It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says that Anti-America TV Networks Could Lose Their Broadcast License.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Does it really matter which particular "fake news" network is being discussed here? Really?

The fact that it's being discussed at all should be terrifying to anyone with two brain cells to rub together. CNN, or Fox, who f'n cares, it's wrong irregardless.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've been fed up with liars for years now. I especially hate lies coming from those in a position of power, which many of us agree includes the media. Sadly.

That said, this is another of those slippery slopes. Maybe well intended, but an unnecessary blow to freedom of speech.

Haven't we lost enough freedoms already? Many of our existing freedoms are turning into a half arsed illusion.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: neo96

You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm pro-2A. Why can't you see how wrong this is?

Try reading my first post.

Wrong tree barking eh.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm guessing he'd like a state run news agency. Seems to be working well for North Korea.
This guy has stomped all over everything mentioned in the First Amendment.
Why wouldn't he do something more constructive like take an interview with a "fake news" station and have his opinion on public record with them? Or is this just for his Fox news as they're clearly in the front running to be the state media.
Some of you people frighten me with how quickly you abandon our rights.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well we will see if this holds any weight or merit in a year or so. I doubt it because it will go before the Supreme Court or might get shot down by one of the Circuit Courts. Eh.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

So you're cool with pulling broadcast licenses of media organizations that are critical of the President but you'd prefer he do *something* to social media platforms first? What's third on your list, send me and people like me to re-education camps?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Too bad Carlin is 10 years gone. He would have BBQ'd this administration. Sam B, Lewis Black and Colbert wrapped into one.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: carewemust

No. This is not something that should excite you. It's appallingly wrong and completely contrary to free, democratic society, it's unconstitutional and it's against bedrock American values.

The President has no respect for our country or our Constitution. These tweets are quite possibly the most abhorrent things he's tweeted and that's saying something.

Eventually the Networks will either (a) find a little conservative-hating niche that they can service and survive on, (b) decide on their own to adopt a more balanced approach in their reporting...including not reporting unsubstantiated "sources based" bombshells...realizing that their viewership is about as evenly split as the electorate itself across America, (c) pay attention to the downward spiral in their business...as the NFL finally did...and make emergency adjustments before it all blows up in their faces, or (d) end up in the business dustbin of history.

Trump does not need to do much more than draw attention to the ongoing problem. The market will take care of the rest.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well on second thought now you mentioned it.......

Nah im kidding. But there has to be a limit on what is considered Anti-American Rhetoric. For craps sake these news outlets have the power to project to the entire American public and you are fine with telling the public to hate Trump and it's bad to be patriotic? Where does one draw the line?

I'm ok of being critical with any president but at the same time there is a point where it's borderline anti-democratic rhetoric. Impeachment talks and the like of it. I mean really?
edit on 11-10-2017 by Nik0laTesla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump really knows how to push all the Leftist's buttons eh?

These Tweets are the most abhorrent thing ever!!

LOL calm down girls, like it's really going to happen.
Trump has an opinion of them and he will say it, it's not like he saying something that's not true.
The Liberal MSM has been in meltdown mode for almost a year now, with no signs of stopping.
It's time we start classifying them as Sitcoms instead of news sources.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
good!

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The President is getting seriously fed up with FAKE NEWS that undermines the United States. It's about time!

It's about time that the POTUS tramples the First Amendment and the Constitutional right of free press because it says bad things about him and he gets his feelings hurt?

I hope you don't really believe that.

That is a completely unAmerican (read: fascist) ideology that is a danger to our very way of life and the foundations of America.

You people are becoming more dangerous every day. How dare you call yourselves Americans.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you're cool with pulling broadcast licenses of media organizations that are critical of the President but you'd prefer he do *something* to social media platforms first?

We weren't fine with it during the last administration targeting journalists.

Why should we be now?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Just tagging your thread to follow and may add some stuff later ... Got to head out to the bank to get some yummy money to give to someone else .:>)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Trump really knows how to push all the Leftist's buttons eh?

The sign of a great leader and a champion of the people. @@

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

Why? Why is it good?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Did it hurt rolling your eyes like that??

Because they disagree with the slant, they want to shut 'em down. ...and in three plus years, if Trump doesn't get re-elected and someone in office wants to shut down their news sites, or sites, like this one, that carry opinions differing from that administration...I'm sure they'll be OK with that, too.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All Trump really has to do is get a bunch of people and blockade access to the stations.

Like his haters did during the election campaign, and after the election.

And there's not a damn thing they can say about it.

Since people do have the right to 'protest' to silence speech they don't like.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You don't see the issue here, do you?

The mere fact that he's even contemplating this should be cause for alarm...

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, look around at this thread. Clearly, you do not speak for your peers. Instead of trying to argue with me when it appears from what you're saying, that we're in agreement about the sanctity of the Bill of Rights, maybe you should be explaining to them why they're wrong?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join