It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Ahh law makers trying to make an impression that they care more than the next guy. Making things illegal that are already illegal is a cheap trick that works.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I didn't know transgender terminology was already illegal...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Speaking to the abuse of trans folks that seems to be epidemic.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wiener is a dingaling.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They do specify it is unlawful when “willfully and repeatedly failing to use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns after being clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns”, and put it on the same moral plane as denying admission and refusing services. It is absurd that you are compelled to use a persons preferred name and pronoun by force of government law.

This bill would enact the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Residents’ Bill of Rights. Among other things, the bill would make it unlawful, except as specified, for any long-term care facility to take specified actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status, including, among others, willfully and repeatedly failing to use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns after being clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns, or denying admission to a long-term care facility, transferring or refusing to transfer a resident within a facility or to another facility, or discharging or evicting a resident from a facility. The bill would also provide certain protections to all residents of long-term care facilities during, among other things, physical examinations or treatments, relating to bodily privacy. The bill would define long-term care facility for purposes of these provisions to include skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities, and residential care facilities for the elderly. The bill would also, among other things, require each facility to post a specified notice regarding discrimination alongside its current nondiscrimination policy in all places and on all materials where the nondiscrimination policy is posted. The bill would require a violation of these provisions to be treated as a violation under the Long-Term Care, Health, Safety, and Security Act of 1973, the California Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly Act, or specified provisions providing for the licensure and regulation of health facilities, which may include the imposition of civil penalties. By expanding the definition of existing crimes, the bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm new to this. What was the existing law about trans people? I didn't header about it, but then again I'm not really in the loop. Trying to play catch up here

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's not legal however so people will need to challenge. In fact, this is only 1 out of thousands of illegal null and void abuses of power ordinances, and its high time people get councils of citizens going, with a majority and start to take back their power. There is never a moment when this isn't the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
so i can invent some unpronouncable name and when people refuse to call me by it, bam sue their ass

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

So much for the First Amendment in California!! No more free speech there.

What the heck is wrong with these people???

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

California is going under seen their logo?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

California is going under seen their logo?

"Going"? More like gone!!

So, if someone decides they are the opposite sex, and a worker disagrees, and refers to them by what they actually are, that worker can go to jail? Someone's grandma can become senile, decide she's the grandpa, and instead of seeing this as a symptom of mental issues, jail the care workers!

Oh, but, gee, it's for the elderly! How dare we complain?? Always some special label, to excuse the tyranny. For the children, for the elderly, to stop the bullies. The real bullies are the ones pushing this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

But how can we stop them? They have all the money and power. They're assholes.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I thought the whole purpose of the new genders is where folks would blend in . What they going to do , start wearing signs around their necks that proclaim their gender(s) ?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If I refer to everyone as IT then I think I'm covered.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about calling them 'things'. Things works.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about calling them 'things'. Things works.

that works too...I guess it would mean evil clown...could get sued

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So the F what.

Get a hobby...the lot of you....Geezus..

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

This is not just happening in America. In the UK the libtards have gone insane, too.

If you care about freedom carry on as normal. Don't be scared of the threats.

If I want to say something I will say it how I want and always do. If they want to put me n the jailhouse for it, so be it. Just shows what CRIMINALS OF LIBERTY they are. I will not be shut down buy anyone, including the authorities.

How dare any state control language? It is what Orwell told us to be wary of. Language is important to me. If I want to use the word fag, queer, puff, call someone a she or a he I will do it.

I am a man. Women are women. We have BOYS and GIRLS and unfortunately LIBTARDS.

Everything LIBERAL is now the enemy of civilization. it must be dumped sharply and quickly.

Don't put up with any of this #. Fight for freedom always.

Dear California,

Puff, queer, faggot, homo, he, she, it.

Lol, how can you ban he and she from language? They are utterly insane and need dealing with intellectually. This needs to be stamped on before it does become dangerous to us all. It is the first thing we learn when we study language; I, he, she, we, they. If you have a willy you are a he to me, if you don't then you are a she. If you don't want to be a he any longer cut it off then. Enough of this.

They are doing this for motives of control. Orwell said that they who control language control the accompanying thought. YOU WILL NEVER CONTROL ME. Kill me if you like, but I will stay free. Delete me, beat me, whatever, but I ill NEVER change.

I wrote this post not to cause offense, but to declare my freedom to use language. I actually do have some bisexual leanings, but I choose to repress them.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Where in Calif are you going to find a jury of 12 that is going to go along with this BS.

If i was on such a jury i would never convict someone of this BS.

There are a number of dumb laws in a number of states that the DAs never take to trial because they know they will lose.

The only people that get convicted are the dumb ones that plea out before trial.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This is about the abuse of the elderly patients, which is already covered by the existing laws.
But don't let that stop your fake outrage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join