It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polls One Year Ago In The "FAKE NEWS"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Xcathdra

Bro. I heard Hillary Clinton had almost 3 million Americans vote for her. U mad?

Why would I be mad? She lost.

We dont use a national popular vote specifically to prevent tyranny by majority.

Is there something about this you think we don't understand? NOOO, the popular vote (which she won) doesn't determine who wins the election. We know that.

What's your point?
edit on 10/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Good thing it's still legal to live in a bubble !!

Long live the popular vote !!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: angeldoll

Hillary required removal as an issue.
Mission accomplished.

What?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

There is no such thing as a national popular vote.

Right. Ha. You should write a book and educate those who think differently. Like, all the rest of us. About Gore too.

You will continue to think differently right up until the next time this scenario occurs but the EC favors your horse in the race and popular vote favors that "deplorable guy." That's when you will magically learn all about why the EC was created and how it operates as if you have uncovered some deep and long forgotten wisdom ...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

We can keep going back and forth all night but ive learned not to argue with people who lost touch of reality.

Clinton lost.
Trump won.

There is no national popular vote and as I said read the Constitution and you will see that fact.

Get over your butt hurt.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

THREAD drift ,figure it up on your own now.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yes! Love it. The future TRUMP Presidential Library will have a room full of goodies from egg-faced MSM outlets. For 9 years, they will be creating FAKE news, FAKE polls, FAKE controversy...etc..

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

We can keep going back and forth all night but ive learned not to argue with people who lost touch of reality.

Clinton lost.
Trump won.

There is no national popular vote and as I said read the Constitution and you will see that fact.

Get over your butt hurt.

Okay, in order to show you that I know how to be condescending too, let me say this.

In the course of the presidential election, American voters cast more votes to Hillary Clinton, than they did Donald Trump.
However, in our country, the popular vote does not win. We have an electoral system which determines the final outcome.

Trump won that.
Hillary won the popular vote.

But you're right. I have no interest whatsoever in trying to have reasonable discourse with one who is so rude, arrogant and condescending. Sigh. I deserve so much better.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Clinton lost.
Trump won.

Get over your butt hurt.

Come to think of it...you're right. Popular vote in Presidential races don't mean a thing. Always trumped by the electoral college results.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

There is a massive disinformation campaign from the current administration (and picked-up by his supporters) to discredit reporting and polling.

I believe it is part of a conditioning to quell dissent of government, a movement towards the control of the citizenry which historically has lead to a bad outcome for all parties involved.

Criticism is deemed fake, the will of the people is labeled as fabricated, all the the while the sheep guide themselves to the slaughter.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is no such thing as a national popular vote.

Right. Ha. You should write a book and educate those who think differently. Like, all the rest of us. About Gore too.

You will continue to think differently right up until the next time this scenario occurs but the EC favors your horse in the race and popular vote favors that "deplorable guy." That's when you will magically learn all about why the EC was created and how it operates as if you have uncovered some deep and long forgotten wisdom ...

edit on 10/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It wasn't a blunder. The polls were taken from popular vote, and she actually DID win the popular vote. So, the projections were accurate at that moment.

And how did that work out for ya?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Because mistakes are never made???

Don't act like everyone was predicting Trump's win, because they weren't. Not even Trump himself which is why he was trying to come up with excuses before the election even happened. It was a complete shock to almost everyone.

But anyway, who the f*ck cares about that now??? Couldn't find anything good at the bottom of the barrel, so now you're actually just re-posting old information that we all know already and is now irrelevant??? Is that the point of this thread???

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

With 20/20 hindsight and retrospect can we ever trust polls again?

Out by 20% even, but I think that documentary on Frank Luntz polling techniques show just how far out the polls can be manufactured to be out.
With only 2 weeks to go to be out this much is "FAKE NEWS"

A year later, it stands as one of the biggest media blunders in modern times. but maybe more an outright lie than a blunder, and it makes them lose credibility. People will always say, "but remember 2016 and Trump" when these crazy figures ever come out again.

I hated Hillary, despised Trump, and voted for Jill Stein.

Because I thought Clinton was the main establishment choice, and I had seen how biased the media was in favor of her, I assumed up until halfway through election day that she would win. It wasn't a desire.

The strangest thing I have not admitted to anyone is that when it became apparent late at night that she might lose, I for the first time ever got a thrill that she might lose. It was almost a spiritual thing, and not intellectual at all, given I didn't support Trump nor have I ever supported a Republican presidential candidate in adulthood.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Huh? What is there to misunderstand?

I just don't see the significance of the map beyond your emotions. What's ironic to me is you went off about how the popular vote doesn't mean anything and then you posted a map of how each county voted as though that somehow means something.

A lot of people are uncomfortable with the idea that individual votes count much more in some states than others. I live in NJ for instance and because of how electoral votes are provisioned among states, my vote effectively counts as 1/3 of that of somebody in Wyoming.

The EC also creates an exploitable system where undue focus is placed on about a dozen states. I'm sure the FF didn't envision that either. How could they have?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Clinton lost.
Trump won.

Get over your butt hurt.

Okay, in order to show you that I know how to be condescending too, let me say this.

In the course of the presidential election, American voters cast more votes to Hillary Clinton...

How do you know that they were “American voters”? They showed no proof of citizenship.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The neutral voice is always appreciated, it always gives us a reprieve from the bias both sides have built into them.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

They looked at the real numbers and knew there was a chance she could lose, so they chose to go all in and try to influence the outcome with those extremely fake poll numbers.

Head honchos other than the trained pollsters decided what numbers to publish, and they probably paid off and lawyered the pollsters to silence. The pollsters knew, they had to have known or their profession should be relegated to the back of Carnival tents.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As I said earlier, I don't think we'd have seen many Trump fans (all of them scholars of civics) bleating the greatness of the EC had faithless electors blocked a Trump victory either.

I don't believe the EC is serving its intended purpose.

There is a common fault in the argumentation by conservatives. They seem to believe that if they can recite the reasons (well half the reasons) for the EC's establishment, that it's somehow an actual argument for its continuing existence.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Once, someone posted a back-door to a CNN repository where network "rejected" polls and other studies were kept in archives. It was startling to see the same ORCA poll published by CNN, residing in that archive, with completely different (more Trump favorable) numbers. The word "REJECTED" was typed in the color red...across the top. Anyone remember that?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join