far the images it returned show the earth as a sphere and not flat.

Discuss.

I am simply responding to this post and actually a lot of them. I am NOT saying the earth is flat. Have you ever been on a plane and looked out at the horizon? It appears flat. It always appears flat. People have attached go pro camera without a fish eye lense to a balloon and the earth horizon appears flat. I would love to hear a personal account of someone who has clearly visualized a curved earth. Lets face it , our five senses will tell us that the plane of the earth is basically flat.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Funny how Antarctica has become environmentally sensitive to the same people who have helped to destroy much of the Earth's environment over these years!!

Good one.

I have to agree with you. I find it absolutely amazing that the the only world consensus governments can come to and uphold is a treaty to protect Antarctica. The rest of the world is ripe for pillaging and looting of natural resources and we all leave Antarctica alone, even though Admiral Byrd states it is loaded with good stuff to plunder for profit. It just defies traditional logic...Trump just made another provision for the US to destroy more of Alaska wilderness for oil, but no one is going touch a basically unpopulated land mass. The treaty also includes the ice walls, they too, must be left alone. Doesn't that trigger the curiosity of anyone here no matter what you believe or think is true????

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Good one.

I have to agree with you. I find it absolutely amazing that the the only world consensus governments can come to and uphold is a treaty to protect Antarctica. The rest of the world is ripe for pillaging and looting of natural resources and we all leave Antarctica alone, even though Admiral Byrd states it is loaded with good stuff to plunder for profit. It just defies traditional logic...Trump just made another provision for the US to destroy more of Alaska wilderness for oil, but no one is going touch a basically unpopulated land mass. The treaty also includes the ice walls, they too, must be left alone. Doesn't that trigger the curiosity of anyone here no matter what you believe or think is true????

Erm, you can live in Alaska. It has seasons. Antarctica has ONE season - winter. It also has ice sheets that are miles thick.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No, this confirms my claim.

not - this confirms that you are either the worst troll ever - or a delisional idiot

which is it ???

you cannot actual;l believe your own posts - can you ???

it doesnt actually matter if the earth is a sphereoid , or flat

if it[ the moon ] is only 5000km away - you WILL see a different aspect - from diferent points 10000 km apart

this can be shown - using a tin of soup and a table [ look at the tin from 1 m away - then move 2m to the side ] - its not rocket science

this is why i suspect you are a grade 2 troll -

edit on 31-12-2017 by ignorant_ape because: clarity

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I never saw in my life on the internet a concentration of sheep in one page lol

if you cant see the fish eye lenses in high altitude videos seriously nothing can help you out..

still let me try..

This is a good start to start noticing fish eye lens manipulation

for example this is not fish eye lens

Norm al Lens

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa
I would love to hear a personal account of someone who has clearly visualized a curved earth.

I flew from the UK to Tokyo, with the sun in the same location. I then flew from Tokyo to LA, then to Ottawa and then finally the UK.

At no point did I see the same land -- i flew over different landscape the entire time, with the Sun predominantly in front and to my right, unless the plan circled the airport.

Lets face it , our five senses will tell us that the plane of the earth is basically flat.

NOt mine. I can see the sun rise from the east and cross the sky and set in the west. It doesn't 'circle' in the sky. If the Earth were flat and the Sun revolved around the 'disc' earth then there would be a time when no one had daylight -- which isnt happening.

Flat Earth people are almost as bad as the religious.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

why dont you take this ride ?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Good. A Flat Earther. I could do with a laugh. Do please enlighten me and awake me from my sheep like slumber.

Please educate me. Perhaps you can post some hilarious youtube videos that are PROOF that the ISS is fake, etc? Perhaps some of rockets hitting the "Firmament"? I am sure that no-one here could possibly debunk such PROOF?

Just throwing this out to you: Dunning-Kruger Effect. A cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate.

Common symptoms include logging on to forums such as ATS and calling educated people "sheep".

I will not charge you for providing you with this diagnosis. Consider it a freebie. And "Baaaaaaaaa!" - I'm off back to join the herd, oh wise one.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I suggest we tackle 1 by 1

We are talking right now about fish eye lens...

Do you see fish eye lens in NASA / SpaceX footage , or you believe you are seeing the curvature of Earth?

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

No, I don't really want to talk to you about this pile of steaming Wombat's doos, it would just encourage you.

I did watch your Flat Earth Chumpions video though. Hilarious!

I always like reading the comments posted below these videos and never fail to marvel at just how unbelievably dumb and gullible some people can be whilst thinking they are so much cleverer than others. See my diagnosis above - clearly there is a lot of it about.

I don't blame the education system, either - some people are just plain stupid and are beyond education.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join