It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Stop making stuff up.

One of the links YOU provided said it wasnt viable.

GPS has dead spots.

The current GPS hardware and software can’t handle the extra MILLIONS of signals.

Your drinking-table-idea won’t work.
edit on 6112017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I thought I would just show everyone how the OP keeps contradicting himself. I’ll do quotes from his various posts.

Title of thread

Firearms resolution to soon be passed.

From his opening post

If passed by congress in a closed session of course

From page 1

These next steps if allowed to be implemented

Still page 1

Things are going down and they will go down quickly

From page 2

Again I didn't say it is going to happen but it was one idea.

Still page 2

before they implement something like this soon enough.

More from page 2

but please this was only part of a suggestion

From the same post on page 2

I am not saying ti will happen but only that it will some day happen.

From page 3

Again this is only an idea put forth

More from page 3

I didn't start this thread to say it is happening NOW

From page 4

But no one says this is being implementing I brought it out into the open.

(I got bored after page 4, so couldn’t be bothered to copy paste the rest of them)

So it goes from being “soon to be passed” to “if it’s implemented” on page one. Then to “just an idea” by page 2.

He also completely disregards all of the flaws with GPS, which would render this “idea” useless.

Add in that there are no patents, no patents pending, zero evidence presented AND a link he supplied saying it isn’t viable, and you end up with a big, fat nothing.
edit on 6112017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What makes you think I've NOT done my own research? I know I have done my research neighbour.

YOU have to back up your claims.

Show the Motion that will be soon passed.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

it'll come still under work and now may be revised again.

Thanks for you unbiased research.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Neighbour, stop lying. there would be evidence of that motion if it existed. You could provide it. You can not. Thus it does not exist.

Nor are you part of any working group that the government is running (sorry an alphabet agency).

Provide the proof, or admit this is a fantasy. Much like your spoon self defense (again, I'm a proponent of the Fairbarin-Sykes and Nelson lineages of Combatives, I know some Krav, and Pancreation, and Systema (waste of time). Your spoon story, is not something any serious self defense person would say... unless you are Ashida Kim or Ron Collins

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

All I know is those dudes make an awesome dagger
Gerber has a model designed according to Fairbarin-Sykes' specs as well

I was pretty amazed to still see this thread rolling along, but it is Skunk Works after all

edit on 11/6/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

That dagger is sweet, though the Smatchette is more my speed (aka the Fairsword).

This thread is rolling along, because the OP started it outside Skunkworks, but got rescued briginging it in here
He does not have to prove his fantasy. But he thinks he can

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Earmarks, did ya read they're goin' to be bring back earmarks to passing bills in Congress. Well we all know what comes with them now don't we? That's right little bits of compromise and bills to limit your rights, and about making the world a safer place to live in, like adding a smart gun mandatory production clause, no bump stocks, Gun tracking, small magazines and limited sales of ammunition.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

like adding a smart gun mandatory production clause

It isn't doable. Not only is the technology far too easy to circumvent (as described earlier, via technical and mechanical means), but there are 400,000,000 guns already in circulation. Beyond that, they are simply too easy to purchase on the black market or simply craft in your garage (which is perfectly legal)

no bump stocks

They're worthless as a defensive tool, in general. Unless you're suppressing a large advancing force or covering for your own, why bother with automatic fire? It wastes ammo, is less accurate and is a liability in a non-SHTF/WROL scenario.

Gun tracking

That is illegal. And what about the ~400,000,000 guns already circulating, without any way to "track"?

small magazines

Again, these are easy to find on the Internet or from private sellers. And most serious gun owners already own dozens (or hundreds) of magazines (esp. P-mags)

limited sales of ammunition

There are trillions of rounds already in circulation. And what about reloaders?

I'm not saying no one is trying to accomplish these goals. However, it is only extremists seeking to attack the second amendment in such ways. Rest assured, they will fail entirely and pro-2A advocates will prevail. There is simply no way to achieve their goals, or anything that even resembles their goals.

We will defy and ignore unconstitutional laws.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It is already in production but there currently is no market for it.

At one time no one was required to have car insurance then congress and the senate passed a bill that forced us to have to have it.

Go back through the thread where I did explain that Gun Manufactures have been taking US Grants since 1997 to produce smart gun tech, They can track guns via the the same function as a cell phone gps location can be done via the towers that ping every 30 seconds where that gun is, There are different devices being to allow guns on Police fire but if the gun is taken from the officer the criminal cannot use it because of a small device installed in the gun through Integrated chi tech which has gotten very small over the years.

Some of the devices will not let you activate and fire your gun in an unregistered wifi network. Read some of my previous posts that tell what they are doing and are ready of the govt enforces it, Via an earmark attached to a bill.

This is not about taking of taking away our rights to buy and have a fire arm but a way to make owning a gun more safety in case it is stolen.

Can people get around it I think so. Use older guns or some sort of program that reprogrammed the smart firearm to fire even in places/network it would normally be disallowed.

edit on 6-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

They can track guns via the the same function as a cell phone gps location can be done via the towers that ping every 30 seconds where that gun is,

And it’s already been explained to you just how impractical that is.

Cell phone signal dead spots.
WiFi signal dead spots.
GPS dead spots.

Your mythical “GPD” can’t work due to the lack of satellites and the inability of the current one to handle the extra MILLIONS of signals.

You would need 100% coverage, and that just doesn’t exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Self defense in some parts of the US means carrying for defense against wolves, bears, and mountion lions.

Also many parts of the rural US do not have public ranges because there is no need for them.

This is why they have gun laws in some states like alaska.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

yeah yeah yeah, we know all about the down side to the smart gun but that doesn't make any less viable to pass as a law. anything to say we can control the people.

are you saying you don't know what a Global Positioning Device (GPD), also known as a GPS, is?

Lets see there are 2,000 functioning Satellites in orbit and a good many of them are communication Satellites. I am sure there are plenty. The problem is hackable software, service down time, network vulnerabilities etc etc etc. Everyone knows the upside and the down side to them but they are coming. At the rate our government moves I would say soon would be later than never.

You're such a kill joy.

Also now that they want ear marks going again, that is how they will get such a bill passed.

edit on 7-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: added info and spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

but that doesn't make any less viable to pass as a law. anything to say we can control the people.

A link YOU provided said it wasn’t viable. Remember?

are you saying you don't know what a Global Positioning Device (GPD), also known as a GPS, is?

That’s all GPS. Not some GPD that you have been referring to.

Lets see there are 2,000 functioning Satellites in orbit and a good many of them are communication Satellites.

You might want to do a bit more research. If you add ALL of American satellites, you only have roughly 803. World wide, there are only 1738 (Correct as of 31st August 2017)

18 civil
476 commercial
150 government
159 military

The problem is hackable software, service down time, network vulnerabilities etc etc etc.

And that there isn’t enough American satellites to cover 300,000+ million extra GPS signals AND the dead spots.

You're such a kill joy.

I just know how to work with facts, rather than making things up.

Also now that they want ear marks going again, that is how they will get such a bill passed.

Again with the fiction.

Your idea is nice, in theory, but when you look at the ACTUAL necessary technological needs, and what there actually is, for such a system to work, you find that it just wouldn’t happen for a couple of decades.
edit on 712018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
...like adding a smart gun mandatory production clause...

You fetishizing over your made up technology and laws again?

Call us when your fantasy 'earmark' shows up.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Evidence?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It is already in production but there currently is no market for it.

Firearms manufacturers are generally not in the business of making products that there's no market for. ...and, I daresay, there wouldn't/won't be a market for this fantasy technology of yours.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Firearms manufacturers are generally not in the business of making products that there's no market for. ...and, I daresay, there wouldn't/won't be a market for this fantasy technology of yours.

I would extend that to every business. Who in their right mind has a business model of 'build widgets that no one is buying'?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

None that I know of...

I worked in that area for a while some years ago, and I doubt it's changed since. We didn't produce items that there was no market for. Ever.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Today the announce they are going to be adding earmarks back into congress and senate read, that was in the news I read it and I am sure you find the story.

Gun manufactures have been taking grants from the US Govt since 1997 for the manufacturing technology of smart weapons. Most are for military application. There are plenty of sites to look at already posted the links early on in the thread. Google smart gun manufactures and you will find some pretty good sites and articles both in support and some not so.

I called and spoke with Remington, S&W and Colt sales rep, and I asked about their developments into smart guns, he says they have lots of R&D ongoing, and some units already in use in the military. Most just have special siting and can bend around corners and can fire a round. They have prototypes of smart handguns and Rifles that could one day go into mass production if the laws change for the requirement for the general public. They are even working on smart Ammo as well. They are anticipating that the Govt will change the laws and as any intelligent business plan you stay ahead of the curve so when the time comes, and it will, you can quickly get your product to the market.

Buy as many older hand guns and rifles as you can now. But you will need to reload you own brass and slugs, Because supposedly their smart ammo wont work in older guns.

edit on 8-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: corrected spelling and added some info.

new topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join