It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
alright lets just get this over with. where do i turn in to get neutralized? I never liked much my package or that testosterone. I was coerced. Never was enough to go around and it all smells really bad.

We're all equal. So lets be equal once and for all. Where're my meds? I'm having unwanted misandrist thoughts suddenly.
edit on 10/11/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

imagine the horrors of a woman scout leader!?!?!?!

Yes, because who better to teach a boy how to be a man than... err... a woman?

Boy Scouts isn't about learning to tie knots. That's just a means to an end.

Think of it like a course teaching people how to handle firearms, except in this case the "gun" is the raging bundle of testosterone and instincts and social anxieties that make up the average young boy. The instructor, because they have "been there, done that", can lead by setting a positive example and has the experience to understand what is happening.

Would you want to learn how to shoot from someone who has never owned or used a gun? No? Then why would you want a woman to lead Boy Scouts?

edit on Ev57WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 16:57:09 -05009562017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Even young men need sammiches.

Start them gals early! They can carry the food, beer and stoves on the camping trips.

I Hadn't thought of the kitchen aspect of this. Give those girls a cooking badge and have them whip up some lunch for the troops! And do the damn dishes when you are done!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Things Cub Scouts Do. Some of the best things about Cub Scouting are the activities you get to do: camping, hiking, racing model cars, going on field trips, or doing projects that help your hometown and the people who live there

girls can do those things. girls can teach those things.
are they teaching boys to piss standing up or are they teaching them how to start a fire?

Boy Scouting is a membership level of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) for boys and young men. It provides youth training in character, citizenship, and mental and personal fitness. Boy Scouts are expected to develop personal religious values, learn the principles of American heritage and government, and acquire skills to become successful adults.

holy # women can teach that stuff too

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah, the mommas boy dynamic is another key area of debate on this.

Are there any positive statistics of men being raised by only women? I cant ever recall seeing any, but various negative ones, but hey maybe some exist out there?

BSA being a perhaps the only solution for single moms to get positive male role models injected into their boys lives, well we cant have that after all feminizing all the boys into little emo hipster capri pant wearing nancies well that is the pinnacle of 'Babylonianist' thinking now, and hey the past 20 years of en masse child development have been oh so oozing with 'progress', I mean just look at all these trigger unhappy entitled SOB's temper tantruming around as the majority now. Just need that pesky Boy Scouts out of the way and The Program will be complete.....
edit on 11-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TinySickTears

Exactly, and if sickos cant keep their hands of the boys imagine the temptation putting little girls in the mix too.

This is kind of like the whole trangender restrooms debate, except if that mandate was that MEN who claimed to 'require' the little girls room for their self esteem were also included and if schools as a norm had odd non-staff adults lurking around any given day.

Actually, didnt that get tried out in some big dept stores?

This 'the world is rainbows and puppydogs' 'there are no monsters in the world' approach to things is insane.

HUMANS ARE MONSTERS.

And the weirdest part of the restroom thing and this thing is in a supposed RAPE CULTURE why on earth would liberals be the ones specifically bent on maximizing the rape prone factor of our nations children? And I'm not speaking specifically to the commoners who have bought into the nu-liberal logic and hear a thing like this and go 'of course that makes sense', I'm talking about the fountainheads who have crafted this entire social engineering 'thing'... well it makes perfect sense that if we maximize rape that is create an ACTUAL Rape Culture well down the lines we'll have tons of fresh new victims of rape to join the feminist ranks later down the road, maybe come out gay/lesbian if really lucky, and int he long run sounds like a effing BRILLIANT nefarious Population Reduction plan if I've ever heard one. Which makes sense as this whole identity politick scheme the liberals have been sold on it all comes out of academia and silicon valley, thats right the technocrat elites who their new religion is immortality via transhumanist technology advances in the immediate future, and for them to live forever well first of all that mean there's too many humans we'll have to start getting rid of people and second, well we need to be accepted so hey lets adopt the Zionist's "YOU'RE AN ANTI-SEMITE" demagogue method to just totally obliterate any and all criticisms of The Agenda™ (and censorship across all social media and so on SJW Supremacy BS).

Not that I believe any of your crap, well because I don't, but one angle I've read is they're going after the men first because men are traditionally the warriors, the defenders. They're also the firecracker that threatens the draconian future because to have order the participants have to be compliant. They embolden the woman first and then chip away at the narrative and the character of men until they fall. The whole idea is to divide and conquer and create a complicit population in preparation for a world where security is tight and any loose ends could spell disaster for the entire planet.

I don't believe any of that garbage either. It IS garbage. In truth, we're experiencing the systemic and persistent devaluing of the two genders. They no longer hold clout in todays world. The pace is increasing. What this means is they're blurring and the future is anybody's guess. At any moment, a new kind of human might emerge.
edit on 10/11/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Not that I believe any of your crap, well because I don't, but one angle I've read is they're going after the men first because men are traditionally the warriors, the defenders. They're also the firecracker that threatens the draconian future because to have order the participants have to be compliant. They embolden the woman first and then pick away at the narrative and the character of men until they fall. The whole idea is to divide and conquer and create a complicit population in preparation for a world where security is tight and any loose ends could spell disaster for the entire planet.

And you do or dont see the logic in that?

Now about not believing my rant there, which part do you need data on????

I can deliver. Before I ever take a stand like that I already know I can; knowing about it is what drives me.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Things Cub Scouts Do. Some of the best things about Cub Scouting are the activities you get to do: camping, hiking, racing model cars, going on field trips, or doing projects that help your hometown and the people who live there

girls can do those things. girls can teach those things.
are they teaching boys to piss standing up or are they teaching them how to start a fire?

Boy Scouting is a membership level of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) for boys and young men. It provides youth training in character, citizenship, and mental and personal fitness. Boy Scouts are expected to develop personal religious values, learn the principles of American heritage and government, and acquire skills to become successful adults.

holy # women can teach that stuff too

If you want to see how good women can teach boys to be men all you have to do is look at the results in the black community where almost 75% of kids are born out of wedlock and being raised by women... the results aren't good.

I don't give a fizz what some hairy underarmed women's lib professor claims.... Women cannot teach boys how to be men.

It is a lot deeper than just taking some kid camping, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

are you insinuating that boys will be uncomfortable learning to tie a knot or start a fire with a girl?

yes. I do believe so. I was a boy scout. my younger brother an eagle scout. My father a scoutmaster.

At that young age I did feel odd around girls. My dad took my younger brother and their troop out for days after they moved to California. I don't think co-ed camp outs would be a good thing.

The girl scouts want an Eagle scout badge, make a criteria for them to earn one in their organization.

Does this mean boys can also join the girl scouts and attend their camp outs?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Women cannot teach boys how to be men.

It is a lot deeper than just taking some kid camping, etc.

i guess

if a person sends their boy to the scouts to be taught how to become a man then i think there is something else wrong with that picture

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

maybe if you were not isolated from girls and only around boys as a youngling you would not have been weirded out by them when you were around them

i unno

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Get real...

I know you are being sarcastic but, what you said is exactly why there are women exclusive gyms and clubs because men are deep down horn dogs and most can't keep their mind straight when a female is present.

That aside.

When I was in scouts from 12 - 15 and then went onto the more mature level where all we did was survival training two females went the whole way until 18. The only requirement for that to happen was there needed to be a female "leader" present, guess they were lucky since one of the leaders was their mother.
This is in Canadian scouts tho. But fact is, when j finished with the scouting world that was over 10 years ago. Meaning girls were allowed almost 20 years ago. It's nothing new.
They did everything guys did, only thing different was sleeping in separate tents for camping and different bathrooms when available.

Not sure what the big deal is.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

maybe if you were not isolated from girls and only around boys as a youngling you would not have been weirded out by them when you were around them

well gee wilikers Dr. Freud you have discovered the cure to shyness and awkwardness . You should get the noble # prize you condensing piece of it

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

TBH the Boy Scouts do a lot more practical stuff than the Girl Scouts do. A girl would benefit more from the BSA than the GSA. The Explorer program was already Coed. I can see lots more "personal" issues with having them together, but if a girl wants to be an Eagle Scout, go for it. Just be prepared for some " little scouts" along the way.

Beats sneaking out of the cabin late at night to check out the Girls Camp!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

well gee wilikers Dr. Freud you have discovered the cure to shyness and awkwardness . You should get the noble # prize you condensing piece of it

didnt figure a cure. just a treatment.
i was shy and awkward around girls too. i figured out all on my own that retreating into the woods with nothing but dudes was probably not the way to go

tell me how condensed am i?

am i more or less condensed than that?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As a woman... with a son... he's not old enough for any kind of clubs yet but even if he was, I can't think of a reason he couldn't be around girls in that same club- what is the problem? I do understand it's called BOY scouts.... but perhaps someone could then just make a "Scouts" program for parents or children who want to do or think co ed would be better?

I wouldn't have cared if there were boys in girl scouts when I was younger. I hung out with my two best friends on my street who were boys all the time and I was even invited to a sleep over party two houses down. I was the only girl. Granted we were under 10 and was the only time I was ever granted permission to go to a boys sleepover party but what do you men or even other women who are upset about this, think is the problem?

IF anyone sees this reply, I'm genuinely curious. Maybe because I was never in boy scouts I am missing something and don't understand how this can be a real issue. My mind is open to your thoughts or views.

-Alee
edit on 10/11/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

We are not talking about the scouts,
We are talking about the "boy" scouts.

Why shouldn't boys be able to have a club free from females?

so change the name to the scouts. keep the name boy scouts. makes no difference. its just a name

and i never said boys shouldnt be able to have a club free from females

why cant 'the scouts' be co ed?

The boys already have or had a club free of females it was called the Boy Scouts.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Well, for one thing in a Lord of the Flies situation the girls wouldn't do so well co-ed.

It looks like both releases of the film are there to watch in youtube atm, and oh noes whats this:

Lord of the Flies ALL FEMALE Remake

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The organization said Wednesday's decision brings the Boy Scouts closer to "the values of Scouting — trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent," said Chief Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh.

oh my gawd the horror.
co ed scouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a female earning the coveted eagle scout!!!!!!!

this is insanity

who gives a #

While I agree, on the one hand, try to remember growing up. It is really nice to have some activities with just your own sex for many reasons. One you don't have to worry about sex, about being appealing, about who likes who and who is not getting the girls. The other reasons gays should not be included.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I can't think of a reason he couldn't be around girls in that same club- what is the problem?

As I said he can grow there without competing, really good for the homely and unpopular with the opposite sex to have a place to feel equal in the activities. Fatherless boys can be exposed to having a strong male leader and approval for carving or whatever they are working on builds character and a sense of self.

The girls need the same in a female atmosphere.
edit on 11-10-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join