It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

20 Pages back is the time he should of just stopped posting in this thread and saved just a tiny shred of dignity for any future threads or posts.

20? I was thinking 21

The problem with this thread (there are many) is that once he got caught out, he made another lie to cover the first. Then another to cover the 2nd. And so on till we get to where we are now.

Now, as I said before, if this thread would have posed a question of if it’s possible at some point and what type of tech would be needed, it could have been quite a good thread. Instead we get the OP trying to pass off a link about feasibility as some sort of proof that it’s going to happen (even though the link clearly stated it wasn’t feasable), links to ideas and old patents (even though this new GPS chip and enabler/disabler doesn’t have a patent) and links to smart weapons (that the OP originally said the thread wasn’t about).

It’s just a waste of a good thought experiment because of the many lies and half truths.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yup.

"Concepts for Future Firearm Laws & Technology".

Just the title alone for a thread without posting anything in the first post would of got the ball rolling pretty good and would of had some nice posts in it.

Directed Energy weapons, future tech in the next 50 odd years etc, would of been great.

But nope, Ninja broom stick in the nose, spoon throat breaking family instead.

edit on 25-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"Concepts for Future Firearm Laws & Technology"

That does have a good ring to it.

Just the title alone for a thread without posting anything in the first post would of got the ball rolling pretty good and would of had some nice posts in it.

Directed Energy weapons, future tech in the next 50 odd years etc, would of been great.

I would quite happily participate in ideas for a thread like like. The ideas would be amazing too. RoboCop, Fallout games plasma, laser and gauss weapons, DOOM types, future GPS/radio/new types of tracking tech requirements and limitations. The ideas would be endless and a lot of fun.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Although I can see where many, would like to believe this is possible. I don't see it happening without a very high price. Somebody has been watching to much science fiction.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

And the best thing is? We actually have the starting tech to development the tech (except for a high powered energy module, the problem with all our tech is we don't have the damn power for it).

I would help in partake in a thread of that style, unfortunately I'm not good at making threads or slinging those things together - my brain only goes into enthusiastic/running/Intellect mode randomly and sporadically - most days now I can barely think what food I want for dinner, bah, when a subject comes up I love or know quite a bit about is when I do detailed posts (and often I can't find the words to type it with).

The reigns are handed to the smarterer person.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Such a shame, the OP seems to be AWOL and can't answer out questions.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
AWOL, Yes, I was tired of minds who are small to what companies and our govt are doing to curb our rights and how they can control our rights to gun ownership.

Do you think Texas is just a coincidence?

I thro not.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You mean you were tired of being proven being wrong

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

our govt are doing to curb our rights and how they can control our rights to gun ownership.

You said it’s not going to happen. YOU admitted it was a lie. You said it’s nothing more than an idea you and a few “buddies”, sat around a table, came up with. Now you’re back to saying it is going to happen, even though it’s not currently possible.

I await you posting more links that don’t have anything to do with an imaginary bill “soon to be passed”.
edit on 5112017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Still waiting for TPTB to remove the thread, like promised.

Or proof of his story.

Or even something believable.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Still waiting for TPTB to remove the thread, like promised.

Or proof of his story.

Or even something believable.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Chester has a family of ninjas? It's more likely your family went to a slap fight competition..... and lost.

Thanks for the chuckle

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

No, It seems anyone who thinks that there are no developed technology out there for smart guns/iGuns, Are the ones who are wrong, dead wrong.

I took the time to research both on-line and through phone conversations since I last logged into ATS (not counting last night I was to tired to post) I have found that Smart gun/iGun technology has come a long way. I thought it has been in development only since 2003 but in reality I found it has been since 1998.

It is not just firearms themselves that are being developed, there is also software that will also be available to homes, Hospitals, Churches, Govt Buildings and if wanted city wide (Google, Apple, Dell and HP are not on the gun owner rights side). i.e these are network administrative software programs that would allow smart guns/iGuns to be disabled from firing unless their chip identifier ID is preregistered. Of course I was told this would be useless with older guns. And in the case of an EMP, yes I asked the question, smart weapons would be rendered useless, because the batteries that keep electrical charge for chips in the guns would damage the chips and render the smart guns/iGuns useless. This is how the software basically works (already developed just not available for sale) Alexa, Cortana and Siri voice controlled systems,by the way, are at the forefront of much of this software technology.

So for the sake of argument, Let's say that smart guns/iGuns were already in mass distribution among the citizens. Take today's shooting as a example. Let's say the shooter had (already developed but not under manufacturing in mass yet) a smart rifle, a smart 9mm and or a smart 12 gauge shotgun. The software would allow anyone who had preregistered firearm chip ID to actively shoot within their software network range. If anyone walked within range of their network and their firearm was not registered the smart gun/iGun would not be able to fire. Of course the system is useless if they had an older firearm.

Thought all those free wifi hot spots were for access just to the internet, those same hot spots can turn a whole city into a smart gun/iGun gun fire free zone (again older weapons would still work). I am sure there will be hacks into these as Alexa is already showing it vulnerabilities. Not only that but there is in the making for Alexa a program upgrade that if it hears a bang louder than 9db it will call the police and report a shooting. Don't forget to tell Alexa you are using your 22 cal nail gun or you may get a visit from the police.

Now let's look at the smart gun/iGun tech, again already developed just not in production. There are four basic ideas, one as we seen with the Armatix wrist watch type component with the gun within 10 inches the gun will fire, outside that area the gun is useless, except to bludgeon someone with.

There is one company here in the US that similar to your chipped car key you have a battery and an integrated chip in the gun, you then slide in a chipped key tethered to a Stainless steel braided bracelet on your arm in order to activate the firing mechanism. If an opponent takes the gun from you the key can be pulled from the gun and rendering it useless to your opponent. Not only that a child can't pick it up and accidentally shoot someone or themselves. Keys from others smart guns/iGuns wont work in a similar firearm.

There is the magnetic type rings or bracelets that only when the magnet is right next to the gun can the gun fire. The problem there is anyone with a magnet can fire the weapon. A great idea as a safety feature to keep kids safe, not so great and idea to keep someone from using it on you.

One company rep I spoke to would not give to much detail said they are producing a flat bracelet that will go along with the gun, any gun they make, it too is chip technology, similar to the watch the gun could not be fired once out of range of the bracelet.

As for those who said we would just disable he smart gun with a magnet, they are making it to where if you wipe out the chip with a magnet the gun is useless and wont fire.

Now, I couldn't get the companies to go into details nor give me patent numbers (most pending) but they assured me that once the market is calling for them they are ready.

I am wondering if these shootings of late are just a way to get smart gun/iGun tech passed into law faster, I mean if they have been developing it for 20 years now they are ready to get these on the market. The software is in a whole other league in itself. Imagine Comcast, Verizon, or any other internet service provider could add to their (if not already installed) routers, a chip activated program that would keep you from using your smart gun/iGun in your own home against an intruder or for suicide/child safety.

Buy older guns now and keep em close. I don't think it will be too long at this rate before we see the legislation go into place to make all smart guns/iGuns available to the public.

We have smart cars, smart homes the next logical step is smart guns and most of the technology is already developed dispite anyones naysaying.

edit on 5-11-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You don't read what people write in reply to you do you?

Several of us talked about smart guns. You said that was not what you were talking about. You said "this is something else and the public does not know about it". You said it was a resolution soon to be passed.

You then posted patents to smart guns. Including one which disproved your op.

You don't understand GOS or technology.

OH and I am still waiting on this to be brought down by TPTB.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

and most of the technology is already developed dispite anyones naysaying.

You just can’t help but inject fantasy into your replies, can you?

No, the technology isn’t developed.
No, there’s no bill soon to be passed.

What you proposed in your OP and follow on posted isn’t technologically possible with the state of our current tech. The sooner you actually understand that, the sooner you’ll realise that your whole thread is pure fantasy.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Denial is not a place in Egypt it is in your head.

Despite what many of you think the tech is already in place not just in firearms but in software tech via networks. It just is not a demand but if we have anymore events like today, Walmart and LV it will come sooner than many of you think.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You have yet to show evidence that this is a "resolution soon to be passed" . NOW you are increasing the lie to include this as some "software to be spread".

On top of all this, you use the tragedy of today, as a tool to make your story seem real.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

the tech is already in place not just in firearms but in software tech via networks.

You keep saying it, but it doesn’t make it true.

Current GPS technology just won’t allow it to happen. It’s really just that simple and, until I’m proven wrong, your story is just that, a story.

Here’s the thing, Chester. You haven’t been able to show ANYTHING to suggest that it’s possible anytime soon, let alone a bill “soon to be passed” that YOU admitted was a lie.

This thread deserves to be in the the Short Stories forum, because that’s all it is. There hasn’t been a single fact to back up anything you’ve said. This shouldn’t have been put in Skunk Works and you should have been made to put up or shut up.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Noid, denial does not fit you. do your own research if you don't trust mine.

Otherwise shove off.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

GPS was the first idea in 1997, smart guns have grown since then and the software is what also goes along with it from the non-gun advocates.

Do your research if you don't trust mine.

Otherwise give up, you're wrong the Smart tech for guns is real and ready and the software companies already too both in supporting smart gun tech and disabling it.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join