It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polls One Year Ago In The "FAKE NEWS"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

With 20/20 hindsight and retrospect can we ever trust polls again?

Out by 20% even, but I think that documentary on Frank Luntz polling techniques show just how far out the polls can be manufactured to be out.
With only 2 weeks to go to be out this much is "FAKE NEWS"

A year later, it stands as one of the biggest media blunders in modern times. but maybe more an outright lie than a blunder, and it makes them lose credibility. People will always say, "but remember 2016 and Trump" when these crazy figures ever come out again.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When it comes to politics, I think most of the polling companies are about as incompetent as the CBO is with predicting ObamaCare costs/enrollment. Pollsters and the CBO are in over their heads when predicting human nature.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane with the New York Times. I'm hoping to see a huge thread on November 8th, the 1 year anniversary of Donald Trump utterly destroying Hillary.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
And then came "James".

The NYTimes was getting erroneous "ahead of time" info from Donna Brazile.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Then you will love this one

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Probably to push the narrative that Trump is an outsider when he's really not.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It wasn't a blunder. The polls were taken from popular vote, and she actually DID win the popular vote. So, the projections were accurate at that moment.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The worst thing about the left is they believe their own manufactured manipulations, and that's why the tears flowed and people cried out in agony when they lost. Even the talking heads on election night were legitimately dumbfounded by what just happened. The Young Turks were a great example of this.
edit on 23-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It wasn't a blunder. The polls were taken from popular vote, and she actually DID win the popular vote. So, the projections were accurate at that moment.

There is no such thing as a national popular vote. We hold 51 individual popular votes (50 states and DC). Clinton won the popular vote in all the states she carried and Trump won the popular vote in all the states he carried.

Trump won over 2500+ counties and Clinton won just over 450+ counties.

New York and California dont get to invalidate the votes of people in other states.

Something the left needs to learn.

and for the record Al Gore didnt lose the election because of Florida. He lost the election because of W. Virginia. A state the Democrats thought was untouchable at the time when Bush won it.. Just like Hillary's "blue wall".
edit on 23-10-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There is no such thing as a national popular vote.

Right. Ha. You should write a book and educate those who think differently. Like, all the rest of us. About Gore too.

edit on 10/23/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   

With 20/20 hindsight and retrospect can we ever trust polls again?

Oh look, a forecast from 10/23 failed to predict the outcome of the election. Super!

Polls and forecasts are not the same thing. Forecasts are generated using available data (such as polls) and they evolve over time, typically becoming more accurate as they draw closer to the event.

but maybe more an outright lie than a blunder

Why do Trump supporters pretend that they care about honesty when clearly, they do not?

This OP is like a story from a middle aged dead beat who peaked in high school and is still telling stories of his glory days thirty years prior.

Clearly you're not too busy "winning" to look for high fives about last year's news.
edit on 2017-10-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You know how find a proper average of things, you always removes the highest and lowest variables, for Hillary that would be California, remove that aspect of the popular vote and she lost that too.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Right.

Yes, I am right.

We use an electoral college system.

You should look it up.

ETA - the problem is you dont think differently. You believe something that is not true. Like a national popular vote.

Educate yourself and get back to us in the thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Obviously those projected outcomes severely underestimated the Russians potential influence on the outcome.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

You know how find a proper average of things, you always removes the highest and lowest variables, for Hillary that would be California, remove that aspect of the popular vote and she lost that too.

There are many ways to determine an average that I am aware of. You can manipulate figures.
You are demeaning the pollsters who for the most part studied many years, and have many degrees to be able to do their jobs with as much accuracy as possible.

She won the popular vote.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

and going into the election itself the polls were still wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

There are many ways to determine an average that I am aware of. You can manipulate figures.
You are demeaning the pollsters who for the most part studied many years, and have many degrees to be able to do their jobs with as much accuracy as possible.

She won the popular vote.

She did not win a non existent popular vote.

Secondly those pollsters shouldnt pad their question with more democrats and less republicans and independents.

link   

So...you are attempting to verify it isn't a media's obstructive effort to manipulate the election,then.
THANK you for yours and I mean ONLY your opinion, lying for both sides as is LEGAL and indeed part of the institution to do so as a function.
I think I got a better clue, due to higher reading myself.
I like historic subjects and killing communist governments that DO this very thing as a function, since OBAMA authorized legal Propaganda for Marxist infiltration like he has for Jihadists with the "Cloward and Piven" game he's still losing and leading the DNC with the failure.
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Right.

Yes, I am right.

We use an electoral college system.

You should look it up.

ETA - the problem is you dont think differently. You believe something that is not true. Like a national popular vote.

Educate yourself and get back to us in the thread.

Oh for pity's sake. Lose the condescension. I'm well aware that the liar in chief won the electoral vote, and consequently the election. Get off your high horse.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

As for Gore Bush -

Bush won the election with 271 electoral votes. W. Virginia is the state that put bush over, NOT Florida.

Had Bush not won W. Virginia he would not have won the Presidency. W. Virginia 5 electoral votes would have put gore over the top.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join