It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead after school shooting in California, shooter stopped by deputies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

He probably went to the local bar or corner hang out, bought or traded dope for the illegal and probably stolen gun. Not all people are so stupid as to get their guns from stores.

Up to 600,000 guns are stolen every year in the US – that's one every minute

Up to 600,000 guns are stolen every year in the US – that's one every minute

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Stricter gun laws regarding illegal gun ownership

Still waiting for an answer to my question.

You're still under the impression that there is some sort of verbiage that can be used to make someone who does not care about laws start caring about laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here it is! The recent drill, a month ago and 10 miles away:

www.krcrtv.com...
Oct 08, 2017 ORLAND, Calif. -
An active shooter training was held in Orland to prepare first responders for full-scale disasters.
Fire alarms sounding, screams for help from fallen victims and gunshots were all part of a two-day training enacting a real-life scenario at CK Price Middle School.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If someone wants to illegally obtain a firearm, no laws are going to stop that. You can legally purchase every part of a rifle and have it shipped to your home with the exception of the lower receiver. With a few tools, one can manufacture a lower receiver or drill out an 80% lower and you've got a functioning rifle in a matter of hours. The only people who are going to actually be affected by your proposed legislation are people who follow the law. Criminals don't care about the law. Otherwise they wouldn't be criminals!

link   

originally posted by: JBurnsI believe you can purchase bullet resistant backpack inserts. Once unthinkable, armoring children doesn't seem so out of the ordinary

evidence of a crippled society.

link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Clearly anti gunners don't care about laws.

Since they are violating the entire bill of rights with gun control.

The highest LAW in the country.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

...or unattractive to criminals regarding owning a gun

Please explain this magical law that will turn someone who doesn't care about laws in the first place into someone who does.

Mandatory jail sentences if caught with a gun. Longer jail terms for people who use a gun in crime. Random checks at homes or on street of known criminals. I don't know, how can we know what will work and won't, if gun nuts refuse to even discuss the current laws.

Because right now the current gun laws are not stopping these types of people from getting guns. We don't know how he got a gun, stole it (negligence on gun owners part), bought from private seller (negligence on sellers part), bought from criminal ( who either got it from stealing one or buying one from seller), and other issues that need to be addressed.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Mandatory jail sentences if caught with a gun. Longer jail terms for people who use a gun in crime.

Still doesn't stop it, and only punishs AFTER the fact.

And well pretty effing hard to punish someone that gets killed by the police or takes their own life.

But hey.

Keep pushing that rock up that mountain only for it to roll back down.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You are one of those gun nuts. Only care about your rights and the hell with those who were killed just as long as you got yours.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

originally posted by: neo96

You are one of those gun nuts. Only care about your rights and the hell with those who were killed just as long as you got yours.

Prove my crimes.

TAKE ME TO COURT AND PROVE it beyond all reasonable doubt in front a jury of my peers.

I DEMAND my day in courts of law.
edit on 14-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't care if you're a coward who feels the need to be armed at all times because of some boogeyman

Actually this kind of nonsense is what keeps us from having a decent conversation on the issue. You're uninformed, don't want to be informed, and just want to pretend everyone who owns a gun is a coward because it excuses you from having to argue logically.

Grow up and maybe people will have an adult conversation with you.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well no more from me. Come the next mass shooting (there will be one), continue to give your thoughts and prayers (fat good is does people) to mass shooting victims.

Seems to me you guys could care less if children were killed or injured, just as long as you can keep your guns.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Tougher laws.

Tougher restrictions.

Shows us all who wants to increase the Prison Industrial Complex.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well no more from me. Come the next mass shooting (there will be one), continue to give your thoughts and prayers (fat good is does people) to mass shooting victims.

Seems to me you guys could care less if children were killed or injured, just as long as you can keep your guns.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I don't care if you're a coward who feels the need to be armed at all times because of some boogeyman

Actually this kind of nonsense is what keeps us from having a decent conversation on the issue. You're uninformed, don't want to be informed, and just want to pretend everyone who owns a gun is a coward because it excuses you from having to argue logically.

If you feel the need to be armed at all times, that makes you a coward in my book.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

If you feel the need to be armed at all times, that makes you a coward in my book.

That's ok, your book isn't based in reality. And it's a childish, uninformed opinion. If you're ever interested in discussing this like an adult, we'll be here.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What about the cowards that leave children to die while they went to dial 911 to come save them>?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think that the only conspiracy is why somebody always claims to see somebody in green camo running away from a shooting?

link   

Longer jail terms for people who use a gun in crime.

Already in place:

originally posted by: Shamrock6

California already had a mandatory ten year additional sentence on top of any other sentence for any crime involving the use of a firearm.

So...?

How will adding even more years on to that help?

Random checks at homes or on street of known criminals.

Really?

So we just trample on the fourth even more so than we do already?

stole it (negligence on gun owners part)

So if someone steals your car and then goes on to commit other crimes in that car you should then be punished?

Just admit that you are afraid of firearms and think no one else should be allowed to have them because of that fear.

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

...or unattractive to criminals regarding owning a gun

Please explain this magical law that will turn someone who doesn't care about laws in the first place into someone who does.

Mandatory jail sentences if caught with a gun.

Already exist

Longer jail terms for people who use a gun in crime.

Already exist

Random checks at homes or on street of known criminals.

Then amend the Constitution to repeal the 4th amendment. Good luck.

I don't know, how can we know what will work and won't, if gun nuts refuse to even discuss the current laws.

And likewise, it would behoove "gun grabbers" to know what laws are currently on the books before suggesting legislation that already exists.

Because right now the current gun laws are not stopping these types of people from getting guns.

No laws will keep "these types of people" from obtaining something that anyone with the correct tools and a little knowledge can build in their garage. It's illegal to build and possess pipe bombs but anyone with internet access can make them in very little time.

We don't know how he got a gun, stole it (negligence on gun owners part),

Huge assumption that an owner is negligent in a theft scenario.

bought from private seller (negligence on sellers part)

How is a private seller supposed to run a background check? Again, jumping to conclusions isn't having a conversation. It's making blanket statements and strawman arguments.

bought from criminal ( who either got it from stealing one or buying one from seller), and other issues that need to be addressed.

So what do you propose then? Aside from creating legislation thst already exists because you neglected to engage in due diligence and know how firearms laws work. A simple google search of the ATF website brings up all of the federal laws and likewise, the state laws in Cali and any neighboring state are very easy to find. The bottom line is that punishing people who maintain discipline and follow the law isn't going to have any affect on criminals.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join