It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Plan will be Devestating to Seniors and Poor People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Trump's Tax Plan will be Devestating to Seniors and Poor People by cutting almost a trillion and a half dollars out of medicare and medicaid which help poor and old people with medical care. In fact, many seniors depend on these programs to pay for their nursing homes, so what's going to happen to them if the Republicans decimate their funding? After denying for decades that they want to "kill granny" and even making jokes about it, claiming that Democrats are exaggerating GOP policies, this is exactly what will happen with this immoral and unecessary tax cut- poor people and seniors will be devestated and some will die, for something completely unneeded. This is the height of immorality, IMO and proof of why the Republicans should never have power in this countr again.

www.cnn.com...

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is the height of immorality, IMO and proof of why the Republicans should never have power in this country again.

I couldn't agree more, however you need to add Democrats in that statement. Then it makes perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

"Liberty is the very last idea that seems to occur to anybody, in considering any political or social proposal. It is only necessary for anybody for any reason to allege any evidence of any evil in any human practice, for people instantly to suggest that the practice should be suppressed by the police.” -G.K. Chesterton

"“Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God.”" G.K. Chesterton.

Anyways deductions doubling, but I feel the more fundamental truths expressed above are more important.

Also lol at FNN

I hope Lord Government gives you all you pray for.
edit on 19-11-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Last I heard America was a free country. Maybe use that passion and freedom and build something to fix the problem. I will be right beside you tearing down any government regulations that get in your way.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I wonder when this administration is going to begin repairing our infrastructure? I hope they begin with bridges, because elderly nursing home patients/residents are going to need more to live under.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why are we paying poor people to not work instead of creating more jobs and teaching people to be self sufficient? I think this is the goal of this administration. Welfare has grown so big that a ridiculous amount of people who should not even be on it are now dependent on it. It should never have gotten to this point to begin with. The money taken out of medicaid is money that would be going to those who should not be on it anyways. The democrats are the ones who opened welfare to anyone who could fill out the paperwork, and for those who couldn't fill out the paperwork, they were assigned a gov paid agent to do so for them.
edit on 19-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If CNN says it, first consideration is that FAKE news is imbedded in the story, or ACCURATE facts are omitted from the story.

Case in Point: Medicare/Medicaid do not have a $1.5 TRILLION budget.

I stopped reading your post, the moment I saw that lie. Plus, sending click-dollars to CNN by reading their online stories is against my religion.

Have a nice day.

edit on 11/19/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wonder when this administration is going to begin repairing our infrastructure? I hope they begin with bridges, because elderly nursing home patients/residents are going to need more to live under.
Which types of infrastructure are you reffering too?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why are we paying poor people to not work instead of creating more jobs and teaching people to be self sufficient? I think this is the goal of this administration. Welfare has grown so big that a ridiculous amount of people who should not even be on it are now dependent on it. It should never have gotten to this point to begin with.

That was the trade off of the crash of 2008. All those jobs that were lost are never coming back.

I heard Wal-Mart is hiring part-time greeters, so all isn't lost...there's still hope.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Another example of fake news and Trump Derangement Syndrome.

(post by angeldoll removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You know I'm right. This response only proves it.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This quote makes it crystal clear that the left does not understand simple math.

"Well, again, you don't need to be an expert to know that when the Republicans are in control of government, the rich often benefit the most. "

Anyways hopefully this helps the economy grow and the bubble from bursting.

edit on 19-11-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I expect abortion rates would go up for the younger poor, and mortality rates will go up for the older poor, bringing down the average life expectancy in the U. S.

Solutions:
I would prefer my taxes go to Medicare, Medicaid, etc rather than weapons and war. Government for the people.

Since that's not likely, I think charity will have to step up and fill the void. My friend the social worker, who's adopted six kids from horrible situations? On only 30 k a year? Maybe some groceries should mysteriously show up on her porch so she can afford doctor's visits. Maybe hospitals will start waiving the bills of poor seniors because of a fund started by a local businessman.

These solutions are imaginary at this point. But they don't have to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why are we paying poor people to not work instead of creating more jobs and teaching people to be self sufficient? I think this is the goal of this administration. Welfare has grown so big that a ridiculous amount of people who should not even be on it are now dependent on it. It should never have gotten to this point to begin with.

That was the trade off of the crash of 2008. All those jobs that were lost are never coming back.

I heard Wal-Mart is hiring part-time greeters, so all isn't lost...there's still hope.
There are tons of jobs open today. With not enough qualified people to fill them. My city cannot build new houses fast enough to accommodate all of the people who have enough money to buy them. The only complaint I hear is from the employers Who cannot find people who are willing to work, or are qualified to do the jobs they need filled.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

I expect abortion rates would go up for the younger poor, and mortality rates will go up for the older poor, bringing down the average life expectancy in the U. S.

Solutions:
I would prefer my taxes go to Medicare, Medicaid, etc rather than weapons and war. Government for the people.

Since that's not likely, I think charity will have to step up and fill the void. My friend the social worker, who's adopted six kids from horrible situations? On only 30 k a year? Maybe some groceries should mysteriously show up on her porch so she can afford doctor's visits. Maybe hospitals will start waiving the bills of poor seniors because of a fund started by a local businessman.

These solutions are imaginary at this point. But they don't have to be.

Maybe people who can't afford kids shouldn't have them. You are talking about treating the symptoms and not focusing on the origin of these problems. Which for the most part is the lack of education and opportunity for those in low income areas. Why did your friend adopt so many kids if they can't afford them?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That's interesting. If I may ask, what's the industry in your area?

Mining and logging are growing a little in my area, but the jobs are still pretty limited. The universities in the area are the main employers, and they're tightening their belts with hiring freezes. Ouch.

My husband used to work almost exclusively for scientists and professors at the universities. In the past year, work has gotten really slow, and all the jobs he does get are small projects for retirees.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: Woodcarver

That's interesting. If I may ask, what's the industry in your area?

Mining and logging are growing a little in my area, but the jobs are still pretty limited. The universities in the area are the main employers, and they're tightening their belts with hiring freezes. Ouch.

My husband used to work almost exclusively for scientists and professors at the universities. In the past year, work has gotten really slow, and all the jobs he does get are small projects for retirees.
I live in middle Tennessee. There's a lot of distribution warehouses, construction jobs, food and service, we just build two new hospitals as well as dozens of medical office spaces. Tech jobs, agriculture, entertainment, pretty much everything is available here. I am pretty much an artist at this point, and I have no trouble finding work or generating income.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join