It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after school shooting in California, shooter stopped by deputies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

Yeah your right I am on an anonymous forum and lying to complete strangers who I probably will never meet.

Obviously.

Like I said keep your guns and live in fear. Mine doesn't make me feel any safer or braver than before one. If it make you those, than that is just sad.

I'm afraid of gun owners like you claim to be, that's about it. Woefully untrained, woefully uneducated, and apparently incapable of even the most basic of maintenance. You and your "gun" are far more of a danger to yourself, everybody in your household, and the public at large, than the overwhelming majority of responsible gun owners.

Because you are, besides full of it, completely irresponsible with your "gun."

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

originally posted by: neo96

It still is a useless tool to me.

Alright then.

Tell us what it is.

Brand,caliber,type.

A small black one. Hold i'll go check. Bought from brother in law.

Your brother in law is irresponsible as # selling a gun to someone who doesn't know a damn thing about guns or gun laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's it! I knew I'd seen something like that.
I'll bet it's really bad@ss.

At any rate, I can sympathize with the poster in question in never having felt any particular fear of all the boogeymen although I can't say I've gone out and spent money on one like he or she has.

However, if I feel any fear of anyone in this scenario, it's people like the poster in question. No, I don't have a gun, but I am aware that someday I might want or need one for some reason, and should that day come, I want to have the right to purchase one to fill that need.

People like the poster in question are dead serious when they say I ought not ever have that chance, and so if I ever get badgered into having to buy a gun, it won't be my family who does it, but someone like that particular poster moving to try to keep me from having one because they don't think it's good for me.

Then, I'd be buying it because I should be able to and not because I really want to or need to.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: neo96

It still is a useless tool to me.

Alright then.

Tell us what it is.

Brand,caliber,type.

A small black one. Hold i'll go check. Bought from brother in law.

Did he do a background check before selling to you?

If they live in California there was a mandatory waiting period.

link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for the update.

After reading that, here's something that really sticks out to me: If the shooter was a "known felon," and his neighbor says that he had "been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines," then why in the HELL didn't someone call the police and say, "Hey, police, there's a known felon over here shooting off hundreds of rounds!"

That would have had his ass locked up from illegal possession of a firearm, at the least, and probably illegally firing off rounds where he did. This could have prevented this attack, but instead, everyone in the neighborhood seemingly turned the other cheek.

Come on--if I know that someone is shooting a firearm in my neighborhood once, let alone hundreds of rounds, I'm calling the police. I have too much at stake with my family to let stray bullets from careless people injure or kill one of them.

Why these people didn't call the police/sheriff is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Thanks for the update.

After reading that, here's something that really sticks out to me: If the shooter was a "known felon," and his neighbor says that he had "been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines," then why in the HELL didn't someone call the police and say, "Hey, police, there's a known felon over here shooting off hundreds of rounds!"

That would have had his ass locked up from illegal possession of a firearm, at the least, and probably illegally firing off rounds where he did. This could have prevented this attack, but instead, everyone in the neighborhood seemingly turned the other cheek.

Come on--if I know that someone is shooting a firearm in my neighborhood once, let alone hundreds of rounds, I'm calling the police. I have too much at stake with my family to let stray bullets from careless people injure or kill one of them.

Why these people didn't call the police/sheriff is beyond me.

The reports I heard said the neighbor had indeed complained to local police about him shooting. I'll see if I can find a source.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do we know anything about the ethnicity? That might tell us something. We know that the San Bernardino shooters were engaged in strange activity, but their neighbors didn't call them on it because they didn't want to look racist.

I'm not at all implying the shooters were Muslim, but if they were some ethnicity other than white, that might answer a question or two.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The 4th one. Whatya know there is dust on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Do we know anything about the ethnicity? That might tell us something. We know that the San Bernardino shooters were engaged in strange activity, but their neighbors didn't call them on it because they didn't want to look racist.

I'm not at all implying the shooters were Muslim, but if they were some ethnicity other than white, that might answer a question or two.

The fact that we don't know anything yet could be a sign. If he was a white guy odds are his picture would be all over the news already.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Didn't read the replies from gun owners but let me guess it goes something like this "thoughts and prayers but no new laws"

They really need to make having a gun extremely unattractive to criminals like caught with gun an automatic 5 years, commit a crime with gun 20 to life. Convict those people with same crime who sell to people with mental illness.

To buy a gun, it should be required that you pass a mental evaluation or that you do not have people in your life who has a mental illness. Check your past and make sure you have no history of violence.

Wholeheartedly agree with the mandatory sentencing. Unfortunately we will have to get all the SJW Judges off the bench first, the ones who like to continually legislate from the bench instead of following actual established law...especially in California and the 9th District, and all along the west coast...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Like jadedANDcynical said. This is SENSATIONALIZED news. This is NOT a school shooting. It's a domestic violence NUTJOB who spilled into the neighborhood.

Some criminal moron goes and shoots people up, because he's deranged. Does not make it terrorism or a school shooting. He's a disgusting criminal loser.

Wish the news would stick to the facts.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
These are the kind of laws we need.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The 4th one. Whatya know there is dust on it.

Way to support outsourcing.

Excuse me Beretta.

edit on 14-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You reuse this quite often. Despite the fact that it has been explained to you that in the US we have a RIGHT to bear arms and Japan does not.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yet Japan has a higher suicide rate than gun-nut USA. How do all those people off themselves? We all know if you take the guns away, there's no other way for people to kill themselves or anyone else right?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That's cool and all, but Japan explicitly bars citizens from owning firearms except in a very few cases.

So...they have basically the exact opposite of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Maybe if Japan allowed guns they would have never had that sarin attack

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Cheap and used, what can I say.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Two things you never want to stake your life on.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, how many of the restrictions and legal hurdles did you go through in your "let's be like Japan" graphic to get your gun?

edit on 14 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join