It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you pull the trigger?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Noncents

Thank you for clearing that up. I see that fits what I was thinking about him to start off with. I can see older teens doing something like that and wouldn't have as much of a problem if there was one in that scenario.

Now, does this happen often with 10-12 year olds? I don't think so.

Whether it's a scenario that happens often or not isn't the point. Anything is possible. That's why they train for for such scenarios.
They put their lives on the line every day. I think it's good that they train for seemingly impossible situations. There's a helluva lot of crazy out there.
edit on 11/18/2017 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Could I pull the trigger?

I don't know. I've never been in that sort of a situation, though I came close, as I've related elsewhere...to this day, I've no idea whether I'd have been able to truly draw down on that guy had he continued on in his intentions.

Pull the trigger on another human being...won't ever know until the time comes...which I pray most fervently never does.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JBurns

Could I pull the trigger?

Probably not.

I didn't figure you could. I couldn't. I doubt most good people would be able to.

Good people don't kill kids.

So you excuse a kid shooting you and widowing you and making your family and friends cry ...rite? that dont make you good. its selfish to let yourself be killed.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It gets easier. just forget they are human after a while. that was the old me though. changed that part of my past to get a clean slate this time around.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Sure. Paint me however you like.

So far according to people in this thread I am stupid and selfish for not supporting the killing of kids.

My friends and family would hold me in high regard if I took a bullet myself instead of killing a kid even if that kid was a horrible scumbag.

It's a decision, take a life or loose your own. I do not believe in killing others, especially children.

I'm such a horrible person...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

When i looked at this video i saw a much deeper problem. Why do we always focus on the cops job.

There is a reason why people do this kind of thing. There is got to be something messed up within the sosiety when people chose to use gun's.

The way i see this is that the cops are staging senarios that will give them the excuse they need to kill people.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You kill everyday though indirectly already. if you work or vote your represenatives and money kill.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa
Sure. Paint me however you like.

So far according to people in this thread I am stupid and selfish for not supporting the killing of kids.

My friends and family would hold me in high regard if I took a bullet myself instead of killing a kid even if that kid was a horrible scumbag.

It's a decision, take a life or loose your own. I do not believe in killing others, especially children.

And you revel in telling everybody how morally superior you are for your decision. Good for you. I’d rather go home to my kids than not.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Thanks for pretending that you understand why I say things.

I said so because I hope other people can make that same distinction instead of following the people advocating for killing children in this thread.

But please, keep the personal attacks and jabs coming.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Thanks for pretending that you understand why I say things.

I said so because I hope other people can make that same distinction instead of following the people advocating for killing children in this thread.

But please, keep the personal attacks and jabs coming.

When you shoot someone dead you should not be considered a kid anymore. you become a threat. if you pick up a gun and point it at me i no longer consider you worthy of living .

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Thank you for putting so simply what takes me 100's of words of which only piss people off to get across.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I can say this much, the cases I've seen that unfortunate
circumstances led an officer to shoot a kid. Say one that
was playing laser tag. All the examples I can think of, it
pretty much devastates the officers career not to mention
the emotional toll it takes. Driving a semi I can say this also.
I would drive, that beast off a cliff, before I would run into
a car with a child in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have been in stressful situations in the past, in my life.

I have seen big men frozen and small men lead.

Not sure why some are picking on one member who said that they couldn't pull the trigger. I can't say I could either.

More than likely, I'd freeze.

It's a horrible scenario.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You’ve gone to great lengths to explain why you hold the moral high ground, so you have yourself to thank for making your intent so clear. You’re welcome though.

Nobody is advocating for killing children. When you start intentionally killing people, you become a killer. Your age doesn’t change that.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Officer involved shootings absolutely do not happen frequently. They are about as infrequent as an event can get. There are around 750,000 sworn LEOs in the US, and only 500 officer involved shootings in the year 2016. I'm not going to derive a percentage from those values because the numbers speak for themselves. 749,500 were not involved in a defensive shooting incident.

edit on 11/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Hmmm... I notice this pattern anytime the debate subject is of law enforecement... go figure. This isn't the only law enforcement debate that yields the same questioning of steering the subject material to what suits your fancy the most.

Let me guess... you don't want to debate with that person anymore either???

Maybe one day I will read that you are comparing apples to apples, instead of looking at life through the eyes of an law enforcer... at least I hope to read such indications.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes, why does being a kid make her life more valuable than mine. She may have been brainwashed by an degenerate parent but it still comes down to life or death.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Nobody is advocating for killing children. When you start intentionally killing people, you become a killer. Your age doesn’t change that.

Neither does having a badge.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

DBC, the difference in your given stance and opinion in this thread compared to another's is HUMILITY! At least for me, it makes a difference.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I agree, the situation isn't as common as some would like to believe it is. But I also disagree about the word frequently, thankfully it's subjective and, to me at least, it's ok to disagree.

If there was 500 officer involved shootings in 2016 and 365 days in the year... I'd call that frequent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join