It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Church Shooting : Thread

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Drunk drivers. What about a beer and whiskey ban. Wait, that didn't work, did it.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Deaf Alien

People die in hospitals, might as well close those down also.

Hell just bomb the entire Earth. Oh wait.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: queenofswords
On this day, 8 years ago, the Fort Hood shooting happened when Nidal Hasan fatally shot 13 people and injured about 30 others.

And it is still happening.

You see all these members who are defending their rights to own a gun and who are shouting down those of us who point out that all these guns might not be a good idea.

They have blood on their hands.

You lot are the reason there is not the political will to change, you lot are the reason that its not harder for these kind of evil men to go out and by those tools of death. Because you have not acted, you defended their right to go out killing.

This is your fault almost as much as it is the shooters.

And conversely, I hope you can sleep with the blood of all those killed with knives and vehicles in your UK Fantasia.

Their blood is on your hands as well then.

We have laws regarding knifes.

ie. you are not aloud to carry a knife in public, last I checked I think its a 5 year prison sentence.

You still have LOTS of stabbings.

Those knife laws sure do work, don't they..

Well they do work.

the recent report in the increase in use is actually driven by how we measure crime statistics and new crimes being introduced.

When it comes to uk crime stats there is loads of stuff that goes on behind those stats that need to be looked at. Peoples experience of crime has actually dropped 9%

www.theguardian.com...

Really though talking a out knifes vs guns is apples and oranges in view.

Isn't that the same source the measures the statistics on Terrorism.. Terrorism is at an all time low in Europe, but death by terrorism is up to all-time highs?

Statistics are about as useful as the talking points.

Violence is violence, be it knife or gun. Armed with a knife vs unarmed, knife guy has a statistically high chance of winning. Guy with gun vs guy with knife, typically gun guy wins. It's all relative. In all cases it's violence.

Traditionally, UK has a horrid problem with domestic violence, ya'll like to beat your sodding women, so. Don't get to above yourself there. Just because you banned guns, doesn't make you better or superior. Ya'll also drink a lot more then most Americans, too.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looks like a lost soul from initial reports. Has that crazy 1000 yard stare. He was maybe the father of a young child it looks like too but still had no regard for human life. Anyone who posts a gun by itself in a profile picture is already questionable at best (no offense to anyone here).

Link

Condolences to the victims and their families.
edit on 5-11-2017 by erikthegreen because: sad day

edit on 5-11-2017 by erikthegreen because: no offense

link   

a reply to: queenofswords

Your country's citizens are subjects.

No we are not.

Next.

Lol, yes you are.

link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah, as if there's some kind of pattern in all of this the craziness doesn't seem to end?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There are consequences for freedom....
Ironic!

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard, but terrorists have little trouble
www.washingtonpost.com... e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html?utm_term=.828d79c125a5

But officials acknowledge there is no clear solution. The same open-border policies that allow people and goods to flow freely across the continent also make it extremely difficult to crack down on illegal weapons — a fact that arms dealers have been all too eager to exploit.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: Cygnis
Devin Kelly is our shooter.

Or maybe he's just the patsy. Don't be so quick to buy into the hype.

News is saying his mother-in-law lived in the small town.

Could this be a domestic violence gone too far?

Perhaps Mr. Kelly wanted to eliminate his mother-in-law, and decided to go full retard and take out the whole church?

I don't buy anything.. Just putting the breadcrumbs out there for the sake of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Does the look of that rifle frighten you?
Does the color of that rifle frighten you?

Explain why YOU think it should be illegal....please, I honestly want to know your though on that point.

If I saw that rifle pointing at me, I like, all of the rest of you, would probably need a new pair of underpants.

I think it should be illegal because its only purpose is to kill other humans.

Pretty simple.

Or feral pigs, or unwanted critters that are trashing you property in a rural area (animal control does not come out), or one of your own critters that shouldn't have to wait for the vet to come euthanize, or an unwanted human criminal who is attacking you and yours in a rural area because the cops are usually a long ways away even at best speed ...

But, yeah, guns serve no purpose whatsoever except to murder.

link   

a reply to: queenofswords

Your country's citizens are subjects.

No we are not.

Next.

LOL!....okay

link   
a reply to: Cygnis

ya'll like to beat your sodding women

might want to try a little sensitivity.

I know I am just a few characters and a avatar on a computer screen to you but behind this screen is someone who could find the extremely hurtful.

also its not a contest, constantly banging on about the UK does not take away from the fact that you lot have massive gun control problems.

Yes in the UK we have some pretty big problems with crime, but its not gun crime.

This is just constant deflection.

link   
Not good...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Have they identified the shooter?

link   

Bullocks indeed.

The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”

edit on 5-11-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

link   
Not to sound vain my fellow old members, but how crazy do I sound now... our world is sick... I just spoke her language when I was thought of as crazy...

God bless those effected by this... sadness is not the expression I have for this.. this is a big insult to our way of life...

RIP.. THE WORLD IS INDEED SICK... dying by the day, that idea of ours is under attack.... don’t let anyone fool you... our creed, our religion, our way of life..

So it is.... just as I feared.. people will be more worried of a easy life,
Forget the story, we still don’t need hero’s... focus on the feeling... your feeling... as the castles burn..

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sensitivity?

So now you are the sensitivity police after thread after thread outright implying that some segments of this community are all but mentally ill or crazy or several other things for the actions we take or the things we support?

Now you want us to be careful of *your* feelings?

link   

edit on 5-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Have they identified the shooter?

Yes.

Devin Kelley

White male.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Not good...

Yeah, if that's the guy, that's someone with the wrong perspective. We have a serious narcissism complex in this country.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join