It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Eh, who cares really? They will be part of boy scouts but in all girl troops. I am ok with this

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I can't think of a reason he couldn't be around girls in that same club- what is the problem?

As I said he can grow there without competing, really good for the homely and unpopular with the opposite sex to have a place to feel equal in the activities. Fatherless boys can be exposed to having a strong male leader and approval for carving or whatever they are working on builds character and a sense of self.

The girls need the same in a female atmosphere.

So what if the scout leader / master is a female?
You not going to enroll your kid because it's run by a female?

What you are bringing forth is something that people thought back in the 50s and 60s. Going to a meeting once a week isnt going to fill the void of a fatherless household.
Besides the point is scouts isn't to indoctrinate boys into manhood it's to introduce kids into survival, outdoors, community service, friendships, teamwork etc, etc.
I too still do not see the issue all I see here is blatant sexism.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From the OP article and like I said back on page two...

In practice, Cub Scout "dens" — subdivisions of larger groups, called "packs" — will be segregated by gender. Existing packs may choose to establish new, separate packs for girls, opt for a co-ed pack, or remain an all-boy pack.

CNBC

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Dude, there are male cheerleaders, you can be on the squad if you want to, and no one is saying girls will be showering with boys in the boy scouts. Your way of thinking is so off man. The will be part of Boy Scouts but will have all girl troops.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

100% in agreement with you on this

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

How does one "indoctrinate boys into manhood"?

Holy s# you people.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If that's all, and there's already a Girl Scouts, then why the need for convergence, aside from this being the icing on the cake The Feminist Agenda has been baking for America?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Who gives a f@ck, my niece has joined my nephew's scout troop..the world still turns and she get's to do things she likes.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Have any of you even looked past the headline and actually at the details? They will be part of Boy Scouts but have all girl troops so there will be no boys and girls camping together. Even if it were who cares, did none of you go away to summer camp as a kid? Mine were all coed with girls on one side, boys on the other, and you had co ed activities during the day. Same concept here. I really don't see the big deal. I think it is great.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

How does one "indoctrinate boys into manhood"?

Holy s# you people.

It was an expression, figure of speech.

But anyone can indoctrinate anyone into anything with enough mind games. Including driving into boys heads that this and that is manly and this and that isn't.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

so the boys are creeps and the scout leaders are pervs?
bummer

I think I agree with your statement.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

because girl scouts suck and boy scouts do cool #

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Have any of you even looked past the headline and actually at the details? They will be part of Boy Scouts but have all girl troops so there will be no boys and girls camping together. Even if it were who cares, did none of you go away to summer camp as a kid? Mine were all coed with girls on one side, boys on the other, and you had co ed activities during the day. Same concept here. I really don't see the big deal. I think it is great.

i dont understand the horror of boys and girls camping together if that happened. i guess that is too much for some people to deal with.

the are #ing 7 year old boys and girls that attend the childrens jiu jitsu class at my school and they grapple together. as in a boy and girl rolling around on the ground with each other. on each others backs. legs wrapped around each other. etc etc and things are just fine. that happens at thousands of schools across this country and some #ing kids/parents cant handle it if there is co ed camping?

give me a break....

who is going to teach a boy how to be a man?
give me a break

im sure people are going to come in here with their personal stories and tell me how wrong i am but here it is.

of course i have no facts for this. just a hunch

80% of parents that put their precious little boys into boy scouts are not putting them in to learn how to be a man. i dont believe it for a second. they are putting them in it to learn some skills that they learned when they were a kid. they are putting them in it to make some friends. they are putting them in it to give them and activity and lest we forget they are putting them in it to give mommy and daddy some hump time.
again, just a hunch.

if in 2017 you are putting your son into the scouts to learn how to become a man then you have some issues.

and same with summer camp. i am sure a huge reason your parents sent you to camp was fun and friends and activities....and the other huge reason was mommy and daddy get the summer off jack. god damn right about that.

am i right?

does not make any of these parents bad parents for that.

same with sports and every damn thing else. not saying that is primary reason number 1 but when johnny is at whatever the hell for 2 hours mommy can get # done and maybe, just maybe mommy and daddy can get a little action happening before mommy and daddy have to be up at 5 am to start their day of providing.

there is no wrong in that
edit on 11-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You do know girl scouts don't shower together right? You are coming across as pervy dude

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

'Murica is a little behind in a few things compared to other countries. We're workin' on it... well, some of us are.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am in agreement with you as referenced in my post that I think it is a great thing

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Webelos!

Man, I use to raise the flag and take it down at school in like 4th or 5th grade, also I remember being able to carry a pocketknife (super basic swiss army knife) to school because WEBELOS.

Man I sold so much damn popcorn, SO MUCH!

But you know what, those girl scouts get me every time, hey mister want to buy some girl scout cookies?

WHGKAL: WHA:? DID YOU SAY GIRL SCOUT GOOKIES?!~!!!?

LET ME HIT UP THIS ATM

I mean you gotta get like 2 boxes at least of each kind am I right?

is it girl scout cookie season yet?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I usually won't bother with your nonsense but for the sake of rationality...

The Feminist Agenda

Equality is such a radical notion!

there's already a Girl Scouts, then why the need for convergence

I hope GSA reciprocates and allows boys to join troops, whether all boy or co-ed.

There's a huge difference between GSA and BSA. I was a GS and my brother was a BS. I got to sew he learned to build fires and learned how to use a knife and fish and camp, not that there's anything wrong with sewing. I just would have preferred to learn the survival skills and I would have chosen an all girl troop not one with boys. Plus believe it or not, being an Eagle Scout actually means something.

I would prefer GSA model itself after BSA but they aren't.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

I am in agreement with you as referenced in my post that I think it is a great thing

for sure. we are on the same page.

its a crock of #.

go back through the thread and look at the arguments from the people that are pissed. its the lamest # ever

awkward boys cant be around girls.... well how about in teaching those boys how to be men they teach them how to be around girls? lets toss that into the mix along with whiddling some # and fly fishing.

but its called the boy scouts..... so #ing what. change the name. dont change the name.

but there are perverts.... yup. a lot of dudes are creepy bastards.... any of these people worried about those perverts around their little boys or do they think these men are just gonna perv out when the little girls come along?

on page one starts the 'but i identify as a woman so i get to take a shower with them #'
it is retarded
edit on 11-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join