It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after school shooting in California, shooter stopped by deputies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Shooter is being described as a known felon in his 50's named Kevin.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

You can't legally purchase a firearm in another state and just walk out of the store with it. It has to be transferred to an FFL dealer within the state you reside in and present valid photo ID from. Maybe you should try to understand how all of this works before making up nonsense.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The fact remains that gun nuts are unwilling to sit and discuss ways to fix this problem. They think everyone who calls for something to be done as people who want their guns.

I don't care if you own a gun, I don't care if you're a coward who feels the need to be armed at all times because of some boogeyman, keep your guns but let us try to have a conversation about how we can fix this problem.

Something that helps you to keep your guns but makes it harder to get illegal guns or unattractive to criminals regarding owning a gun.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
dailycaller.com...

The FBI’s 2015 Uniform Crime Report found that nearly three times more Americans were killed by knives or other “cutting instruments” than shot and killed by long guns. According to the report, only 548 people were killed by rifles and shotguns combined in 2015. On the other hand, 1,573 people were “stabbed or hacked to death,” Breitbart reports. Furthermore, Breitbart found that twice as many people were bludgeoned to death than killed by rifles for the same year. In 2015, 252 people were killed with rifles, while 670 were killed by “hands, fists, or feet, etc.”

edit on pm1130pmTue, 14 Nov 2017 14:50:35 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Here is a free tip, stop calling people exercising their 2nd amendment rights gun nuts, and cowards and approach us in a civil manner and you will get a civil discourse.

While approaching people like an unhinged loon will get you mocked and laughed at.

link   

Let’s refresh our memories...

Never said it was a legal gun...

Oh... well I said this...

Point is the scumbag shooter was a felon who was prohibited from purchasing a legal fire arm.

...And then you said this...

Yet he had one...

So what are you on about?

As for lawful deterrents...
Had the scumbag survived... He likely would have got the death penalty...
The most extreme punishment available...

But you’re suggesting an additional few years on top of his sentence might have stopped this...

With what logic do you come to that conclusion?

link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

You can't legally purchase a firearm in another state and just walk out of the store with it. It has to be transferred to an FFL dealer within the state you reside in and present valid photo ID from. Maybe you should try to understand how all of this works before making up nonsense.

How does that work with private sales? I am going to guess there is nothing to stop a private seller from selling a gun that is going to another state.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

...or unattractive to criminals regarding owning a gun

Please explain this magical law that will turn someone who doesn't care about laws in the first place into someone who does.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Seems to me that if he was reported to the authorities and he is a felon, they'd have that record and know he wasn't supposed to be shooting rounds since he shouldn't have the weapons to be doing that with.

link   

I don't care if you own a gun, I don't care if you're a coward who feels the need to be armed at all times because of some boogeyman, keep your guns but let us try to have a conversation about how we can fix this problem.

As opposed to being a COWARD that hides behind over 80 years of regulation that simply DOES NOT WORK.

California.

The peoples republic of authoritariansm.

link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

In this common passerby's opinion, I believe You're onto something. Pretty much could breed Your very own "Lee Harvey" and I'd bet it is much easier to accomplish if the intended target was "all linked in" (computers; machines running ALL day EVERY day)

Maybe have a 'Control Group' and head them off to places like Stonehenge et al. where You can fine tune Your surroundings and see what happens.

Stay Hydrated...

link   
a reply to: antar

Well that will make those kids' families feel muuuuch better, thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I am saying the current laws now are doing nothing to deter criminals from gaining access to guns. Stricter gun laws regarding illegal gun ownership, stricter laws for private gun sellers who sell guns without knowing the background of the person they are selling to.

link   
So, do we know anything new about the CRIMINAL Maniac Murdering Felon who illegally obtained and used the weapon in this heinous act?
Too bad the Good Citizens of California were not better prepared to defend and protect the innocent through concealed or even open carry of legal firearms, could have prevented this deadly act of gun violence.

link   

...but let us try to have a conversation...

...gun nuts...

...coward...

...conversation...

With you?
Someone who has had their ignorance of fire arm laws and common sense exposed so then resorted to ad hominem BS?

Hahaha.

link   

The fact remains that gun nuts are unwilling to sit and discuss ways to fix this problem. They think everyone who calls for something to be done as people who want their guns.

Not really. There's plenty of gun owners that are happy to have that conversation. The vast majority of gun owners are not in the "I should be able to own a howitzer" camp. The problem is people like you can't make any distinction between gun owners, lump us all into the fringe camp, and throw your hands up in the air.

And we don't particularly care what you think about us, but can almost universally agree that couching your "side" of the discussion in personal attacks and insults is pretty much a non-starter for us.

Something that helps you to keep your guns but makes it harder to get illegal guns or unattractive to criminals regarding owning a gun.

Making things illegal-er doesn't really work, as evidenced by places like Chicago and California so what else ya got?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I am saying the current laws now are doing nothing to deter criminals from gaining access to guns. Stricter gun laws regarding illegal gun ownership, stricter laws for private gun sellers who sell guns without knowing the background of the person they are selling to.

We have had stricter laws and penalties for drugs for years.

Where has that gotten us?

If they haven't worked for illicit drugs, what makes you think they will work for guns?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Depends on the laws of that state in regards to private sales. None of that really matters though because he was a convicted felon. That makes it illegal for him to purchase or possess firearms and illegal for anyone to knowingly sell a firearm to a felon.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Fox is reporting there are now 7 crime scenes police are working. Lots of info, bound to be some confusion, meaning the conspiracy theorists will have a field day making # up about this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where has that gotten us?

A billion dollar industry that works with middle eastern terrorists.

They learned NOTHING from the era of prohibition.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join