It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

They mentioned a gun store in San Antonio.

That people is a brick and mortar. Which means FFL.(tough to get).

Which have to follow tough regulations, and are required by LAW to perform the background check.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

As I noted earlier Bad Conduct discharge does not necessarily = Dishonorable Discharge.

The exact notations in his record are not clear at the moment. The Domestic Violence conviction should have disqualified him (absolutely, under current laws), but I'm not sure we know if those charges carry across exactly that way from a military conviction and imprisonment. They should, but we don't know exactly what the record shows (at least I don't).

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Nah, they have ladders in TX....

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

As I noted earlier Bad Conduct discharge does not necessarily = Dishonorable Discharge.

The exact notations in his record are not clear at the moment. The Domestic Violence conviction should have disqualified him (absolutely, under current laws), but I'm not sure we know if those charges carry across exactly that way from a military conviction and imprisonment. They should, but we don't know exactly what the record shows (at least I don't).

Well if that doesn't make it into the background check system the way it's currently structured, obviously that needs to be improved. It's a shame Democrats filibustered a bill last year to close up such loopholes in the background check system.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

One of the purchases was at an Academy Sports. If this is true they are screwed. I know there are plenty of 'back door' ways for firearms but that will not bode well for that company.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Looks like one or more gun dealers should be shut done. Sorry, follow the rules or find work you can actually do properly.

But reality says they get a pass due to a minor clerical error.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn’t have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said.

wgntv.com...

Yeah people!

LAWS fix everything!

ETA:

Lying is also a felony.

Denied to carry also.

edit on 6-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn’t have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado when he bought the rifle, the official said.

wgntv.com...

Yeah people!

LAWS fix everything!

ETA:

Lying is also a felony.

Denied to carry also.

It's not as easy as just lying on the form. They double-check it through the background check system. Obviously something went wrong there though.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
SHOULD you want to see for yourself...
DON'T worry, YES I look like HELL on paper,but my "psycher" says I'm sane if odd.
So feel free to come by.
THE FOOD is better I promise...don't eat packaged foods without a competent DETOX when you get home,not sure about what corn is anymore...
at issue here is there not a legal definition of sanity other than a Dr.
THAT is based on their skills and reputations,as well as a patient's honesty ,it can be altered by activism which is unacceptable and will cause patients to walk as well.

(I'M DYING to see what you make of our renaissance festival in the spring...AND wearing a sword there IS FINE or at cons here...)
BUT WE also have the most ARMED man in the country,5 bases and AWFUL craft beers.
BUT actual running gunfights are quite rare here,the police aren't nuts,WE ACTUALLY do as they ask ,they respond well,but Guns are all over,1911s ARE VERY popular.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Doesn't matter.

The store followed the law.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There's a psychology lesson to be learned
in how many have been led to follow and
accept the ridiculously contrived
narrative from main stream media
that these are spontaneous events.

Especially in light of the fact numerous
investigators, journalist, writers,
whistle blowers and ex-mkultra trainers
have sought to educate the public.

Just a cursory reading of Gematria
would educate the credulous the tptb
use numbers and symbols to
perpetrate these events.

Until then have fun turning these events
into a mental health issue.
edit on 11/6/2017 by MrBlaq because: Had to refill my RumChata

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Doesn't matter.

Do we really know that as fact...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Doesn't matter.

Yeah I agree. I'm not blaming the store. Somehow the guy didn't flag though. He obviously should have flagged. We need to investigate that, find out why, and fix it. Magazine limits, "assault weapon" bans and other crap being proposed in the media is not the answer, it's kneejerk politicizing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Doesn't matter.

Do we really know that as fact...

Saying this is fake news ?

wgntv.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Has anyone seen any reports on who the hostage was that the shooter took in the car with him when he fled? Just an innocent bystander, or was it someone involved in the family dynamics?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Do we know that Academy actually did the proper check?

If they did then the whole expensive check system, and whoever makes the money running it, sucks. I assume it's government employees but don't know positively.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
Has anyone seen any reports on who the hostage was that the shooter took in the car with him when he fled? Just an innocent bystander, or was it someone involved in the family dynamics?

No hostage...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Has anyone seen any reports on who the hostage was that the shooter took in the car with him...

Huh? You got a source?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wonder if he also will be found to have been taking anti-depressants?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You're getting confused by the ham-handed reporting. The killer didn't take a hostage. The killer was shot by a bystander, the killer then jumped in his car and fled, and the bystander flagged down a passing motorist and got in his car with him and they chased the killer.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join