It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And San Bernadino and Dallas (the Dallas PD shooter/sniper) don't meet those criteria???

I beg to differ.

edit...and just to be clear; I am not disagreeing with your underlying premise...people lack respect.

edit on 11/6/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
He was an angry young man who had temper issues, relationship issues, self-esteem issues, an ideological turn from Christianity to atheism, and, probably a resentment of the military for ousting him. All of this was one big stewpot that boiled down to a path leading to severe mental illness.

IMO, there is not much we can do as far as the law goes. What he did is already illegal.

The people around him should reach out rather than withdraw from him.

When you see a son or a husband or a neighbor or a friend or a classmate going through bouts of uncontrollable anger and begin modifying their behavior and beliefs, buying guns, posting pics of weapons on social media, lashing out in angry tirades against any and everything, it is time to form a circle around him/her and fill it with caring and positive ways to intervene before they slide completely down the drain.

Family - friends - co-workers - neighbors......the small groups that encircle an individual should become the safety net!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They just said the shooter purchased one gun per year in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Of course none of these clueless reporters asked the follow up, did he purchase them legally since he shouldn't have passed a background check.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Fox News is showing a briefing on the incident. I didn't catch it all, but it sounds like they are confirming the in-law connection and said he was extremely angry at his mother-in-law.

Four weapons, two purchased in TX, two in CO. Sounds like a man on a mission of hatred and anger to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: starviego

Was the shooter shooting while on the move? Whoever did it was professionally trained, you can be sure of that!

foxsanantonio.com...
"He just walked down the center aisle, turned around and my understanding was shooting on his way back out," said (Wilson County Sheriff Joe D.) Tackitt, who said the gunman also carried a handgun but that he didn't know if it was fired.

Professional as in he took a basic firearms course being taught by a certified instructor?

So?

If they ever release any autopsy results I'll bet you'll find most victims died or were wounded from single gunshots to the head or torso. In other words, done by an absolute technician. Not by some self-styled Rambo-wannabe.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think you misread my reply... they certainly DO meet that criteria!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

I am sick of these shootings. Sensible gun laws need to be passed now.

Define sensible.

Isn't it enough already that machine guns were banned new ones that is.

Every single man or woman over the age of 18 have to prove to the state they are innocent before getting to practice their constitutional right.

What more do fascists want ?

I think you may have misread my post. We may be more like minded than you think.

link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee
... he obviously wanted to damage Christianity as much as possible ..

You're onto something there.

link   
I still say we're going to see these types of incidents happen at least monthly, if not weekly, in the months to come (and I've said this since Vegas). You can dismiss the conspiracy theories if you like, but it is what it is. I'd love to be proven wrong. Have to hand it to the NWO....this plan is ruthless, but a guaranteed outcome. The vast majority of Americans will not only ALLOW complete gun bans, they will DEMAND it. Absolutely genius, but also completely diabolical.

Ask yourself, just where does a guy with his background get the scratch to purchase all of these weapons, tactical gear, ballistics vest, etc. Being dishonorably discharged isn't exactly conducive to a high-paying job.

What more do fascists want ?

Complete disarmament, of course. And moreover, they are going to get it. There really is no other foreseeable outcome if these kinds of incidents continue. My estimate is that they will be ready to make the full public push for it after 2 more mass incidents before year's end.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He was an angry young man who had temper issues...

I think he was an angry young man who had Manchurian Candidate issues.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

I think you may have misread my post. We may be more like minded than you think.

Don't bet on it.

I want the second restore to what it was intended.

I want the background check abolished and returned back to the pre Clinton era.

Worked fine for over 200 years without it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Was the shooter shooting while on the move? Whoever did it was professionally trained, you can be sure of that!

foxsanantonio.com...
"He just walked down the center aisle, turned around and my understanding was shooting on his way back out," said (Wilson County Sheriff Joe D.) Tackitt, who said the gunman also carried a handgun but that he didn't know if it was fired.

Professional as in he took a basic firearms course being taught by a certified instructor?

So?

If they ever release any autopsy results I'll bet you'll find most victims died or were wounded from single gunshots to the head or torso. In other words, done by an absolute technician. Not by some self-styled Rambo-wannabe.

He walked around the church shooting people at close range. It doesn't take a professional assassin to do that.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fox News is showing a briefing on the incident. I didn't catch it all, but it sounds like they are confirming the in-law connection and said he was extremely angry at his mother-in-law.

Four weapons, two purchased in TX, two in CO. Sounds like a man on a mission of hatred and anger to me.

TheRedneck

They mentioned a gun store in San Antonio. They would be required to do background checks. So did they not do them? Or is there some disconnect about his criminal background causing him to be flagged by the system?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why not pre-Reagan era?

(think...NFA 1986)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think he was an angry young man who had Manchurian Candidate issues.

Bing! Bing! Bing!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
He may have been targeting in laws who attended the church but were not there at the time.
sounds like it, but he obviously wanted to damage Christianity as much as possible also, otherwise he could have just targeted them alone. I think he was an unstable man who grabbed onto the athiests antifa bandwagon. They definitely go hand in hand.

Okay, look, you guys really need to stop with the 'athiest antifa' blaming on this. It's utterly disgusting.

All of the evidence at this time points towards a man with a history of violence, who beat his wife and child, who was involved in a domestic dispute, and who went to the church he expected his in-laws to be at.

There is precisely zero evidence to suggest this is anything to do with Antifa or Liberals or any of that stuff. And that the alt-right keep trying to push their political agenda onto this is frankly revolting.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: neo96

Why not pre-Reagan era?

(think...NFA 1986)

That too.

Reagan was an odd fella.

Fixed Johnsons Gun Control Act turned around and banned machine guns.

Blah.

link   

They mentioned a gun store in San Antonio. They would be required to do background checks. So did they not do them? Or is there some disconnect about his criminal background causing him to be flagged by the system?

I think the only requirement in TX is being taller than the counter...LOL....

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

He walked around the church shooting people at close range. It doesn't take a professional assassin to do that.

It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing. After a while, you start to notice the patterns:

7-20-12 Batman Shooting, Aurora, CO James Holmes

sleepbutawhile.com...
"Law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation ... based their assessment on what they call the gunman’s “unusually high” hit rate during the attack in the theater." "Officials monitoring the local investigation in Colorado said the gunman displayed a high degree of marksmanship for an amateur."

6-17-15 Charleston Church False Flag, Dylann Roof

www.buzzfeed.com... ... .opEPbJYMw
While (attending physician at the Medical University of South Carolina’s emergency room) Dr. Edward O’Bryan admitted he has no way of knowing exactly what happened inside the Emanuel AME church, he speculated that “if someone enters a room and starts spraying gunshots around, there will be other injuries.”
“We didn’t see any of those,” he said.

edit on 6-11-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: roadgravel
He may have been targeting in laws who attended the church but were not there at the time.
sounds like it, but he obviously wanted to damage Christianity as much as possible also, otherwise he could have just targeted them alone. I think he was an unstable man who grabbed onto the athiests antifa bandwagon. They definitely go hand in hand.

Okay, look, you guys really need to stop with the 'athiest antifa' blaming on this. It's utterly disgusting.

All of the evidence at this time points towards a man with a history of violence, who beat his wife and child, who was involved in a domestic dispute, and who went to the church he expected his in-laws to be at.

There is precisely zero evidence to suggest this is anything to do with Antifa or Liberals or any of that stuff. And that the alt-right keep trying to push their political agenda onto this is frankly revolting.

I find this fake outrage mind blowing after 8 years of Obama and after any attack the media instantly blaming the tea party. That was a political agenda by people with the power to move it. So, this is a mess that was made by the left and their media.

We've seen a lot of violence form the left and ANTIFA, directed towards the right and Republicans. I don't think it's so far fetched. It wasn't long ago one of your own gunned down a bunch of Republicans playing base ball.
edit on 6-11-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join