It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests vs The Religious Conspiracy... Explain to Me Why Believers Believe.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

Twain's character Huck Finn claimed that "faith is when you believe in something that you know ain't true"

That is a pretty useful definition.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There's a number of people who believe they are predestined, that God can see the end - from the beginning - so He knows who will accept Him and who will not. So basically - if you believe? It's because you've been called to.

For those who are not? (Again, because God already knows who will accept and who will not)? For those who are not they're spiritually blinded, they can't hear and they've nothing to say but rebuke.

Why I believe?

Be cause I know the Lord.
I've spoken with Him.
And He is my friend.
He will never leave me, forsake me, and His promises are the ones I cling to.
His Son is the only thing there is that's everlasting and He's given me everlasting life - for such a simple reason.

Because I believe.

As for someone who reads the whole bible and ends up an agnostic (there's no such thing as an atheist)? You were not 'in the Spirit' - just the law and the book. It's a shame really.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
There's a number of people who believe they are predestined, that God can see the end - from the beginning - so He knows who will accept Him and who will not. So basically - if you believe? It's because you've been called to.

For those who are not? (Again, because God already knows who will accept and who will not)? For those who are not they're spiritually blinded, they can't hear and they've nothing to say but rebuke.

Why I believe?

I've spoken with Him.
And He is my friend.
His Son is the only thing there is that's everlasting and He's given me everlasting life - for such a simple reason.

Because I believe.

As for someone who reads the whole bible and ends up an agnostic (there's no such thing as an atheist)? You were not 'in the Spirit' - just the law and the book. It's a shame really.

Sorry, but speaking as someone who read the bible and actually studied it, it made me into the atheist that I've been for the past 30-odd years.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Sorry, but speaking as someone who read the bible and actually studied it, it made me into the atheist that I've been for the past 30-odd years.

True. Actually reading the Bible -- and a lot of the old books that were excluded from the current editions -- is one of the the quickest ways to become an atheist. Going to seminary school is probably another.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Thanks for that video!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I feel sorry that you misunderstood what God said. You will find the universe is God's playground and you will be welcomed in love to it again in your life if you bother to listen.

I once thought as you do, until agents of God spoke to me several times in my life.
edit on 3-12-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
EVERY knee will bow. When He returns. Why not bow now, when it counts.
And for anyone who says 'reading teh Bibile' makes atheists?
They. Are. Wrong. Those people are deaf and dumb and mute to the truth.
Really? You're going to belive them?

God Bless You All!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I believe in God and am a Christian. My nan and grandad brought me up and taught me a little about God but it was my own choice to go to church. My faith grew and i know that God has helped me through some really tough times in my life. It has helped me through life and i think there os no harm in having faith and being kind to others. I believe in heaven and that there has to be a better place than Earth and live in the hope of going there when i die. I feel that it keeps me going and makes life worth living. I also find comfort in what the bible says and in my faith that when things seem bad God will help me through
edit on 3-12-2017 by Kylie89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

No faith is believing without seeing

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Why I believe?

I've spoken with Him.
And He is my friend.

Because I believe.

Very well said. The Lord has spoken to me before as well. I know for a fact that he is very real. It was because I believed too...It's amazing.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Atheism is the ultimate in iirrationality

Atheists= Ask yourselves, do I have an open mind?

No one who has perjudged any issue can be
convinced of anything contrary to what they BELIEVE.

If God submited himself to the scrutiny of atheism, he
would cease being God.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Same here.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kylie89
a reply to: Salander

No faith is believing without seeing

No, faith is believing in what is not seen.

But He's there. I promise. And He will give you love and peace like you can't even imagine exists.

Prayers for you.

LOL! Edit to Add: I read your post wrong! You are right!

edit on 0033Sunday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

Religion is a means to an end. The end being the development of spirituality. Separate religion from the God concept, and you have something to work with. Explore spirituality, and most folks tend to see where religious folks are right. Call it/him/her what you want, but there sure seems to be a binding force in the universe directing or “indirecting” traffic. I’m around a lot of so-called “atheists” every day. They tend to be more agnostic as do most believers. I would recommend to keep searching, but with an open mind. I did. Then the coincidences piled up. That’s when it became fascinating.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GorillaSnoop

Religion is an attempt to train you into faith. It can be a useful guide, but there has to be certain mysticism that comes from within for you to reach what most are seeking. Religion cannot provide that. It's only the basic first step. What you're talking about, what those of us who have found are talking about come from within and without all at once and isn't to be found in the real world. It can't be quantified.

You reach out and seek from within.

And that's why I say mysticism, but religion will help guide your seeking. And that's why religion is a necessary first step for most of us.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Religion is an attempt to train you into faith

Faith in Christ does not come from religion.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Nor does faith in anything else.

But it would seem that the role of religion is to encourage faith.

(hey, man!)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

( What's up my brother !?)

Atheism tends to exalt reason, but it is actually irrational. Atheists tend to put a lot of stock in the emperical method and in logic. One cannot disprove God exists using the emperical method. You might reply: But I can't disprove a giant purple frog on Mars controls the universe, either. Granted, one can never disprove any given thing exists. The atheistic position denying God's existence, if based on the emperical method, is absurd. Why do I say that? In order to prove the assertion No God exists experimentally, one would need to comprehensively know all of reality. Comprehensive knowledge of reality is called omniscience. One would need to be omniscient in order to prove there is no God, but if one were omniscient one would, by definition, already be God! So, based on emperical methodology, the only one capable of disproving the existence of God would be God himself! But some would say you can indeed assert something does not exist if its existence is logically self contradictory, such as a square triangle. By definition it cannot exist. It is illogical for something to be a square and to also be a triangle. Again, granted, but this line of reasoning assumes logic and real meaning exist and are our basis for knowledge --something an atheist has no right to assert! The existence of God is not only logically possible, it is philosophically essential. (We'll get to that more later below.) One cannot prove logic exists unless one first presupposes a God in whom reason and meaning are transcendentally rooted, otherwise these categories are mere philosphical prejuduces. Atheism is inherently self-contradictory. The evidence for the existence of God is there for all to see, only we refuse to see it. King David wrote: The fool says in his heart there is no God. (Psalm 14:1) In other words, Atheism is irrational. Apart from God there is no basis for truth or ethics. For the sake of brevity, let's simply consider ethics.

source

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yeah. Well...

You an' me seem to have an understanding. You have your faith, I have my irrational rationalism.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We do! And agree with thoughts on religion.
But remember God has no religion.
edit on Rpm120317v02201700000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join