It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polls One Year Ago In The "FAKE NEWS"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

A year later, it stands as one of the biggest media blunders in modern times. but maybe more an outright lie than a blunder, and it makes them lose credibility.

I hate the lame excuse of "Wow, how did we get it so wrong?" about all the polling and commentary. The Media was SOooooo in the tank for Clinton it's laughable to even debate it.
edit on 23-10-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Christ, not this crap again.

First, that 93% chance to win nonsense is NOT a poll.

Second, the national polls were EXTREMELY accurate. They were, in fact, more accurate than in any presidential run-up since the 1930s. Yes, I can back this up with links if you guys aren't familiar with the Google.

There were a handful of state polls that sucked. But everyone sort of knew they sucked, either because they used poor methodology or because there were way too few of them.

But since MOST of the time, the winner of the national popular vote ALSO wins the EC, the pundits mistakenly ignored the crappy state polls. And I mean, really, how could they have possibly known that the handful of states with poor polling would just happen to be the states that swung in Trump's favor?

The bottom line is that the polls were not nearly as inaccurate as people claim.

I hope everyone has learned not to rely on national popular vote polls. Instead, we need better polling at the state level, if we're going to keep popular vote totals within 3 or 4 percent.
edit on 23-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

These are the early days, leading up to the 1 year anniversary celebration, coming on November 8, 2017.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

You will continue to think differently right up until the next time this scenario occurs but the EC favors your horse in the race and popular vote favors that "deplorable guy." That's when you will magically learn all about why the EC was created and how it operates as if you have uncovered some deep and long forgotten wisdom ...

As I said earlier, I don't think we'd have seen many Trump fans (all of them scholars of civics) bleating the greatness of the EC had faithless electors blocked a Trump victory either.

I don't believe the EC is serving its intended purpose.

There is a common fault in the argumentation by conservatives. They seem to believe that if they can recite the reasons (well half the reasons) for the EC's establishment, that it's somehow an actual argument for its continuing existence.

This is an easy one,

Without the EC, Marxist Kalifornistan would elect every POTUS with the help of the Left WIng slave ghettos scattered about the land in such esteemed locales as the seedy parts of Chicago, St Louis, NY but only after their get out the vote racebaiting riot squads burn, rape and pillage for the Reeboks, iphones and free liquor store booty.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Dudemo5

These are the early days, leading up to the 1 year anniversary celebration, coming on November 8, 2017.

Might be nice if one could celebrate without falsely claiming the polls were so inaccurate that they "could never be trusted again."

The national polls were extremely accurate, on average.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Instead, we need better polling at the state level, if we're going to keep popular vote totals within 3 or 4 percent.

Kind of hard to do without an investigation into why the polls are not accurate. California don't like investigations into their polling matters, especially their voting matters.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

a reply to: angeldoll

You know how find a proper average of things, you always removes the highest and lowest variables, for Hillary that would be California, remove that aspect of the popular vote and she lost that too.

There are many ways to determine an average that I am aware of. You can manipulate figures.
You are demeaning the pollsters who for the most part studied many years, and have many degrees to be able to do their jobs with as much accuracy as possible.

She won the popular vote.

I'll concede she did get more "hits" in a baseball game that uses runs scored to determine the winner. You see, you can play that game and have 10 hits, and still lose 1 - 0 over 9 innings.

Accept that your way of measuring is irrelevant in winning the political game.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hillary had a no-hitter going until she gave up a home run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The two biggest reasons for Trumps victory were, in no particular order, Hillary Clinton and the Press.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hillary had a no-hitter going until she gave up a home run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.

Exactly, well put. Even though her team had a lot more hits on the board They still lost 1 - 0 due to that single HR. But, the team itself didn't score either during the entire game. They only left men on base in each inning (state).

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

My sincerest wish is that you would get a TV show of your own. Your white genocide hysteria would do wonders for the wingnut image.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The neutral voice is always appreciated, it always gives us a reprieve from the bias both sides have built into them.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, we need people trying their best to see both sides of the story, especially in these very divided times.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by angeldoll

Trump won that.
Hillary won the popular vote.

My God, the taste of those tears always taste better every day, its amazing.

What exactly was the prize Hillary won with that great victory of hers? Did she win the majority of States or Counties?

Keep Resisting.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TinfoilTP

My sincerest wish is that you would get a TV show of your own. Your white genocide hysteria would do wonders for the wingnut image.

Network executives would be soiling themselves, and their secretary's potted ferns after viewing my pilot. They couldn't afford that amount of hush money, it would be their ruin.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The worst thing about the left is they believe their own manufactured manipulations, and that's why the tears flowed and people cried out in agony when they lost. Even the talking heads on election night were legitimately dumbfounded by what just happened. The Young Turks were a great example of this.

Many are, especially mainstream ones.

However, plenty of us "leftists" know the issues, and how corrupt the DNC is (Not to mention the RNC). We also know that identity politics is ruining the Democratic Party.

Main point, don't generalize based on CNN and establishment Dems.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: xuenchen

Exactly, well put. Even though her team had a lot more hits on the board They still lost 1 - 0 due to that single HR. But, the team itself didn't score either during the entire game. They only left men on base in each inning (state).

That's an excellent analogy!

But I view Hillary more as a mean head-coach, and Podesta as the assistant-coach, who gets kicked in the ass several times a day by the pant-suited head coach.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is the voting block from just LA, there is no way LA should get to decide and control the whole country.

Los Angeles

2,464,364 Clinton
769,743 Trump

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone relates to this on the left.

This election was truly a dividing line in my life, philosophically, socially, even career-wise. Prior to this election I think I was fully accepted even by mainstream liberals and democrats. I was often seen as one. However, from around September/October 2016 when I criticized Clinton on FB as a neo-con war monger and wall street shill (in more careful terms than that), things began to change. I also work with a lot of establishment former Dem campaign staff. Immediately after that the dynamic at work with many of them changed. I also pushed back a bit in person with such folks about the narrative, Clinton, "Bernie-bros" hate from the DNC, media bias, etc. From around a year ago on wards it seems like I'm slowly being removed from the echo chamber, both in my personal life and professionally (which is really hard to be honest and is actually affecting my work). I really weighed my choices during the election, and I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton despite the "specter of Trump." I decided to vote for Jill Stein.

After the election, I never bought the Russian narrative in the form the Democrats and media are pushing it. This only increased my alienation from a good half of my liberal friends. There are now several former friends and colleagues that are quite cold to me and standoffish. Some don't even talk to me online anymore (for those who no longer live nearby). It's not that I left those relationships, they did because they couldn't handle a lefty in their midst not buying the narrative and jumping in the Trump hysteria or being a blind Clinton supporter.

Many also tried to trash third party voters like myself.

I know now that this has been a defining time in my life as a result. It really exposed to me how brainwashed so many establishment people, including Democrats, really are. I had been on the fence about leaving the Democrat Party since the Libyan fiasco under Clinton and Obama. After this election, I am full on independent and do not identify as a Democrat anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yeah It's to bad politics has become like this scene in America

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I wonder if anyone relates to this on the left.

This election was truly a dividing line in my life, philosophically, socially, even career-wise. Prior to this election I think I was fully accepted even by mainstream liberals and democrats. I was often seen as one. However, from around September/October 2016 when I criticized Clinton on FB as a neo-con war monger and wall street shill (in more careful terms than that), things began to change. I also work with a lot of establishment former Dem campaign staff. Immediately after that the dynamic at work with many of them changed. I also pushed back a bit in person with such folks about the narrative, Clinton, "Bernie-bros" hate from the DNC, media bias, etc. From around a year ago on wards it seems like I'm slowly being removed from the echo chamber, both in my personal life and professionally (which is really hard to be honest and is actually affecting my work). I really weighed my choices during the election, and I couldn't bring myself to vote for Clinton despite the "specter of Trump." I decided to vote for Jill Stein.

After the election, I never bought the Russian narrative in the form the Democrats and media are pushing it. This only increased my alienation from a good half of my liberal friends. There are now several former friends and colleagues that are quite cold to me and standoffish. Some don't even talk to me online anymore (for those who no longer live nearby). It's not that I left those relationships, they did because they couldn't handle a lefty in their midst not buying the narrative and jumping in the Trump hysteria or being a blind Clinton supporter.

Many also tried to trash third party voters like myself.

I know now that this has been a defining time in my life as a result. It really exposed to me how brainwashed so many establishment people, including Democrats, really are. I had been on the fence about leaving the Democrat Party since the Libyan fiasco under Clinton and Obama. After this election, I am full on independent and do not identify as a Democrat anymore.

they were never your friends if thats how they acted. ive seen the same thing time and time again myself with many of my liberal friends who were upset at me not for supporting trump or talking about clinton, but instead for criticizing their rants that had zero evidence or historical facts to backup an argument. so id give them the advice to develop an actual argument based on historical evidence of such abuses they claimed so they could have an actual argument. that alone sent many into a tirade and frenzy of rascist bigoted remarks and personal attacks. it just amazes me that people youve known since you were a child can forget everything they know about u and lose their mind cause u didnt go along with them 100% on this issue.
which kinda leads me to believe what were seeing really doesnt even have to do with politics its just one of the effects of something else that is causing this type of thinking in people. imo i attribute it to the breakup of the family unit, from grandparents to uncles to nieces and nephews. i think were supposed to always be around our family cause you never stop learning in life and your elders always have wisdom to teach, just as the youth have the ability to teach the older whats hip and new and coming into the world. it bridges the gaps we have in our society imo. plus it does take more then just 2 people to raise a child especially when those parents are maybe just stepping out of being a child and have a whole lifetime of learning ahead of themselves
edit on 23-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join