It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiests vs The Religious Conspiracy... Explain to Me Why Believers Believe.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I never met the fellow.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pray that you do! It would be glorious.

The anger of God is being revealed from heaven against all the Godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise they became fools2..

Same source
edit on Rpm120317v18201700000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Faith?

Faith is convincing yourself of something you don't have any evidence for.

Usually, people do this to comfort and soothe themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Faith?

Faith is convincing yourself of something you don't have any evidence for.

Usually, people do this to comfort and soothe themselves.

Oh really?

So how does bringing myself to conviction thru faith in a Creator,
Divine Holy Supreme being, Heavenly Father fit in to be so damn
soothing?

The answer is unavoidable as well as obvious.

God's existence is clearly seen in what He has made.
edit on Rpm120317v35201700000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Atheism is the ultimate in iirrationality

Atheists= Ask yourselves, do I have an open mind?

No one who has perjudged any issue can be
convinced of anything contrary to what they BELIEVE.

If God submited himself to the scrutiny of atheism, he
would cease being God.

Sorry WHAT!

Force feed religion like all kids many many years ago got to about 10 years old and thought what a crock of brown stuff.

3000+ god(s) created all over the world many way before the christian BS, many stories in the bible plagiarised fron other older texts.

gods (wont even bother with a capital) were used by man to explain things they didn't understand it's that obvious and that simple.

I mean if your god was so great why so late to the party, bible written by 40+ indivduals over 1500 years I think today it would be called fake news the odd snippet true the rest BS.

As for people claiming to hear him I have no doubt they truly believe that, does it make it true no

As for claiming what we see around us is proof NO it's the power of the natural world.

Claims made that the Earth and Universe basically everything was made by a god because what we look at now seems so fantastic.

Well that reasoning reminds me of this video.

edit on 4-12-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Atheism is the ultimate in iirrationality

Atheists= Ask yourselves, do I have an open mind?

No one who has perjudged any issue can be
convinced of anything contrary to what they BELIEVE.

If God submited himself to the scrutiny of atheism, he
would cease being God.

I'm sorry, are you saying that not believing in a big bearded person in the sky who performs magic tricks is somehow irrational?
Yes, I do have an open mind. It was my open mind and my asking of questions that led to me abandoning my belief in the existence of any kind of god. Believe it or not I actually found that studying the bible made me steadily less and less religious. Scrutiny of any deity has the same result - scepticism.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I will say there has been a very concerted effort by those in power to twist religion to suit their needs. But to say that religion has been manipulated any more than nationalist, race identity, sexual identity, political parties, banking institutions, corporations, carbon credits, the stock market, standing arms, gold reserves would be a statement out of ignorance and false.

The irony? As the western world is turning progressive, the road to power is to bash the Christian Church. New “religions” are being forged to manipulate to extend power. Examples are environmentalism and identity sexualism. And the world is still pledged by the evils of those in power manipulating any and every system that will gain them power.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As with many a false religion, burn the heretics......

Bill Nye, the science guy, is open to criminal charges and jail time for climate change dissenters

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, are you saying that not believing in a big bearded person in the sky who performs magic tricks is somehow irrational?

You start your reply with a lie to yourself and me. Sorry is an
excuse not an apology. And then you immediately put words
in my mouth. Completely irrational.

Yes, I do have an open mind.

No you did have an open mind that let your
brains fall out of your head when you made an
exchange for the completely unbelievable odds
of atheism vs the reality that we could never be
the sharpest tool in the shed.
Besides the fact that the claim of no supreme being
makes you " The Master of Reality" Do you know all of reality?
Simple question.

edit on Rpm120417v34201700000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm120417v36201700000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
I once thought as you do, until agents of God spoke to me several times in my life.

I would say that you have been deceived.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Bill Nye, the science guy, is open to criminal charges and jail time for climate change dissenters

I wonder if you bothered to properly understand his words there. Nye isn't talking about jailing ever day deniers. He's talking about jailing the people deliberately obfuscating the issue and releasing bad science to say that it isn't true. Just like we fined the cigarette companies for lying to the public about the health risks for cigarettes. Agree with him or not, at least make an effort to understand what he is saying...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I wonder if you bothered to properly understand his words there. Nye isn't talking about jailing ever day deniers. He's talking about jailing the people deliberately obfuscating the issue and releasing bad science to say that it isn't true. Just like we fined the cigarette companies for lying to the public about the health risks for cigarettes. Agree with him or not, at least make an effort to understand what he is saying...

What about the people caught cooking the numbers to push climate change? Funny he did not call out all fraud and corruption?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Those people don't exist. Climategate is a proven manufactured scandal.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Can you cite any peer reviewed material or scientific laws to back that research that contradicts man made climate is faulty? Much less warrant alligations of criminal fraud for contradicting research relating to man made climate change?

Or does Nye consider anything contradictory to his view fraud?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This cycles back into you needing to understand what you are reading. I worded my responses to show that I was neither supporting or refuting Nye's position; only correcting what you said about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

By the media that kept quite what senators or congressmen men were sexual predators for the last fifty years. Reports who know what men not to get in an elevator with. You expect me to believe Scientists and media with an agenda?

Or by governments that are more willing to pay for research proving climate change.

Or the UN that uses climate change to push distribution of wealth.

The left politicized climate change, uses it to push a economic agenda, and the science is hurt for that effort.
edit on 4-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

This cycles back into you needing to understand what you are reading. I worded my responses to show that I was neither supporting or refuting Nye's position; only correcting what you said about it.

Can you answer a question honestly? Or that not part of the agenda?

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

By the media that kept quite what senators or congressmen men were sexual predators for the last fifty years. Reports who know what men not to in an elevator with. You expect me to believe Scientists and media with an agenda?

Politicians != scientists in any way, shape, or form. I thought that would be obvious...

Or by governments that are more willing to pay for research proving climate change.

You mean all of them? Like literally EVERY country in the world supports climate change research.

Or the UN that uses climate change to push distribution of wealth.

Uh... Strawman

The left politicized climate change, uses it to push a economic agenda, and the science is hurt for that effort.

Cop out. The science is plain as day whether you listen to politicians or not. AGAIN scientists != politicians. Go read a scientific journal on the matter and stop quoting politicians. Until then your opinion on climate change will forever be flawed.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Can you answer a question honestly? Or that not part of the agenda?

I did answer honestly. I'm not going to be dragged into a conversation of loaded topics when I didn't commit my opinion to it in the first place.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Funny that politicians are the ones that free up the majority of money that eneables climate change research? Is that a false statement.

Can you cite any investigation that proves research that contradicts man made global warming was criminal fraudulent? Bill Nye mudt had some specific investigation in mind to make such a statement.
edit on 4-12-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join