It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after school shooting in California, shooter stopped by deputies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

If you feel the need to be armed at all times, that makes you a coward in my book.

So how would you defend yourself against an armed criminal? I think cowards are people who do not want to take the responsibility to protect themselves and their loved ones.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Just admit that you are afraid of firearms and think no one else should be allowed to have them because of that fear.

Hoplophobia.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I'm reading through, it's apparent that people don't understand your sarcasm in this thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

I don't care if you're a coward who feels the need to be armed at all times because of some boogeyman

Actually this kind of nonsense is what keeps us from having a decent conversation on the issue. You're uninformed, don't want to be informed, and just want to pretend everyone who owns a gun is a coward because it excuses you from having to argue logically.

Grow up and maybe people will have an adult conversation with you.

If you feel the need to be armed at all times, that makes you a coward in my book.

That's ok, your book isn't based in reality. And it's a childish, uninformed opinion. If you're ever interested in discussing this like an adult, we'll be here.

You gave a valiant effort, but unfortunately you cannot reason with the unreasonable. Those who are clouded with emotion and deluded by propaganda cannot even see past their own cataracts.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

See my post a couple down from your reply. I had "Hoped" to come in for the emotional side of the information share about this terrible and violent act against the school children and to learn more about the perp. Instead, it turns into a leftist free for all against guns and not the murderer.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Clearly anti gunners don't care about laws.

Since they are violating the entire bill of rights with gun control.

The highest LAW in the country.

You are one of those gun nuts. Only care about your rights and the hell with those who were killed just as long as you got yours.

So despite your claims of wanting to have a discussion about how to solve the problem, you don't really want to do that. Otherwise you wouldn't resort to childish ad hominem attacks by calling people with a different point of view gun nuts. That isn't promoting a civil dialogue.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I'm reading through, it's apparent that people don't understand your sarcasm in this thread.

What? Sarcasm? No man, I totally buy into magic wand solutions!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Seems to me you guys could care less if children were killed or injured...

That’s a nice accusation to throw out?
All you’ve done is suggest laws that already exist...

You haven’t mentioned the poor children once...
So what do you care that nobody cares?

...just as long as you can keep your guns.

I don’t have any guns.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
According to the link, they are investigating a total of five different crime scenes related to this incident. It looks like it may have been some type of crime spree that ended at the school. I will never understand how a school can be considered a target to even the most depraved criminal.

It carries the most weight politically if children are shot.

No other reason.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

So if someone steals your car and then goes on to commit other crimes in that car you should then be punished?

Just admit that you are afraid of firearms and think no one else should be allowed to have them because of that fear.

Got one. Kept in safe place. Never take it out with me because I am not afraid all the time. Only got one because, family was bothering me about a supposed boogeyman out to get me and after years of saying I don't need one, I gave in just to make them shut up.

I bought it and stored it. Only brought it out once to show the family, I finally gave in, so they would shut it.

Even after having my house broken into and chasing the guy out, I didn't want a gun but is the reason my family wanted me to have one.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Longer jail terms for people who use a gun in crime.

That's pretty much what I got out of their posts. They try to dance around it with the whole "I'm ok with guns, but here's why I'm not ok with guns..." but it gleams through pretty obvious. And these folks are consistently the least informed people on either side of any political issue.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So if someone steals your car and then goes on to commit other crimes in that car you should then be punished?

Got one. Kept in safe place. Never take it out with me because I am not afraid all the time. Only got one because, family was bothering me about a supposed boogeyman out to get me and after years of saying I don't need one, I gave in just to make them shut up.

I bought it and stored it. Only brought it out once to show the family, I finally gave in, so they would shut it.

Even after having my house broken into and chasing the guy out, I didn't want a gun but is the reason my family wanted me to have one.

If you are a gun owner, you are a danger to yourself and those around you. No one as ill informed as you are should own a gun. I highly encourage you to get rid of it or take some classes. Your lack of basic knowledge is much more dangerous than the gun itself.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: 0racle
a reply to: projectvxn

then why are there news reports with witnesses saying they saw two gunmen?

Witnesses aren't always reliable.

Why would you doubt the only witness testimony of the event?

By default you assume/insist "Lone Gunman"?

Why is that? Seems odd.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That's pretty much what I got out of their posts. They try to dance around it with the whole "I'm ok with guns, but here's why I'm not ok with guns..." but it gleams through pretty obvious. And these folks are consistently the least informed people on either side of any political issue.

Guns are such useless tool to me. The only way my gun will protect me is if I am on high alert (afraid) all the time. Someone sneaks up on me from behind and I'm armed, do I pretend I am in a movie and that my quick reflexes will thwart the bad guy, what about in shower, what about if sleeping.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If you are a gun owner, you are a danger to yourself and those around you. No one as ill informed as you are should own a gun. I highly encourage you to get rid of it or take some classes. Your lack of basic knowledge is much more dangerous than the gun itself.

I have to agree.

Never taken it out.

Means no shooting and basic maintenance on it.

Dangerous combination.

link   

Got one.

Coward.

Don't use that, "I finally gave in, so they would shut it, " as an excuse.

Hung by your own petard.

Oh, I hope that no one ever bypasses whatever you have in the way of security, gets a hold of your gun, and then uses that gun to commit any kind of crime whatsoever because you are obviously at fault for that persons actions.

link   

About 700,000 inmates are released from state and federal prison each year. Of those released, about two-thirds re-offend within three years, said Husock. Lack of job opportunities Despite being offered a taste of freedom, some inmates released early under state programs are already returning to prison.

Not all offenders even want to be on the outside, in the free world, many see no opportunity as an opportunity to return the safety and security of Jail or prison. *3 Hots and a Cot* This is just one article but the real statistics are more than alarming, instead of putting your misaligned energy into removing the Second Amendment responsibilities from the good guys who will fight to the death to protect even the furthest leftists from all threats foreign or domestic, that would gladly step up to the plate to save All Lives regardless of race, creed, color, or religion, why not try to place returning criminals into safe and affordable housing, to factory jobs, to opportunity?

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on pm1130pmTue, 14 Nov 2017 15:27:59 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

link   

It really takes away from the gravitas of making a dramatic "I'm not talking to you anymore!" post when you keep coming back to talk more.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Guns are such useless tool to me. The only way my gun will protect me is if I am on high alert (afraid) all the time. Someone sneaks up on me from behind and I'm armed, do I pretend I am in a movie and that my quick reflexes will thwart the bad guy, what about in shower, what about if sleeping.

People use guns to defend themselves all the time. It doesn't just happen in the movies. Again, for the safety of you and everyone around you, I encourage you to take a gun safety course. You're dangerously misinformed. Despite what you think, I, like most gun owners, want people to be safe with their weapons and own/use them responsibly. You're unequipped to do that.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It sits there collecting dust, where it should be.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join