It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Because boys and girls are different.

This should not be news to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Great, but I think you need to change the name though. Disagree?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
didnt even take a whole page for people to start in with transgenders and showering.

totally not the topic at all

why are you all so afraid?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

We are not talking about the scouts,
We are talking about the "boy" scouts.

Why shouldn't boys be able to have a club free from females?

link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Because boys and girls are different.

This should not be news to you.

en.wikipedia.org...

The BSA's goal is to train youth in responsible citizenship, character development, and self-reliance through participation in a wide range of outdoor activities, educational programs, and, at older age levels, career-oriented programs in partnership with community organizations. For younger members, the Scout method is part of the program to instill typical Scouting values such as trustworthiness, good citizenship, and outdoors skills, through a variety of activities such as camping, aquatics, and hiking.

pretty sure girls can do this stuff.
dont see anything about showering

again, why are you/people so afraid?

+3 more 
link   

If you had a daughter out in the woods getting diddled int he tent when the adult is sleeping.

Then there's the pervert adult dynamic getting a multifaceted makeover in any old troop.

No news like bad news the Scouts can expect plenty of solid headlines in the future now so that'd make this a 'good' decision.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Great, but I think you need to change the name though. Disagree?

Boy Scouts is a generic term. mostly I hear them called Cub Scouts so that name can stay since cubs are not gender specific.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have fond memories of the Boy Scouts as a kid. Camping, shooting, fishing, and all the life lessons learned.

Having girls in the scouts is not a good thing imho. Boy Scouts are at the age where there are clear differences between boys and girls. At least in my troop, the scout master spent a lot of time focusing on helping us become men. Of course, this was back when men where men and women were women. None of this gender fluidity BS.

The sooner I can get my acreage off grid and get away from the idiocracy that is becoming mainstream society the better.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

so change the name to the scouts. keep the name boy scouts. makes no difference. its just a name

and i never said boys shouldnt be able to have a club free from females

why cant 'the scouts' be co ed?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I'm not against it, Hell I'm all for it!!

But while we are asking questions, why can't I really be part of the cheerleading squad and shower with team? I identify as a girl I'm just pre op!!

I'm sure the girls wouldn't feel uncomfortable if I focus all my washing on one body would they? I mean they aren't transphobic are they? Would you mind showering with me?

first, why are you talking about transgender?
second, why are you talking about showering?

are you insinuating that boys will be uncomfortable learning to tie a knot or start a fire with a girl?

i dont understand

I'm not just talking about joining the girl scouts...sheesh don't be so narrow minded. I'm saying don't just end with the knot tying. Let's really get this out in the open. If you want to be coed I'm all for it!! Why stop with the Boy Scouts??

I want to join the dallas cheerleaders!! I want to be treated as an equal...Why are my rights not important?

Maybe you're just not as dedicated to the equality thing as I am......

You're some sort of phobic obviously..

link   

Were you ever in Boy Scouts?

link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Girl Scouts are much more different then Boy Scouts. My little sis was in GS...The couple of months she was with them all it was is them trying to sell things out of a catalog like candies and such. Didn't see much outdoors survival thing going. So I'm all for girls being in the Boy Scouts. They will actually learn something constructive then trying to sell things all the time.

This. They will be separated by sex as well. There will be girl troops and boy troops. I'd rather GSA adopt BSA programs though simply because I'm sick of controversy.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

so the boys are creeps and the scout leaders are pervs?
bummer

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you had a daughter out in the woods getting diddled int he tent when the adult is sleeping.

Then there's the pervert adult dynamic getting a multifaceted makeover in any old troop.

No news like bad news the Scouts can expect plenty of solid headlines in the future now so that'd make this a 'good' decision.

Thee most arrogant post yet....What's stopping that perv to do it to the boys...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Were you ever in Boy Scouts?

# no
dont do religious organizations

what does it matter if i was or not?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

It's not news to people like this....they just like to stir the pot and argue against logic and traditional values. Look, I think it's great that girls want to be in the Boys Scouts, but don't they have a scouting program for girls? Like another poster mentioned, some girls would like to join a "scouting" organization that teaches them outdoor/survival skills. If this is true, why can't this be addressed by the Girl Scout organization? If you allow girls into an organization called the "Boy Scouts of America," shouldn't the name be changed at the very least?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
Happy yet 'Murica? 🙄

Where will this stupidity end?

will not end, its an agenda that will prevail one way or another, it was meant to be like that from the beginning, learn to live with it, its a must nowadays, happy progressive year to you all

link   

Yes, boys are creeps LOL what planet have you been living on?

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

ok.
cant have a conversation with you
mental note of that

lets see how many more people get their panties < -------(oh snap. girls wear panties) in a bunch over this
edit on 11-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Bluntone22

so change the name to the scouts. keep the name boy scouts. makes no difference. its just a name

and i never said boys shouldnt be able to have a club free from females

why cant 'the scouts' be co ed?

Why cant they just have girls scouts?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join